Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• neilsedaka
    neilsedaka Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 January 2015 at 7:03PM
    Options
    In March 2013 we stayed three nights at the Super 8 motel, 1213 Las Vegas Blvd which is on the Deuce and STR bus route to the north of the strip. The cost for a decent sized queen room was $39.72 per night including free parking and free wifi. We thought it was good for a very cheap first time look see around Las Vegas. Used the bus to get to the strip and Fremont Street. Recommended.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    bairn7 wrote: »
    the flights seem to be around £550-£600 right up until 22 June then they jump to £900 for the whole of July before returning to around £550-£600 mid-August. Is this 6 week period just a super expensive time?

We don't normally do the Vegas thing in the summer but we do regularly visit family in the US and for the reason noted we will normally go in June or wait until UK schools are back in session as the fares are just so much more expensive once you cross a certain date late June, presumably due to school holidays...my poor niece has an early July birthday and will probably soon start asking why we always come around my nephew's birthday in June and never hers...we planned to go for hers last year and were just aghast at the jump in price, so we went in October. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    Yinster wrote: »
    You sound exactly like me. Been watching the dollar like a hawk for past couple of months. Sounds like we be in Vegas roughly the same time.

I am holding off booking my next trip until after the election as worry about the two Eds getting in power is worrying the market. If they win who knows what will happen. The Greek election is also a factor.
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Have gone through MSE link to the Holiday extras website so getting 10% off any hotels, also they have the 'find it cheaper get it free' thing, have possibly found one offer cheaper so will ring to find out! Love searching the web though so happy to keep nosing! If its doesnt match the offer I have still found it cheaper anyway!

Also there is an Aspire lounge, there is a discount through the MSE link for Holiday Extras of about 15%, for four of us its £64.32, checked whats included and some nice alcoholic beverages are so seems like a bargain price to me!

Feeling so excited, hubby laughs at how much time I spend googling different hotels and offers!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • sew_what
    sew_what Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bairn7 wrote: »
    flights seem to be around £550-£600 right up until 22 June then they jump to £900 for the whole of July before returning to around £550-£600 mid-August. Is this 6 week period just a super expensive time?

Edinburgh school holidays are 27/6 to 17/8 so you're paying the school holiday premium!
    English schools break up later so you might find it cheaper to travel south for your first leg!
  • steventylerswifey
    Options
    Yinster wrote: »
    You sound exactly like me. Been watching the dollar like a hawk for past couple of months. Sounds like we be in Vegas roughly the same time.

Fingers crossed for us it goes back up... I'm hopeful :j

I'm off on Feb 15th for 4 nights, when do you go?
  • Yinster
    Yinster Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    Holiday Haggler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fingers crossed for us it goes back up... I'm hopeful :j

I'm off on Feb 15th for 4 nights, when do you go?

We are there from the 23rd to 27th as part of my birthday. Going to San Francisco first.
    Wins in 2015

Kettle Chips, Cambridge Satchel Bag, Tixs to Sound Of Music UK Tour, Name on a bench, Hotel Chocolat Eggs, Cuddly Dog, Stabilo pens, Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LG G Flex 2 phone, Gramofon, Lunch Meal For Two at La Tasca, Lunch For Two at Handmade Burger Company, £30 Gourmet Burger Kitchen Voucher, Canon Ixus Camera
  • vegaswoohoo
    Options
    Hey guys,
    4 years after my first trip it's time to go back.
    Thinking of flying to LA, doing a day in SD, then road tripping to Vegas for 5 nights culminating in watching the Mr Olympia at the Orleans.
    Woohoo.

Thomas Cook look like the cheapest for flights out of Manchester at the moment. Any other suggestions?
  • sew_what
    sew_what Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Thomas Cook look like the cheapest for flights out of Manchester at the moment. Any other suggestions?

When are you going? We just booked at Thomas Cook (retail) and they found AA via JFK for us was cheaper during the school hols
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    jodles16 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies! Have gone through MSE link to the Holiday extras website so getting 10% off any hotels, also they have the 'find it cheaper get it free' thing, have possibly found one offer cheaper so will ring to find out! Love searching the web though so happy to keep nosing! If its doesnt match the offer I have still found it cheaper anyway!

Also there is an Aspire lounge, there is a discount through the MSE link for Holiday Extras of about 15%, for four of us its £64.32, checked whats included and some nice alcoholic beverages are so seems like a bargain price to me!

Feeling so excited, hubby laughs at how much time I spend googling different hotels and offers!

Jodles :D

Thats the way to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family