We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boyfriend disclosed he visited a prostitute in India one year before we got together

Options

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Confused5 wrote: »
    What the hell??? That's an incredibly snide remark.

It is and it isn't , perhaps a lot of blokes pay for it , all be it indirectly.
    Anyways, I'm not sure on your issue, when my Bro worked in India, he had 3 tailor made suits which were a snip of the prices here, a lot of high end products were made in India or by children missing schooling.
  • TBeckett100
    Options
    Clearly your boyfriend has no shame.

"Thanks love, have you got change for ten rupees"

I would suspect a man who has visited a prostitute will probably buy again if you have a headache coming on. I would get to the clinic, not only have you slept with your boyfriend but for the price of a tube of Pringles, you have inadvertently slept with hundreds if not thousands.

Merry Christmas!
  • Confused5
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    It is and it isn't , perhaps a lot of blokes pay for it , all be it indirectly.
    Anyways, I'm not sure on your issue, when my Bro worked in India, he had 3 tailor made suits which were a snip of the prices here, a lot of high end products were made in India or by children missing schooling.

Are you seriously reducing a relationship to sex? Not sure what to say about your brother's choices.
  • suicidebob
    Options
    Most men would sleep with prostitutes on a regular basis if they were more readily available and charged £1.
  • Confused5
    Options
    Clearly your boyfriend has no shame.

"Thanks love, have you got change for ten rupees"

I would suspect a man who has visited a prostitute will probably buy again if you have a headache coming on. I would get to the clinic, not only have you slept with your boyfriend but for the price of a tube of Pringles, you have inadvertently slept with hundreds if not thousands.

Merry Christmas!

Again, really unkind.
  • DannyBo
    DannyBo Posts: 5,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    suicidebob wrote: »
    Why not just ask him for £1.50 every time he has sex with you?

That way you punish him for his misdemeanour, and you build up a savings fund for a new frock
    Your partner obviously thought £1 was a good price, but you could maybe negotiate him up a bit more given the cost of living over here.

Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha :beer:
    Turn your car around.
  • TBeckett100
    Options
    Another way to look at it, it's actually very moneysaving

Instead of buying flowers and spending money wining and dining, for the price of a Sunday newspaper he got to 'z' whilst bypassing a-y
  • Confused5
    Options
    Most men would sleep with prostitutes on a regular basis if they were more readily available and charged £1.

You mean if women didn't mind being bought and sold as objects.
  • TBeckett100
    Options

Only men who have little respect for themselves as to engage the services of a public ride.

Mind you, imagine how busy pound land would get!
  • suicidebob
    Options
    Confused5 wrote: »
    You mean if women didn't mind being bought and sold as objects.

They don't mind, as long as they get a good deal.

The women in my work aren't shy about what they're looking for, and they'll gladly give up a bit of dignity for a man with money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport