Lose 100 lbs in 2015

Options

Comments

• jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    -4lbs today, very happy but surprised it was that much after such a big gain last week. Never mind, I'll take it!
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    Well done jps, brilliant weight loss.

I am trying out MyFitnessPal to see if I get more motivated by calorie counting than I currently feel about WW. Always one to be drawn to the new and shiny I am fairly seduced so far! It has a much better range of foods and the amount of calories in fruit is a bit eye watering. I might just give it a whirl for the rest of this month.
  • Hailey21
    Options
    Good luck friend.
    Do exercise daily.
    You will loose your weight soon.
    I loose my 5lbs by regular exercise.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2015 at 8:26AM
    Options
    :j It was only a few weeks ago that I couldn't do up 2 of my belts at all and could only do up the other one on the biggest notch.

But...I've just tried on those belts and I can do them all up:j.

So - I've made up a bag of My Size clothing (ie my "proper size") and will try it on at intervals. I can get into a size 14 swimsuit and breathe (that swimsuit is so old that it will be 1970s sizing - therefore size 10 label on it if I bought it these days). Last time I tried on that swimsuit I could only just about cram into it and it was not a pretty picture with bulges everywhere (through it/over it). Its clear its too small for me and I wouldn't buy that size at the moment - but I'm not "bulging" nearly so much in it.

...and the best bit is that I've not had to go on a diet as such:D. So I guess I just follow that doctors phrase of "Whatever you are doing - keep doing it" and that will hopefully be enough without having to follow a specific diet.

Differences recently:

- I've added in an extra exercise class each week and its rather an energetic one (so that's 2 classes a week now)

- I'm getting in a bit more walking (though not as much as I'm planning on yet...with other stuff going on in my life still at present)

- Cut back the booze - a lot. I'm definitely not a heavy drinker - but I've cut it back to virtually nil (last week was just one bottle of craft beer and I think the week before was just a bottle of champagne).

- Started re-taking kelp tablet each day

- Started taking cod liver oil (oh...whoops....just realised it has beef gelatine for the capsules its in). Does anyone else know of a really high-quality cod liver oil without those beef gelatine capsules?

But, if I'm hungry I will have something to eat and I deliberately avoid low-fat food (so hunger pangs might well mean me eating a matchbox size piece of full-fat Cheddar cheese or having a small glass of full-fat milk).

If I want something sweet I will have it - be it a small handful of sultanas or something sweet I've made (with something other than sugar as sweetening for it). I just remember sweet things are supposed to be treats and not several times daily.

Basically, I would rather veer towards the Weston A. Price way of eating - but I don't eat meat (so no bone broths for me) and I cant find raw milk to buy anywhere (currently still illegal here?).
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Well done money etc - we all search for the ways that suit us best.

OK for the rest of the month I am having a rest from WW and trying calories counting through My Fitness Pal. I have also decided to up my walking rate whilst the mornings are cool and everythnig looks so beautiful. I have been walking between 9-10,000 steps during the week but only 5-6k at the week-end. I am going to do 12k in the week and 10k at the week-end. I have been stumbling quite a lot recently, in dieting not walking and I think I need a re-set to the way I am acting.

My calorie allowance is 1650 and the intake can be balanced accross 7 days. Steps are also counted as calories so I can see what I am walking off.

Swerved through Marks yesterday and bought a new swimming costume, for the beach in France but more importantly to start swimming soon.

Day 151, 1648 cals
    Day 152, 2222 (corporate breakfast and dinner on the same day!) I walked 14,000 steps in the hope that would balance it out a bit.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 153, 1554 calories I will do a proper update tomorrow.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    It is an absolutely glorious morning co-inciding with working at home. I have put my work table under the shade in the garden and I plan to be out there for most of the day -if I actually do the work therwise I will have to come inside.

I am on day 4 of the My 'Fitness Pal, it has helped me to re-focus and it is showing me how many calories I was eating on WW too many really. WW has got me into eating properly and more healthily but MFP is making me much more aware of nutrition and sensible portions. I really don't mind calorie counting and I have already been weighing and recording everything for WW so it is easy to carry on. I will be interested to see how much I have lost on Monday.

The extra walking is going well (only 4th day!) I do love these early summer days.
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    Well done tootallulah.

I've been super focused this week, I think I will see a large loss this week after the 2lbs last. I have stuck to m 2 low/2 high days and have been thinking more before making food choices to see if I can make improvements.

I have my WI tomorrow & will see how I've done.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Fingers crossed Quidsy.

Day 154, 1602 clories. I was definitely taking in too many calories on WW, I eat a lot of fruit and the calories in that are a bit eye watering. Oh well it is good to try something new let's see if it works when I weigh in.
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    7lb loss naked at home at 6 am this morning, 5lb loss at weigh in 2hrs later. I'll log it as 5lbs. Yay.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport