We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Santa's Challenge 2015 - Xmas, Birthdays, a chat, a bit of everything

Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone is ok and had a good bank hol, touch wood we had clear days, just went up North Wales coast, a bit (felt like a lot from the sound of the caravan roof), it was a nice break.

Thou Miss Hoodie had a bad fall, pushing a trolley when the wheel jammed and over he went, the noise I thought it was mum that had fallen, back to a+e, when we came home, and shes damaged her knee and has to rest,.....

xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Aww hope miss hoodie is ok now.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    We've had Miss Hoodie off for the week, shes still bit sore and bruised, a lot better now, she off swimming tomorrow, that will her good.

been productive today, I've started the begging letters for prizes for the school summer fayre (we stayed on the pta of the last school), so delievered 26 letters today, and already had 1 prize, then got 8 to post, get them off at weekend.

Not sure there last till Xmas, - brought a jar of mincemeat today, so mince pies over the weekend.

Trying to get DD to do her room, then mine needs finishing, trying to get some stuff ready for carboot, (hold off till Mid June - when its warmer)....

Hope everyone ok xxx
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Greetings from me to everyone.
    Only just logged onto the site today as off with hounds to Ireland later today.
    Got home from a lovely cruise to the Adriatic last Friday (I also managed to come home with the cold- thanks to the aircon!) Great ports, oodles of wonderful food, sightings of many dolphins and best of all loads and loads of dancing (ballroom, latin & sequence) until 1pm nearly every night for more than 3 weeks. Did wonders for me mentally- arthritic knees not so happy!
    Speak to you in June!!
    Glad to hear about the all clear Mum2one

Take care all
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:37 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=178 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Skintandscared
    Options
    Made a (very early!!lol) start on Xmas shopping ONLY because I saw the most bargainous Minnie Mouse toy gift sets, reduced from £6.00 to £1.23, in Tesco - So I bought 3 - 1 for my Niece for Xmas, and two for birthday presents for children in my daughter's class.
    I am determined to spend well under £5 per Niece and Nephew in our families, and make lovely gifts for our parents, with the possibility of a £10 budget per parent (they do so much for us throughout the year!).

Christmas is going to be very strict on budget, and I would like to see January with NO DEBT and some savings! :T

Good luck guys xx
    CC #1 = £0/£200.
    OVERDRAFT = £0/£400.
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE = £4/£200.
  • Skintandscared
    Options
    Wow, just made another dent!

Amazon are selling "The Dinosaur who pooped a planet" and "The Singing Mermaid" box sets for £2, so I bought three for different nephews, one for my baby niece, and one as a gift for birthdays in my youngest's class in school.

Free supersaver delivery, and well within the budget for Xmas presents, all came to £10 :T
    CC #1 = £0/£200.
    OVERDRAFT = £0/£400.
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE = £4/£200.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Thank you so much for mentioning those books S&S, I've just ordered them for my DD2s partners children and got another for a christingle pressie.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Dont know if anyone needs Xmas wrapping paper - I've done a Halfcost order - free p+p if you spend over £5.

My best bargain 3 rolls of 2 metre wrap - 29p.

I've had a box full of wrapping paper for less than £5. (thou a quilt cover slipped in the order - had to spend over £5.... and go for Miss Hoodie for her bday present),

We did ok today, had Grandad Hoodie back in oncology - theyve given him the 6 mths of tablets, his bloods were all ok, and he's put some more weight on!!

He goes around Aug time for scan, and camera jobbie... xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Poor grandad hoodie with the camera thingie - at least this hospital visit went ok.

How are you mum2one? Apart from being a wrapping paper hoarder - I will still never forget about all those cards you had in the loft lol - could have opened up a shop!

Katiehound, glad you are enjoying your cruises, you must have a lot of energy for so much dancing.

Hi Skintandscared, you're doing really well with your shopping.

I've had a chaotic time with both boys then a massive declutter from DS1 - very stressful as instead of charity shop he was getting rid of everything at tip - I managed to save a few things - including his uncles' cricket stuff and bat,

Had dad driving to the tip (nearly aged 90) and during one of their sessions, DS left the front door wide open so I wasn't pleased and I had no idea as I was ill in bed.

Yes, was ill for past 2 weeks and finally better yesterday so went up shops and to see friends, and blooming headache again today so unlikely to do gardening - so arranged to go out to lunch instead.

Got DS2 down again next week so no time for catching up with chores etc.

How is everything for you all?

Mrs M - what's your latest crafts?
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Angela, you know me so well, I've always got something on the go. Current one has been knitting and crocheted props for a fake tree at school. I made a pair of bluebirds, a nest and a load of blossom I took them to school on Thursday and trimmed it all up. It brightened up a corridor.
    I've also been knitting for new DGs so slowly getting through my wool stash.
    What is everyone else working on at the mo?

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC~12 ot 124

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport