Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• steventylerswifey
    Options
    6 weeks until I go, really hope the dollar rate gets better for us before then :-(

After 18 years of being engaged me and the other half are getting married out there, booked the wedding yesterday, not sure if I'm excited or nervous haha.

Have got us 2 Bellagio lunch buffets and the Ice Bar one but can't decide on a 3rd reward to get, did the dolphins last time so am tempted to do the sharks this time... has anyone else done this?
  • kroberts
    kroberts Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    27 weeks to go and counting :-) Cannot wait to go back, just trying to think of places to go that we've not been to before. I think Boulder City is an option at the moment and Oatman maybe
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    jodles16 wrote: »
    Is there a best time to book hotels and parking? We are flying from Gatwick which is 3 and a half hours away so that would make more sense for us!

I don't know if would work for your dates but we were looking for Gatwick hotels (and one with parking) for March and the Hilton attached to the South Terminal was coming up at what seemed to be quite cheap, relatively speaking, for a hotel that is connected by walkway to the terminal. If you are flying with Virgin it's worth considering twilight check-in...we think it's wonderful and always stay at the Hilton the night before.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    Have got us 2 Bellagio lunch buffets and the Ice Bar one but can't decide on a 3rd reward to get, did the dolphins last time so am tempted to do the sharks this time... has anyone else done this?

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

We have been to Shark Reef and we were disappointed, but we paid for it...for free we would have probably been happy with it. It seemed like we walked FOREVER to get to it and it seemed quite small compared to what I was expecting...but we did enjoy what was there.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 7 January 2015 at 5:32PM
    Options
    jodles16 wrote: »
    Booked using Barclays as I will also get £149.75 cash back after we get back, booked through Expedia, some really great offers, Luxor was £650 but we felt like the suite was well worth the extra dosh! Glad its as good as I thought! Know the weather isnt great but that doesnt really matter, bad weather in vegas has to be better than here!

Not played Myvegas, might have a nosy though!

Is there a best time to book hotels and parking? We are flying from Gatwick which is 3 and a half hours away so that would make more sense for us!

Jodles :D

Depending on your budget.
    We are staying at a Holiday INN express in Crawley in March, B and B with parking 10 nights £70.20 all inc.

Parking is at purple parking while away so you do have to drive in the morning to the car park a couple of miles away from hotel and then transfer. we have done it a few times without any problems.

EDIT holiday inn not a Premier inn
  • steventylerswifey
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

We have been to Shark Reef and we were disappointed, but we paid for it...for free we would have probably been happy with it. It seemed like we walked FOREVER to get to it and it seemed quite small compared to what I was expecting...but we did enjoy what was there.

I read somewhere that it is alot of walking, we are only there 4 nights and last time I was there I walked until I couldn't walk anymore, maybe I should leave this one this time.
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Virgins 25% reward seat sale and miles booster has just started

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/spend-miles/reward-flights.html
  • bairn7
    bairn7 Posts: 579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 January 2015 at 2:42PM
    Options
    Hi all

Apologies for the post asking for help! I go to Vegas/Phoenix every year and I'm now looking at flights for next summer (looking at Thurs 23rd July to Tues 11th Aug but can be flexible a couple of days earlier at the beginning but must fly by 23rd). I'm usually good at finding cheap flights by searching various airport combinations. I keep my plans flexible. However not having much luck this time. Can anyone help?

Must haves:

Departure/return airport - Edinburgh

Must be in Akron on 24th July so airport close by (can hire car or would consider cheap internal connecting flight)

After Akron, I'm heading west to Vegas so can fly back from Phoenix/Vegas/SFO/LAX.

The cheapest I get is £689 (EDI to Cleveland, SFO to EDI) but hoping for less than £600.

As an aside, I've checked the United website for flights leaving from Edinburgh and the flights seem to be around £550-£600 right up until 22 June then they jump to £900 for the whole of July before returning to around £550-£600 mid-August. Is this 6 week period just a super expensive time?

I'd hoped that prices would come down in Jan but no sign yet! :(

Cheers!
  • Yinster
    Yinster Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    Holiday Haggler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    6 weeks until I go, really hope the dollar rate gets better for us before then :-(

You sound exactly like me. Been watching the dollar like a hawk for past couple of months. Sounds like we be in Vegas roughly the same time.
    Wins in 2015

Kettle Chips, Cambridge Satchel Bag, Tixs to Sound Of Music UK Tour, Name on a bench, Hotel Chocolat Eggs, Cuddly Dog, Stabilo pens, Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LG G Flex 2 phone, Gramofon, Lunch Meal For Two at La Tasca, Lunch For Two at Handmade Burger Company, £30 Gourmet Burger Kitchen Voucher, Canon Ixus Camera
  • gizmat
    gizmat Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    Getting excited as i ve booked up for new york(for 3 days) and onto vegas for 10 nights in 21weeks and 2 days !!

with thanks to secretmachines for starting the thread and the info!

A question if i may in regards i think the myvegas rewards thing..As i gather its a feacebook slot machine type thing where the more you play and the more you *win* and the more you win the more credits you get and when you reach a certian level/get enough credits you can exchange them.

I feel my brother and I should be doing this.

Is it easy to do?
    is exchanging the points/credits easy to do?
    how do you exchange the points/credits?

im not much of a *facebooker* and if getting a couple of free buffets would be on offer via this way, i d be happy to try

I hope my questions are not daft!

we would be staying at the mgm!

This sounds so much like my trip,i'm booked to go on the 20th june for 3 nights in new York and then on to vegas for 7 nights at the signature at the mgm
    I have just got to 300,000 lps on myvegas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport