Santa's Challenge 2015 - Xmas, Birthdays, a chat, a bit of everything

Options

Comments

• BirdSeed
    BirdSeed Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just dropping by to say hi.
    Not much to tell you other than I bought some lovely christmas decorations reduced from £9 to 50p.

For the £5 gift challenge, there's an online jewellery store its called jewellery store or jewellerybank ( I will research and get back to you) which does daily offers. I got some earrings for free except the postage. Other ideas I had were a compact mirror or lip gloss. I'll keep my eyes and ears out for fun bargains. Are the presents for.adults or children or both? I might have missed that bit, sorry!
    Hope you're all well. Happy Valentine's day!!

A vision without a plan is just a dream.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I love the ideas of the £5 gifts, there are some fab ideas there, I'm terrible where ever I go always have a look for goodies, you never know when you need them.

I must complain to Royal Mail, i had no cards - I'm hoping there was too many to post so there going to send a van... ok I can dream,,,

I must be a gluten for punishment, just ordered a spaniel latch hook kit, so that will go to mum as part of he bday.

Half term beckons, here, Miss Hoodie been into town today with her friend, then nxt week, only got 1 hospital app for dad, so plan is take her and friend bowling, and anothe day going out to a indoor swimming centres, - both be mse as bowling be a special and the swimming bogof.... thou to go as a spectator, I have to pay £12... but I get £6 efunded when I leave if I havent been in pool....

xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    -There are some great ideas of cheapie things on the "Lucky Dip" thread below.
    Don't have a Poundland near me sadly, but do have a Poundstretcher (not as cheap!)

Another damp, dull day so off to sew Doggy Duvets as more duvets arriving tomorrow (diverted from landfill.) £160 donated to Dogs for the Disabled charity from their sales just a few days ago. I am going to have to pluck up courage and try for a new outlet next month: trouble is most pet shops sell beds already so I doubt they will want to sell mine on a not-for-profit basis!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone ok, half term holidays, miss hoodie having her lie ins bless her, been out to our fav icecream farm, plans are take her and her friend bowling then another day head out to waterworld, got Bogof voucher so all helps out, thou for me to go as a spectator I have to pay £12 but I do get £8 Refunded y not just charge me £4 in first place....

But up and down here, I'm on one of my medical mystery journeys, i have blocked milk glands in my one bouncer, if I was pregnant or feeding that would be completely expected - but it's a big fat no to both, - stuck on week antibiotics then review - tying to sleep having to put a cushion under the boob.... Sporting a lump 2cm raised by about 15cm square --- all fun & games can't let grandad hoodie be the only one needing medical care!

He's been to see the oncologist today and touch wood everything still going ok, about to start chemo no 7 next week, then one more round to go- then everything be madness with scans, surgeon, etc a rocky road but hopefully get somewhere.

Bless her heart Miss Hoodie is making him some cookies as he goes to the hospice once a week for a getogether and give him a break, doing a batch so they can have with afternoon tea xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Sains have rtc'end all their valentines gifts, I got a lovely teddy for DD2s baby down from£6 to £1.50, really cute, also got some mugs and little heart and star shaped medallions

Finished the blanket I've knitted for the baby, and am working on a cross stitch for a retirement pres now.

Hope all are well and enjoying half term.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Hi Mum 2 one, hope you are feeling better and the problem is being sorted, reducing... whatever.
    If you had been local to me you might have been the recipient of a bunch of happiness yesterday! When I went into Morrisons they had a whole load of flowers reduced- I must have arrived soon after the pricing gun had been to work! Out I came with an armful of bunches- some for me and more for friends and neighbours. I even got a hug from one as I handed over the very pretty chrysanthemums- all were modestly priced @ 19 pence per bunch! Bargain of the day.
    (My dogs were even able to give a friend a bunch of tulips from each of them!! Clever dogs, eh??!!) I'm told the tulips look lovely today(38 pence well spent)
    My gas and electricity supplier changed today. More cash in my pocket!
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Wow Katiehound there sound some amazing bargains. Sounds absolutely mad but it works add a spot of bleach to the vase keeps the flowers looking like new.

You all know me by now I don't do things by half....

This lovely absess - burst on Tuesday ngt so off to a&e - they arranged for me to go in for the absess to be cleaned and sorted.

Arrived 8am wed morning, was told arrive at 8, should be home for 3pm - local anithestic if only....

It took 20 attempts to get a Iv needle in, was then told after being different clinics get all checked through - you need a operation - your go down about 3pm - 2am yesterday morning went down then I got told off for starving myself since 630am wed morning... Diabetic so not meant to be that long....

They got it cleaned, now packed with gauze and a gaping hole thou it is covered by dressing, finally got home last ngt 6pm the amount of false starts I had to leaving - I only got out then as my veins had closed up and refused anymore drip infusions so now another week of antibiotics....

It sounds daft but it's frightening how a simple absess goes manky and causes such a panic even thou I had been on antibiotic and not ignored it.

Off to the 1st of many clinic appointments today - then it be back up again over weekend for redressing they think I could have 3mths of back and forth... Xx
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Oh dear, sounds like a real shaggy ... abcess story. No fun there, no doubt painful and what a drag....as well as having to go to and fro getting the thing sorted for some weeks. Any idea how the whole thing started ? or is that another medical mystery?
    Don't forget to eat plenty of live yoghurt to conteract the wipe out of good bacteria by the antibiotics.
    Hope you are better very soon.
    Many thanks

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for the updates.

I managed to remember the mum and dad's anniversary and the only other card I want to send before the next batch of birthdays begin in May is a note to someone I still write to after about 15 years or so, a writing tutor who is now going through a very hard time.

I'm feeling really stressed at the moment due to a strange mix up about the therapy centre the doctor directed me to back in December when I was in a state. Instead of calling them I decided to find their website and use the form contact option and I got a reply asking me for contact details saying they would give me a telephone assessment.

I was expecting an email reply to tell me potential dates but nothing happened. During my last doctor visit I mentioned it and he said there is a waiting list.

Last week I kept finding missed calls and wondered if it was the latest flame (the one I need therapy about) who went awol totally uncharactaristally as usually hear from them non stop. It was an unknown number. I turned the volume up on the phone and caught the next call - it was a nurse and i immediately thought the LF had done something. But it was the therapy centre doing the telephone assessment there and then.

I said it was inconvenient as I was shopping and it started raining but they insisted. I couldn't remember my problems on the spur of the moment and it was all a mess. Now they are calling me tomorrow just when I'm going to hospital even though I said it wasn't suitable especially as LF is having to go with me because of my phobia and may be with me when I get the call.

And after all that I was told my doctors office may not be covered by the service. I really wish I never bothered because the phone call has stressed me out far more than I felt before.

The nurse said she never read my email and they don't send texts so if the call comes when I'm on the way home I will be in problems as I don't want to be talking about private matters in public. Especially with the person I'm going with.

I've also been trying to deal with a financial matter - savings account was frozen because of inactivity for years and there has been such a palaver to try and get it reactivated as I've got money in it - you know what it's like with those kinds of calls when you can't get through.,

I tried yesterday and they had totally different automated options to the previous ones so couldn't get past the first stage.

Yes, Mum2one, it seems impossible for anything to be straightforwards these days, poor you with the hospital fiasco's, glad you are home safe now (hopefully nothing else happened this weekend)
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi again

Katiehound you were really lucky with all those lovely flowers and I bet the recipients got a welcome surprise. That's an interesting idea with the £5 challenge and hope you find somewhere else to sell your doggy duvets.

Mrs MP - what cross stitch design is it?

Miss Hoodie is lovely making those biscuits for the hospice, does Grandad feel ok going to there as some people may be reluctant?

Susan, it must be stressful to have the building work around you all he time, hope you can relax with some crafts.

Hi birdseed, I enjoyed reading all about your special occasions plans in your first post, welcome to the group

Hope you enjoyed your Valentine's night Mrs M and everyone else.

Mum2one, those questions about Valentine's day you gave us - just once I'd like to try one of those OTT type of burgers or sandwiches they show on Food Network so it would be interesting to have the tv presenter with the blond hair (forgot his name) to cook for me.

I would have to get DS2 here as well to share it with me as I'd probably only manage a few bites. And it will also be nice if his brother was home too. It's rare for the two of them to see each other, only once a year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure