We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boyfriend disclosed he visited a prostitute in India one year before we got together

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• geerex
    geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    All men pay for sex in one way or an other. Don't think that you're any better just because the arrangement is implied rather than explicit
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    Let's change that to all people pay for sex one way or another and I will go along with that.

Must say though that I'd rather no-one paid their lives for it without having a choice but that is something altogether different - sex with no choice is no choice at all. Sometimes the PC bit needs adding in!
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perhaps he gave her a big tip?
  • Gigglepig
    Gigglepig Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    geerex wrote: »
    All men pay for sex in one way or an other. Don't think that you're any better just because the arrangement is implied rather than explicit

Souns pretty sexist to me. Lots of women in my circle of friends are equal partners also financially, if not the breadwinner in their relationship. And in some couples I know the woman is more interested in sex than the man.

I don't think people are better, but I think some acts are better than other. It seems a morally better act to be a loving husband in an equal relationship, than to hand over cash to a junkie or victim of trafficing.
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    So not being exploited then?

Sorry was that to me? I missed it so apologies if it was to me. Were the girls I met exploited? Some but not all. The young girls with drug problems were often exploited and for many it was the exploiter who got them onto drugs. A couple of them were well organised, had a plan, paid their taxes and got out while they were still young. For some it was a matter of dealing with a crisis, husband out of work and debt problems, suddenly a single parent and money worries. Various reasons. I think things have got worse with foreign girls being trafficked in.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills