Santa's Challenge 2015 - Xmas, Birthdays, a chat, a bit of everything

Options

Comments

• susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi mum21 , glad you had a great time.

How's everyone doing? Hope your not all eating too many eggs.

DS off to Amsterdam today, you'd think he'd never been before. (He been 5 times) but there's something like a 1000 students going. Glad I'm not going there.

Weekend s quiet for us. While DS away his rooms going to be decorated. And mirror wardrobes fitted.

Have to sort out another kitchen too for DDs house. Work never ending but I'm the planner not the labourer so it's not so bad
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

I went on a ludicrously long walk in the week so was suffering with my feet and planned a very relaxing weekend, the cupboards were bare so yesterday I was going to only buy a few things then get more later in the week as DS2 is arriving Thursday.

However............I got a call Saturday afternoon from DS1 saying he's coming down with his gf for the weekend so it was action stations.

Mum2one, you are always lucky with vouchers and discount codes - where did you get the one for the Blackpool hotel?

Susan, how are you doing with your crafts and cardmaking?

Mrs M - thanks for telling me about the film and your bargains.

I was thinking of the latest challenge re birthday cards when I chanced on that tv show Room 101 the other week.

A young woman I didn't recognise wanted to get rid of all greeting cards with sentiments written in them and only wanted cards to be blank.
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes Mum2one - I hope you had a smashing day

WPSDTMv.gif
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone, hope you've all had a good day

Belated birthday good wishes for mum2one from me as well
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good Easter, quiet here Miss Hoodie is making the most of the good weather been out with friends and in and out never sure whether we have a plus 1 for tea....

Angela - I got the voucher via Wowcher, paid £59 for 3 ngts b+b, ensuite, when we up there it was look at all leaflets to get discount - Ripleys we got entry for £9 for the 2 of us. In a way Miss H was a bit disappointed - shes more use to 4* all in hotels, rather than the family b+b... shes slowly getting converted.

Springdreams - thank you for the flowers... weird thing is they look exactly like some flowers my friend sent me!!

xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Some good news ... not financially but still good.

I have got the all clear from the hospital, I had to have a mammagram and ultrasound, - as the infection they cut out had been so deep routed, they didnt know what they were going to find.

Really good as I got the results with 15 mins of them being done xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Mum2one that is brilliant news so pleased for you.
    My happy news is that I am now nana to the most adorable little baby boy who arrived a couple of weeks ago. I really can't believe how they wrap their little fingers so tightly around your heart the Second you gaze into their inkpool eyes. I am Totally smitten.

Needless to say not much apart from knitting has been achieved here, oh that and raining DD2 for updates or getting cuddles when I see them.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Slight delay - sorry-

Santas Challenge April

suntan lotion
    This feels daft now, with the weather we're due to have, but shops are starting with their suntan lotion and bargains can be had, even if your planning an afternoon of gardening or a trip out, if the weather warmed again, take care.

Xmas Planning
    check the list see how many presents you need how is the budget going

Christmas Cake
    I know its early, but come September the "value/shop brands" tend to fly out of the window, so check what recipie your doing and plan the items, this way you can build up the fruit, peel etc so its ready for when you want it.

[B]Birthday List[/B]
    If your doing a 3 mth/4th circle - check what you have coming up for the next batch.

Miss Hoodies Corner
    Heres hoping the weather does turn itself around, so nows the time to spruce/spring clean the shed / garden furniture. also check everything is working/not broken and ready then for use.

Online surveys etc
    Now we've got going with our surveys, time to dip your toe into a new one, give it a month if it works great, if no, then at least we've tried.

Carboots
    Now its carboot season, there popping up everywhere, each area has it good and bad carboots, it changes season by season. Bite the bullet either as a seller or a buyer.
    I find schools are a good bet, as they get support from parents (both seller and buyer).

Free Corner
    Break out of the comfort zone, (not suggesting a marathon)... its reading, I'm sure theres a stack of books just waiting to be read, - take a chance, pick a book that isn't your normal reading style, whether you change fiction to non fiction, chic lit to horror... give it a chance.

A little mix and match to keep us going xxx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Thanks. For the challenges,
    I bought our sun cream at the weekend - so blame me for the forecast decline in the weather!
    Need to get two cards written and posted today! I missed a Saturday birthday and another is today, is it bad if I blame the postman if they comment on late arrival of cards.:o;)
    Have just finished knitting a scarf and hat set, that is destined for the gift stash
    I think as part of the recorder I will try and do something crocheted, I have mastered basic granny squares and did a ruffle scarf but tend to shy away from anything more complex than that.
    We go to the car boots regularly during the season and pick up some great bargains but DD3 is thinking of doing one so I'm going to sort some stuff out for her to take, and tell her she can keep what she makes. It would go to the Cs otherwise.
    Our garden isn't too bad as we've just done the shed and put out the summer stuff (Dh is currently toying with how to fix up the new parasol Dd1 got us for Christmas so I think I will adopt mils garden and say I'll do the miss hoodie challenge there. Her garden lacks any tlc since fail passed away she isn't a gardener so we mow weed and prune put over the years it's looking tired and needs work. The school she backs on to has cut all the hedging back the side leaving her garden fully visible across their fields so we only suggested to her at the weekend it might be wise to have a fence put up along with the school chain link to give her back her privacy, to do this I will need to cut back years worth of overgrown shrubs along the back, she's said she hates the frame the clematis climbs up so that needs to go and the slabs are all uneven so need relaying. Should keep me busy this month I would think;)
    SPC~12 ot 124

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm so glad mum2one that your health problems are improving, it must have been such a nasty infection to say the least!!

I started sorting few weeks ago and there will be a big re-shuffle next week as DS1 is coming down at the weekend with loads of stuff as he's given up his house (hoping he'll have sold the furniture etc ) because ex is collecting him by car for anything else that's left - and room will have to be found at my house for the rest until he finds another house or he still may go and live abroad.

DS2 is here now and so it will be chaos this weekend.

So whether I want to or not, there will be some decluttering done in the garage for Miss Hoodie's challenge.

Mrs M - congratulations on the new addition to the family. Hope you enjoy your crocheting and well done on finishing your knitting project.

I bought a Father's Day card this week. There was a time I used to make most of my cards, maybe one day when the DS1 stuff is sorted I can begin again. I would love to take over his room as an art/craft/office but can't see that happening for a long time.

How are the rest of you keeping - the absent ones from the 2014 thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure