Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Could you provide the relevant condition that backs this up? :)

(If you can, I'll say thanks and blame my misunderstanding on a very early start today!)
    http://www.cbonline.co.uk/resources/0956a153-3298-45a4-93e9-2d502d2bd3a4/CB-current-account-switch-offer-CB0816.pdf

Para. 1 (b) (i) seems to rule it out.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, read that. Any 'new to YB/CB' applicant wouldn't have had any accounts with either bank as at 17th November 2014.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Yep, read that. Any 'new to YB/CB' applicant wouldn't have had any accounts with either bank as at 17th November 2014.
    If anyone is able to open an account with both, I'll be right behind you in the queue :D

I await any success stories.

In other news, I received my account-opening paperwork this morning. Signatures needed all over the place; so much for the paperless society.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    If anyone is able to open an account with both, I'll be right behind you in the queue :D
    Sadly I won't be in the queue for this one, because I'm an existing 4% AER customer!

But I do hope we see some chancers...and they feed back.
  • MRMX9
    MRMX9 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    sai5 wrote: »
    HI,

In order to get the £150 you have close your main account which is said in the conditions. Any body got any clue on that. Is that so or we can switch from any account.

The terms and conditions say nothing about it needing to be your main account – merely that it must be a current account. Even basic bank accounts are eligible for the switch.

They do seem to ask loads of questions – and are very specific for some reason about wanting to know how you will be funding the payments into your account each month (i.e. will you have your salary paid into the account or another source such as savings). Didn’t seem to matter what answer you gave though.

I do feel very sorry for their call centre staff however – they must all be exhausted by the endless repetition call after call after call. Why on earth they don’t have an online application system is beyond me – everyone else does. This also avoids the potential for mistakes to be made over the phone – and surely speeds things up.

Also has anyone had their documentation in the post yet – I can imagine there will be a backlog.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    MRMX9 wrote: »
    Also has anyone had their documentation in the post yet – I can imagine there will be a backlog.

I've had mine. Returned it too.
    In other news, I received my account-opening paperwork this morning. Signatures needed all over the place; so much for the paperless society.
  • sai5
    sai5 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Is it? Where does it say you have to switch, let alone close, your "main account"?The conditions are very clear. Why do we need to have a "clue"?See above.

It is said on the main page and phoned up this afternoon with the customer service. He said it should be salary account to get the £150 bonus.

Thank you
  • sai5
    sai5 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    MRMX9 wrote: »
    The terms and conditions say nothing about it needing to be your main account – merely that it must be a current account. Even basic bank accounts are eligible for the switch.

They do seem to ask loads of questions – and are very specific for some reason about wanting to know how you will be funding the payments into your account each month (i.e. will you have your salary paid into the account or another source such as savings). Didn’t seem to matter what answer you gave though.

I do feel very sorry for their call centre staff however – they must all be exhausted by the endless repetition call after call after call. Why on earth they don’t have an online application system is beyond me – everyone else does. This also avoids the potential for mistakes to be made over the phone – and surely speeds things up.

When I spoke to the customer service he said I can switch from any account to the current account with them but in order to get £150 bonus he said it should be a salary account. May be I could have asked better I do not know.

Hope to hear from some one who switched with any other account other than the salary account and got the Bonus. I will wait for some time.

Thank you
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    It is said on the main page
    The "main page" doesn't determine whether the incentive is paid. The Full Terms and Conditions determine that.
    phoned up this afternoon with the customer service. He said it should be salary account to get the £150 bonus.
    As has been said many times on here, don't place any reliance on what you're told by front-end staff, as they often use interpretation and guesswork in discussions with customers/potential customers. The T&Cs, as referenced above, were drafted by people a little higher up the foodchain...and the written word will always trump the spoken word. :)

But think about it...how would they even know it's your main account or not?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    I will wait for some time.
    I wouldn't! This offer will be massively oversubscribed* and therefore pulled long before February...maybe even as early as December.

The early bird catches the worm!

*It trumps all other offers in recent times, except the £200 Co-op switch of a few years ago. Plus, their customer base is very small in comparison with some other players so more people will be eligible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure