We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Santa's Challenge 2015 - Xmas, Birthdays, a chat, a bit of everything

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear that you've had a great time and that Miss Hoodie has been complimented as that is a great self esteem boost. Hope you have a good journey home.

Had dreadful weather in Ireland- more like March than May and the BH- which was June 1st had yellow and orange weather warnings (and cancelled ferries)- JUNE-I ask you! Now home and can't believe how warm and sunny it is. It was so sunny I couldn't get back to sleep despite blackout lining!!
    Had some great bargains in Mr T (in Ireland) selling off fleece gloves - stocking fillers and shoe box items @ 40 pence per pair. Some delightful ladies socks @ 50 pence a pair- there was a glitch on the till so not only were the socks reduced but you got 3 for 2! More stocking fillers and birthday items. Large black acrylic stoles - were £8 for £1.50
    I was also a very tidy shopper- accrued E5 of price match receipts and E5.50 with fuel off coupons.
    Probably my best buy - for me-was from New Look. Full length black sleeveless dress with grey over bodice- needs adjusting and embellishing.. For E5!- £3.75
    Knees were playing up after all the cruise dancing (oh but it was fun- spiritually uplifting!) followed by the 450 mile drive...went swimming at the leisure centre, often with the pool shared by myself and one other- months membership around £23 and I had 18 swims.
    Now lost just over a stone... thrilled with that... since late january. I'm finding the 5:2 diet works for me except I usually do 3:4

On the cruise I saved my energy for the dancing so didn't do a lot of walking ashore. Have to make the best use of all those dance hosts!!!

Hope everyone is well and bargain hunting!!!

Next w/e off to Surrey (Yes, yet more driving) for a school reunion.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:37 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=178 £88.25 spent!!!
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wish I had found this thread in January. Think I'm a bit too late to join now. :(
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Oh please join us, it's never too late, by Christmas Eve we are planning for the next years so really you are never too late and the more the merrier!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • queenb1981
    queenb1981 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's me again I'm back and intend to stay if no one minds ��
    Hope everyone is doing ok xxx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    QueenB of course no one minds, as I said in my above post to ladymorticia the more the merrier. We all enjoy bouncing ideas off each other and letting others know where we've found bargains.
    Mum2one does us a monthly challenge to help us keep on track and add a bit of fun to the planning and and helps us stay organised and motivated.
    Just jump in and post
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh please join us, it's never too late, by Christmas Eve we are planning for the next years so really you are never too late and the more the merrier!

Thank you. :D
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    A big hi to friends new and old.... Xxxx

Were back safe and sound miss hoodie has been distapched to school safely, me I'm on catch up mode, usual fun of bills etc

The next plan is eBay , got 15 items to go. Xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are home safe and sound.

Had to laugh at the "distapched"- suspect the fingers were going slower than the brain. It reminds me of a friend who told me last week that a certain dress needed to be worn with a "braless strap!".....we were in stitches over that.
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:37 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=178 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Stockingfillers?
    Just been in Wilkinsons- all their reusable shopping bags are half price. There are neat nylon fold-ups @ 47 pence, Smallish plastic with gusset @35pence and large bags with dog images @ 65 pence. The small -ish gusseted bag has a flower design and would be fine as a gift bag.
    Many thanks

• susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Sorry it's been so long but with the house refurbishment and the OH wanting holidays I don't know where I am. Just as well I fell out with crafting. The break has done me good.

Bad news is OH got me running around for the next refurb and is looking for holidays . His work is really slow at the moment. (Think he's done two jobs this year so he's looking for things to do.

DS has finished uni. (Awaiting results) where has the 4 years gone?
    Sadly jobs are few and far between. He works 32 hours in sainsburys but he wants something more. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

So for us lot on the forum it's time I think to look forward to Xmas , I'm going to do little bit ready . 19 Friday's to go.

So I thought as I do things I will photo and share with you. Is that ok?

I vowed the beginning of the year is take photos of things I've bought and then I wouldn't forget. As writing things down I forget what they are. That went out the window...

Have you got any shares or bargains you can share with us?

I know you Mrs money penny , you always got something on the go.

And katiehound you drop in with bargains. Which is fab. I been collecting those recyclable bags from the pound shop you can usually find the odd one knocking about. Never thought to collect some from wilko. I'll definitely check out your suggestion as paper gift bags are so expensive

Angela what you upto?

Welcome lady morticia

And welcome back queen bee.

Mum to one - glad you had a fab time in Tunisia, and it's lovely to see DD growing up into a young lady. We all like to hear how she's getting on.
    Well off to give eBay a bashing to see what bargains are to be had. I will catch up with you lASAP and get my camera at the ready :-)
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport