Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• secretmachines
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    We live relatively close to STN so had a look, at the moment it looks like they are only offering flights on Mondays and only in July and August but will keep an eye as it would be quite handy though we have never flown TC.

same here, it's the closest 'main' airport for us... we like to fly VA to clock up miles, but if there was a good cheap deal to be had, could be great for a getaway :)
  • secretmachines
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Standard seat selection is still free if you wait till the 60 day mark.

It wasnt a month or 2 ago but has changed again recently

EDIT the free seat selection at 60 days is if ticket was booked before 12/11/14

EDIT EDIT

£400 from Stansted in Aug inc 23kg luggage and meal, very tempted

thanks photome... presumably the 60 day mark is free regular seats, and not the extra leg room ones? (if there are any left by then)
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 January 2015 at 1:56AM
    Options
    From October all BA LAS flights will be leaving from T3 LHR not T5.
    This could be a good move as at present you have to go to T5 then on the transit train to 5B or 5C.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a heads up anyone redeeming social rewards, don't leave it till the last minute, I am being told that it could take up to 2 weeks to have them credited to your TR card. AFAIA there is no mention of this until you make the redemption request
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I do like Stansted -we're pretty much equal distance between Gatwick and Stansted but the traffic is so much easier heading into Essex rather than Surrey despite having to navigate the tunnel.

Wee booked one time to go to Vegas using AA's short lived flight STN JFK but they cancelled the service before our departure date so we ended up flying from Heathrow instead.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • tentickles666
    Options
    hello :D so happy to find this thread!
    im hoping to go to Vegas for a convention which will most likely be the first weekend of october, but dates havnt been announced yet.

Im toying with the idea of flying to LA spending a day there and then getting the greyhound to Vegas (sleeping on the greyhound) as ill be on my own and dont drive. Id appreciate any advice on this!
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    hello :D so happy to find this thread!
    im hoping to go to Vegas for a convention which will most likely be the first weekend of october, but dates havnt been announced yet.

Im toying with the idea of flying to LA spending a day there and then getting the greyhound to Vegas (sleeping on the greyhound) as ill be on my own and dont drive. Id appreciate any advice on this!

I would fly direct to Vegas if I were you. LA is collosal and a car is needed. I have not travelled in a Greyhound bus but I have heard some strange stories.
  • tentickles666
    Options
    iltisman wrote: »
    I would fly direct to Vegas if I were you. LA is collosal and a car is needed. I have not travelled in a Greyhound bus but I have heard some strange stories.

there is something in LA i want to specifically visit, so i will look into it more, and obviously the financial implications need to be considered too. I know 5hrs+ on a bus sounds like hell but i kind of feel like if im going to the states i need to go on a Greyhound....
  • tentickles666
    Options
    quick myvegas question... if you play on a pc and iphone do the rewards both add to your account? i seem to have different numbers on the pc one and the phone based one
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Just booked our week long trip for November this year, £747.98 per person, direct flight and a suite in the MGM grand signature. Pretty pleased with this! Also booked our seats figured its worth the £25 charge to sit where we want and together with our friends!

Will be popping on regularly to express this bubble of excitement!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure