Has Martin changed your life?!!

Replies

• :j YES Most definately i look at money and spending with a different set of eyes , its amazing how we can all be swept away with it all, We are all made to feel that if we dont hit the Shops on a Saturday we are not living and seen to be laidened down with bags from every shop , I look for bargains and take things back to basics.. Something I think that alot of us have forgotten,
    When I found this site ,I was amazed at the unity, and streangth found here it was great, I look forward Each day coming on here for views, chats,sometimes the are tears and good news ,whoa and strife loop holes and every thingyou can possibly imagine . This Site keeps it real, I Feel I have made a true friend ...Thanks MSE........... Gone on share the love.....:grouphug:
    Don't sweat the small stuff, Its all small stuff.
  • MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the above folks. It has moved me very much. To be honest work is difficult at the moment, the stress levels are very very high and its tough to cope with; the above comments help keep me inspired to know I'm doing something good. Thank you for your support. It means a lot. Now the MSG is telling me, and rightly so, that I must turn the computer off for the weekend.

Martin

My thanks button won't work!! So THANK YOU MARTIN for all the wonderful things that you do, and keep doing them!!!!! Love Sharron
    Sometimes your the dog, and sometimes your the lampost..:p
  • This website has changed my life too. I have just claimed back my bank charges, never would have had the confidence to do this if the website and Martin hadn't had made it simple. I claimed £2600 and settled for £2239. So, thanks a lot Martin.
  • I can honestly say that Martin has changed our lives. We had very little money as everything was always being paid out on debt, and it seemed it would always be that way. We are now paying off the final debt, after having a full blown light-bulb moment, and are hoping it should be gone by Christmas.

Martin and this site have totally re-educated my approach to money, and life is so much better for it. You do a wonderful job and this thread proves how much you have helped so many people.

ATB :A x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • another Martin fan here! Just love the man... as my hubby and everyone is always being told!
    been lurking for ages and althogh don't post very much, on here EVERY BLOOMING DAY! will log on - just to check something - and three hours late, i'm still here!

Have definately saved money, and become an unofficial money adviser to many friends and family - my main advice is for them all to go on this site!
  • Lol, he hasn't
  • nickiboopnickiboop Forumite
    191 Posts
    I have realised that I am actually better in someways than I thought (Always check cheapest insurance etc, have seperate bills acccount which is reconciled monthly etc) But has really helped on the disposable income side, we now attempt to stick to the budget duringthe month rather than wonder how we spent so much at the end! I also meal plan which has reduced my stress immensly (I have a 16 month old and work full time so used to eat alot of takeouts)

The only real bad thing is that other half now calls me scrooge!
    Only two big facts are known for certain: you are on a large, spinning rock hurtling through lonely space at about 67,000 mph, and one day your body is going to die. Will a new pair of shoes really help? :p

Weight at lightbulb moment 13 7lb
    goal for Christmas 12 7lb! :rotfl:
  • ShawzShawz Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Yep, a huge thankyou to Martin and everyone on here :T

Not on here as often as I want due to work commitments, but I am what you might call an MSE evangelist as I am always going on to people about MSE and what a difference it will make to them
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • Being back in control!

All the small things(baby steps!) I've gleaned from the advice on this site seem to have come together over the last few months, I feel much more confident and can see light at the end of the tunnel even though not debt free as yet, it has worked out that CC's, loan and mortgage will all be paid off totally within 3 years.

So it's a massive THANK YOU to Martin and his team and of course all the lovely people on these forums.

PS. Message to all Newbies - it's totally addictive ( in a good way of course)
  • Yep i believe you're all talking about mamartin :money: as I refer to him.

my husband and friends all ask...

What does mamartin say about that!:money:

But seriously thnaks to martin and all the great guys on here.

I sorted my endownments to repayment and got compensation, I got my Car Insurance reduced, my husband got his reduced and many other things.

Today I've just got me £100 on MEAF from Halifax.:j

Keep bringing it on :T :T :T :T

Cheers

Debs
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum