Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• The_Dark_Prince
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    Hmm airfares around that time ( I used 26th to 31st ) from London start at £682 (indirect) so sounds like a budget buster.

I'd suggest you start the tickets in Dublin instead
    Ryanair STN DUB £23 ow
    AA Dub to LAS via Chicago &
    AA LAS to Heathrow £480 rtn

Total airfares £503 leaving something in the budget for hotels (and also opens up the possibility of a two centre stag with a night in Dublin before flying to Vegas)

(All fares found on https://www.kayak.co.uk using multicity option and ryanair.co.uk)
    Interesting, I'll take a look at that
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I've never fancied MGM but if it's free through Myvegas I'd probably consider it ;)
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • duchy
    Options

You could also look at starting from GOT or ARN but longer placement flight and if you overnight more expensive -and booze there is even more expensive than Dublin ;)

• duchy
    Options

The bit to be careful about is that the UK to Dublin is a seperate ticket so if you were delayed and missed your connection at Dublin you wouldn't be protected so it is wise to allow plenty of time between flights -but if a night in Dublin works for you Temple Bar is prime stag night location anyway)

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's flipping cold here at the moment. 10 degree below the monthly average. But I'd rather be cold in Vegas than warm in Nottingham.
    Mind it makes the morning run more enjoyable
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • bubblestizzy
    Options
    Flights booked for September spending 15 days in Vegas. Have booked Desert Rose to stay - stayed at Wyndham last year but too far from strip for us and the pool area not good as the sun went at about 4pm. Am hoping the Desert Rose will be fully renovated by the time we go. Starting the countdown already.
  • n0785
    n0785 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Going to Vegas from 14th -18th August while on my america road trip.

Have researched hotels and would like to stay in MGM Grand or Caesers Palace, MGM atm the moment is £307 for the 4 nights, is this good or bad?

Like another poster I seen cheaper deals back a month or two but hadn't flights booked so didn't want to jump in, kicking myself now though as they seem to have increased.

Any one any tips? We are traveling as two young couples, first time in vegas :)
  • duchy
    edited 3 January 2015 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Keep an eye on https://www.smartervegas.com for hotel prices.
    Prices WILL drop as August is too hot for a lot of people so hotels tend not to sell out.

Most direct deals (rather than 3rd party sites) are fully refundable so you could book a hotel now and cancel and rebook once a better deal comes along if you want the security of knowing you have something booked now.

• sandrotaylor
    Options
    n0785 wrote: »
    Hi, Going to Vegas from 14th -18th August while on my america road trip.

Have researched hotels and would like to stay in MGM Grand or Caesers Palace, MGM atm the moment is £307 for the 4 nights, is this good or bad?

Like another poster I seen cheaper deals back a month or two but hadn't flights booked so didn't want to jump in, kicking myself now though as they seem to have increased.

Any one any tips? We are traveling as two young couples, first time in vegas :)

thats about right price , just checked the dates on lowcostusa.co.uk and thats the price for a west wing king room , warning these rooms are about the size of a cupboard , there tiny with a tiny window and no door on the toilet ...just a warning

first time in vegas and 2 young couple look for the cheaper option you could do excalibur including resort fees and all taxes for £230 or get everyone to start playing myvegas on facebook , youve got plenty of time to earn enough loyalty points to get a room for 4 nights between you for free
  • n0785
    n0785 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    thats about right price , just checked the dates on lowcostusa.co.uk and thats the price for a west wing king room , warning these rooms are about the size of a cupboard , there tiny with a tiny window and no door on the toilet ...just a warning

first time in vegas and 2 young couple look for the cheaper option you could do excalibur including resort fees and all taxes for £230 or get everyone to start playing myvegas on facebook , youve got plenty of time to earn enough loyalty points to get a room for 4 nights between you for free

Thank you, read about that on this site this morning and have started playing :)

Will do research on excalibur now, looking for a hotel with good nightlife and buzz about it for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure