Lose 100 lbs in 2015

Options

Comments

• tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    Day 131, 40 points.

Weigh in this morning and I stayed the same which is a relief after a very bad week of eating rubbish.

Hiya Belsy, sympathy on your lack of progress me too, and I am also annoyed with myself.
    However it's a new week so everything to go for!
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, I hope everyone had a good weekend. Well done on the losses / staying the same.

It seems I got away with Cornwall (maybe it was cancelled out by the week when I didn't really deserve to put on) and also drinking rather a lot on Saturday (I was at Twickenham all day for rugby 7s...) as I managed to lose just over 3lb this week. It means there's now 10% less of me as well!!

I've now only got two and a half weeks to lose 6lb if I want to hit my original target of 25lb by holiday, which would be more likely to happen if I wasn't going down to Hampshire, where there'll be lots of drinking and my boyfriend's family constantly trying to feed me, next weekend. I'll try to stick to points as best I can but, if I don't make the full 25lb, I'll try to focus on the fact that all of my holiday clothes now fit comfortably instead.
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all, well done on the weight loss Izadora :T.
    tootallulah, belsy, sorry to hear you've not had great weeks, hope this week is better for you.

I have had a reasonable good week - did have a takeaway last night, but hardly ate anything up to that yesterday due to being too busy, so am not too worried.

I've made the decision to cancel my WW online subscription and have downloaded the nutracheck app instead, which is only £3.99 a month. I find it much more user friendly and am finding it quicker and easier to use, especially with the barcode scanner, so I'll be using that from now on instead.

Will report back with my WI on wednesday, hope you all have a good week.

x
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I weighed in this evening and have lost 4.5lbs! I'm quite surprised as it wasn't really the best week I've had. Finally got my 2st award too.

Feeling a bit meh at the moment - I am still writing everything down every day, which seems to work for me overall, and I am really pleased with my progress, but for some reason I'm feeling a bit daunted by the fact that I probably need to do this forever now - not losing after I get to a healthier weight I mean, but controlling my diet very closely.

Not sure why I think that is such a drag, for goodness' sakes. I don't know why I still want to be an overeater, when all it did was make me ill. I don't make much sense sometimes!
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 132, 35 points.

Well done Izadora, many congratulations on the 10%, and congrats to you too MeandO I hope the new App works it is a good saving, different strokes etc,

jps - I am going to worry how I maintain at the point that is my issue otherwise I just wouldn't stay on the diet. A friend is doing the 5:2 and has lost as much as me since Christmas, maintenance on that is 1:6 we could do that after this length of dieting.

I am paying for eating a bag of toffees last week with terrible sugar cravings which had pretty much disappeared, so annoyed with myself. Trying to combat them with cherries! Tomorrow I am off to London for a conference for two day, back a day then off to a wedding. I really want to lose a lb or two this week so self control is needed.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Been AWOL posting wise but been lurking and cheering on all your progress :T.

Now back - in Spain and last few weeks have been frenetic however:
    Starting goal - 56lbs :eek:
    This [STRIKE]week's[/STRIKE] month's :o loss - 2lbs :j
    Cumulative loss - 7lbs :j
    Weight to go - 49lbs :eek:.

As that is half a stone can I have a sticker please :D.

Need to meal plan and get a routine of some sort going, off to the market soon to get fruit and veg and will pop into fishmongers if I can remember where it is :o. Will see what looks good and plan round it that way for today then get a routine going.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 133, 39 points.

Hola GG, well done on the 7lbs. It is blooming freezing in England just to cheer you up.

Hello Abbey11 thank-you for the encouragement.
  • ciderwithrosie_2
    ciderwithrosie_2 Posts: 3,707 Forumite
    Options
    Well done ladies!! Hope everyone's having a good week?

Managed to lose 4lbs this week - been a bit more focussed, more walking (now it's a bit easier) and no alcohol sessions! Hopefully on track to have lost 3st by the end of June - so 6lbs to go, which feels doable (anything more is a bonus!).

I know what you mean jpscloud, but I'm hoping by the time I get to a weight I'm happy with, eating this way and watching portion sizes etc. will be ingrained in me.
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Wow CWR you are doing brilliantly, could you send a bit of that determination my way?

Day 134, 62 points, day 135, 49 points. I just about survived the conference which was brilliant. i now need to be as controlled as possible at the wedding I am at this week-end. Fingers crossed it doesn't all unravel.
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    1.5lb loss this week. yay
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport