We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Santa's Challenge 2015 - Xmas, Birthdays, a chat, a bit of everything

Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Angela - Hope your feeling better, been worried about you.

Mrs M - You do some lovely crafts, the school is really lucky to have you.

All ok here, just been very busy doing my homework, history (thank you google) and maths - Miss Hoodie remembered that they had to be in for 2mor, my fault she didnt do them at Sat as I took her shopping....

Shopping - We went 12miles to a shopping centre, started with Breakfast at Mcd, and finished with steak and chips in the local pub (2 for £10), and Miss Hoodie is now kitted out for her holidays and the summer.... £146 in Primark - it was a lot of different items, but then she hates shopping/trying on clothes so we tend to do one summer and one winter shop then odds and sods as we go along.

Me I had 5 pairs of socks....

I'm currently finishing a latch hook of a springer spaniel, just have the coloured bit of the body to do, and am knitting reindeer jumpers, the odd bits of wool left been making some stockings,

I may be mad - but I've a great idea, I want to make some curtains for my bedroom, and Miss Hoodies - campervans design... I've brought 4 metres of material £23 (seemed quite a good buy), that be a lot later in the yr. Got to learn to use a sewing machine yet....

On tidy up mode, Miss Hoodie has done an amazing job on her bedroom, I've done about 75% of mine, just 2 bookcases to gut/sort and put my stereo up.

Today I gutted the airing cupboard, I don't need any new quilt covers I have 5 new ones, Miss Hoodie has 3, some stuff got chucked, others clothes bin, and a bag for selling.

The next tidy up is by back door, that became a dumping ground for everything, but its a little at a time. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

I've just read the latest posts but as I'm late for the art and craft club already, I'd best get ready and go.

Hope you all have a good day.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone ok, plodding along here, been wrapping up little items for lucky dip, using christmas paper that I recycled, had Xmas dvd, bottle of wine and my feet up. thou after 300 little packages - it was mind numbing.....

Being super orgainised just done online shopping for this week, and next week in process, going back to Mr T, they sent me a £12 off £60 spend....

xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    An early Santas Challenge....

Christmas Planning
    Were half way through the year, where has the time gone, hopefully we're all on the home straight...

This month, I would suggest having a check of what you have, where it is, what u need, and plan the rest of the budgets - to see what you need and some ideas of what you can get.

Bargain Buy
    Its a spend but a very low spend, if you want silver jewellery, look at eBay, I have picked up a good selection of 925 stamped silver items, for Miss Hoodie to give to her friends/teacher and a few bits for us... Prices I ahve paid between 11p and £1.50 my buys have ranged from earrings, rings, upto a 20in chain.
    There all from China but are stamped 925.

Birthday
    Have a check whether you need any items

Fathers Day
    We have fathers day 21st June

Miss Hoodies cleaning corner
    For this month you can have a rest, put ur feet up with a bottle of wine, a dvd, or a good book

Sorry its a little one, Miss Hoodie and I are escaping to the sun for 2 weeks, so we couldn't be that mean and suggest the Oven or the freezer xxxx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely time and I hope the sun is wherever you are. knitting d
    Converse bootees for a neighbour this week. She's made a couple of lovely cards for me and a bartering system seems so much more civilised than cash.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Love the sound of the booties and the skill swop, were in Tunisia its lovely and warm thou shattered athe no had a 6am flight so no sleep last ngt, thou miss hoodie and me had a power nap earlier xx
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 May 2015 at 7:02PM
    Options
    I don't much like BHs now that I am retired. Just me and my husband, passing the time as everyone seems to be doing something. Kept myself busy going out to shops/making lunch and a dahl for dinner. Spent a couple of hours making a pink, blue and white (hedging my bets) baby blanket for baby granddaughter due before Christmas. Getting to the end of that now and not experienced enough to tackle baby outfits in either crochet or knitting, though I do try.

Anyway, to stop myself feeling too down (I know, I am silly, but...), I am thinking ahead to Christmas. It keeps me going. I bought 9 little mini cast iron individual casseroles, 3 cream, 3 red and three black. I need to think what I can use them for, probably starters on the day. I want to make matching
    (Christmas colours) individual cutlery holders (maybe to combine, somehow with a table gift, e.g. to hold a lottery ticket or something). I am better at sewing than knitting so searching for simple ideas so that I can buy the materials I need and get on with it.

Hope you are all enjoying your BH. I know I used to, when I was working. Got an interview with local authority volunteers centre on Wednesday, see if I can channel my skills in the direction of people who need some help.

P.S. Just editing this as, when I read through it, I realised that I wrote "baby granddaughter" when I have no clue of whether it will be a boy or a girl, lol.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Brought nanny hoodie a ring for her bday (70) really dainty (unlike her)18ct gold little band has a emerald then shaped with a diamond as the leaf - £50 nice surprise -99% sure fit as she tried one if mine on
    Miss hoodie has been told what a charming polite young lady she is, as she speaks Arabic to say help, how are u etc, had 6 members of staff say how lovely she is,my heartwas pounding...

Better go, an early night -its alltbe exercise getting - 3 meals and snacks xxxx
  • killielila
    killielila Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi guys better late than never im in !! xx
    finances disaster but baby-stepping back to security:

2024 let's do this !!
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Was it a plane, was it a bird, no it was Miss Hoodie - she went paraglide ride - she absolutely loved it, one of the ents team was going to go up with her, when we got there the bloke who runs it said he would take her up - she said it was amazing - worked out at £23 very mse - said she can go again next time.

This last 2 weeks have own by, I have an amazing young lady, and it's done her the world of good - dreading Sunday morning - have to be in reception at 6am xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family