Lose 100 lbs in 2015

Options

Comments

• tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    Day 144, 51 points which did include a lovely bag of Maltesers! It seems like old habits of comfort eating die hard!

Well done on the gym Quidsy.

I am not working today which is a lovely treat in the middle of the week. I am off to get my eyes tested.
  • ciderwithrosie_2
    ciderwithrosie_2 Posts: 3,707 Forumite
    Options
    Mmmmm....Maltesers (in Homer Simpson style). At work we have 'Freddo Friday', people take it in turns to buy them for everyone to celebrate getting through the week! 3 points for a hit of chocolate which seems to be just enough to satisfy cravings (if you nibble it slowly).

I'm aiming for 70lbs this year which is 5st. That won't be the end of it, as I'll still need to carry on into next year, but I'll be over half of the way there.

I have bought a pedometer now just to see how many steps I actually do as I have a very sedentary job and was finding walking anywhere difficult and painful (it's getting easier). I'm actually nearer the 10,000 steps than I thought I would be which is encouraging. I'll often walk further to catch the bus now and am hoping by the end of the year I'll be up to walking the whole distance - I will still catch the bus home at night! I know more walking will help with the toning up of waist, legs, etc.

Found the camo trousers, and yes, they are a bit big on the waist (will have to wear a belt with them), also found the khaki T shirt too, so that's saved some money for other bits and bobs I'll need to get.
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tootallulah - yes, it's a great feeling. I love the sunshine and my clothes being comfortable will make it all the more enjoyable. Hopefully the walking and swimming will counteract some of the alcohol and food so they won't all be too tight by the end of the fortnight!! Enjoy your day off and I hope the eye test goes well. The only thing I hate about having mine done is the puff of air in your eye.

jpscloud - I'm glad you're feeling okay about it and well done for not giving up. It's something I've done all too often in the past and I know how easy it is to think that you've made it so much harder for yourself that it's not worth bothering anymore.

quidsy - well done on going to the gym. I need to find a way to motivate myself because I really should do more exercise. I like the idea of splitting your points up to allow a couple of more relaxed days as well and might give it a try after holiday.

rosie - well done with the walking and it's great that it's getting easier. Fab news about the too-big-now trousers too.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Good news on the camo CWR. Hello Izadora, I am counting weeks down to France now, 6 weeks to go I am really looking forward to it. Holidays are a brilliant joy.

CWR, you and I are in a VERY similar ball park to the end game. I never said I only had 100lbs to lose! So the big thing is still to just keep on going and keep on top of it. 100 lbs would be great but let's be honest 70 lbs would be too, I just don't want to give up or to have surgery for loose skin. The loose skin thing may be inevitable of course.

Today whilst sitting opposite my Mum she suddenly said "your face looks thinner, is it walking to the station?" I did say I was also cutting down a bit, amazingly there was no comment.

It is blowing a blooming gale here what has happened to the early summer? It better get its hat on pdq. I have done a bit of planting out of low level plants amid the wind and rain, I really need all the plants in the garden now if I am to have a good show through the summer. Today has been the end of all my peonies and quite a few lupins, so annoying- and also partly my own fault for not getting the staking stuff in early enough.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 145, 53 points - oh dear nearly all extra points eaten rather early in the week.
  • ciderwithrosie_2
    Options
    The loose skin thing may be inevitable of course.

When I lost 8st about 6-7 years ago, I was quite pleasantly surprised that I didn't have more loose skin, I was walking everywhere then though as I had more energy than I knew what to do with.

Now I'm 51 (well, in a couple of weeks) and feel a lot slower and the body is less forgiving, so I'm not expecting much. Just to feel a bit more normal in everyday life would be good!
    Over futile odds
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • Micanski112
    Options
    Im lost same lbs but im use animal cut and of corse change life style + spend a lot time in gym.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 146, 52 points I am having a disastrous week. Oh well tomorrow is another day.
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement folks, I definitely will stay, thanks Tallulah - I need your support! I'll maybe change my aim to 50lbs like CWR and will be really pleased to achieve that.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • ciderwithrosie_2
    edited 3 June 2015 at 8:21PM
    Options
    2lb off for me this week - 4lbs to go to 3st.

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement ladies!!

Was pleased to have lost this week as stayed the same last week and have been trying really hard and have resisted cakes and doughnuts at work (let the skinnies eat them!).

Tootallulah, any clues about what's different this week? Or just feeling a bit 'meh'? Don't think this indecisive weather helps! Anything we can do to help in a cyberly way?

Yep, come on jpscloud - we're going to get there!!
    Over futile odds
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business