Lose 100 lbs in 2015

Options

Comments

• quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Izadora, enjoy Cornwall & don't forget, beautiful walks & coastline there so you can work off some of the pub calories whilst still enjoying yourself.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2015 at 6:35AM
    Options
    Izadora, I felt like that this week and I have decided it's the booze if I don't drink but stay in points I lose at least 2lbs if I drink at all it is 1lb or less. And whilst this "might" be my imagination I don't think it is, I didn't drink at all in the first few weeks because I was on anti-biotics so my experiment for the next two weeks is no alcohol. BUT on holidays surely the main aim is to have a brilliant time and not put on any weight. Have a great holiday, I love Cornwall. Quidsy is right do loads of walking that will enable a bit of fish and chips and cream teas.

Day 120, 43 points. As I was feeling a bit meeawwww I am eating my extra points through the week equally to see what happens at the next weigh in. I am 5 lbs from the next stone down and I want to be there now, however I will happily get there for my god-daughter's wedding in three weeks time. I have put the scales in the airing cupboard as I was getting a bit weighing obsessive and I just want to weigh in once a week.........sometimes I do worry about being a bit full on. However I tell it all to you lot because I have only told one person IRL that I am dieting and I have to bore on somewhere.
  • ciderwithrosie_2
    ciderwithrosie_2 Posts: 3,707 Forumite
    Options
    Am also trying to stay away from alcohol ....for the next couple of weeks at least. I lost 2lb this week and I'm 3lb away from two and a half stone lost, so I've got my determined head back on!!
    'Fat molecules be gone!!'_party_ (closest thing I could find to a wizard!)
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2015 at 7:42PM
    Options
    I don't drink much at all but my thing is eating outside meal times - in term time I compulsively eat when I get home at night, and then at weekends and holidays I just want to eat all the time, all through the day.

When I have that under control and eat regular meals, and stop once I've had a meal, I lose weight. It's really hard for me to be disciplined but I am amazed at how it doesn't actually hurt when I stop eating after my tea and don't have anything until breakfast the next day!

Well done CWR, you're doing great!

Izadora hope you have a great holiday.

Tootallulah, I bore all my work colleagues with my weight loss journey but they are (at least to my face!) really supportive and patient with me. You bore away, it's never too full on and you have inspired lots of us to have a go with you.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • tootallulah
    edited 6 May 2015 at 8:37PM
    Options
    CWR that is BRILLIANT you are doing so well, hiya JPS it is good that you have supportive colleagues, my one friend who does know has been brilliant. And I am sure a big part of not giving up is this thread so many thanks to everyone who is on here.

Day 121, 52 points I had a working lunch today which has meant I really do only have 5 of my 47 points left for the rest of the week - but I am sure this is better that eating them all up on Sunday which has been the case for a few weeks.

I got out some tomato soup for lunch tomorrow spurred on by the reappearance of cold weather. And I stocked up on reduced fish at Waitrose this morning the freezer door closes, but only just.
  • Suzan22
    Suzan22 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Good Luck :)
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 121, 41 points
    Day 122, 32 points

Thanks for your support Suzan.

The first day for many,many days when I have kept to my points total, excellent. Rather annoyingly I am hungry - not going out tonight so I think an early night watching rubbish TV is in order.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 123, 47 points, out for lunch with friends and then out to the local country show on a wet and blustery day. I have eaten all of my exercise points plus my 47 points but I have swerved the alcohol completely. Not my best week I had better make a bit of an effort tomorrow!
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For me, I had another personal training session today - the last one before I go on holiday on Tuesday!

I did put on 0.3kg but my muscle percentage went up and my body fat went down to the lowest it's ever been! So some progress there. Now I hope I don't mess it all up when on holiday! I will make sure I swim nearly every day to get some exercise in and not drink heavily every day!
  • tootallulah
    Options
    I would say loads of progress there Sharon, are you feeling stronger? I hope that you have a brilliant holiday and can keep up with the swimming.

I am looking ahead to July and August when I am lucky enough to be away twice, once in France and once in Borneo...............that will be two months where I probably don't lose a lot if anything. So I need to be extra scrupulous in May, June and the first half of July I think that another 20lbs is realistic in that time.

Planting out in the garden today as well as lots of potting up in the greenhouse. And at some point my niece will arrive to help with the everlasting unpacking/putting away/sending to the charity shop which seems to have been my life for the past many months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure