🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• vegaswoohoo
    Options
    Booked it.

7 nights at Flamingos with direct flights from Manchester in September £860.

That'll do thanks.
  • serenawell
    Options
    Fingers crossed for us it goes back up... I'm hopeful :j

I'm off on Feb 15th for 4 nights, when do you go?

Snap - Vegas from 15/02 - 20/2 then to L.A till 25/02
  • kroberts
    kroberts Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone booked car hire through Atlas Choice before or used Fox Rental Cars? What are they like and are you likely to get the car you want or do you get their similar choice? Thanks in advance
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    kroberts wrote: »
    Has anyone booked car hire through Atlas Choice before or used Fox Rental Cars? What are they like and are you likely to get the car you want or do you get their similar choice? Thanks in advance

Never booked with either.

why those 2?

no rental company will gtee the actual type of car it will be a coice of whatever they have in that catergory.

have you tried the usual suspects
    Netflights
    Rentalcars

and my new fav
    Alamobrits and then join alamoinsiders, check in online, and walk straighto your car with no queueing whatsover at LAS
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    or used Fox Rental Cars?

Fox aren't at the consolidated facility as far as I know...so the shuttles from the airport don't go there...based on the reviews you have to take two shuttles to get there (I don't know what those shuttles are).

The reviews are not very good.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/fox-rent-a-car-las-vegas-2

https://plus.google.com/100797330210799104476/about?hl=en&gl=uk
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • gracie10
    gracie10 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nvh wrote: »
    lol we're going for July / August :) looking to be in Vegas from 1st - 7th August but maybe a bit before then too :) It was a bit knee-jerk as I'd been looking and had an itinerary reserved as a precaution whilst we thought about it, but then the prices went up so I jumped straight for it :)

We've both got no TP's at the moment (mine reset in Jan), so this will get us both up to Silver by the time we get to LAS, I'll then switch Mrs.NVH over to her AAdvantage which means that the return trip should get her up to the 80k AAmiles she needs so that should get us a nice £90 winter redemption to Florida - fingers crossed :D (and hoping that AA don't devalue their scheme as people seem to think will happen :o )

Will be there 3rd- 8th August to as part of our trip staying at The Venetian.
  • kroberts
    kroberts Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Never booked with either.

why those 2?

Just that they came out cheapest for us but will have a look at alamobrits thanks
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Just that they came out cheapest for us but will have a look at alamobrits thanks

link
    http://www.alamo.co.uk/brits
  • serenawell
    Options
    photome wrote: »

Does anyone know of a hire company that doesn't charge the one way fee ?? We are starting off in Vegas but need to get up to L.A - Want to drive to take in the "sights"

Ta
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    serenawell wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a hire company that doesn't charge the one way fee ?? We are starting off in Vegas but need to get up to L.A - Want to drive to take in the "sights"

Ta

most of them don't charge a one-way fee between NV and CA.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport