We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Are you closing the NW Flexdirect using CB/YB switching service? As I was told these are "not eligible" accounts, and you will only get the £150 if you use their switching service.

Who told you?

A FlexDirect is an eligible account to switch from, as is any current account. Nobody gets the £150 unless they use the 7-day switching service, which automatically closes the old account.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Who told you?

A FlexDirect is an eligible account to switch from, as is any current account. Nobody gets the £150 unless they use the 7-day switching service, which automatically closes the old account.

Two different cs agents over the phone, see post's #43 & 50.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would like to apply but in the last 5 months have applied for the CO OP, MKS and Halifax accounts and will no doubt have impacted on my credit score.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Two different cs agents over the phone, see post's #43 & 50.

I gave the same sort code and wasn't told it was an issue. I do have a Halifax account I could forfeit the £5 on I suppose if it presents any difficulties :(. Wish I'd kept a Smile account open now!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My FlexAccount worked fine.

An issue only arises if the bank account isn't fully compatible with the newer full switch service (only the older system can be used on these) or you ask for the old account to remain open (this uses the old system).

Those signed up the newer scheme are listed here
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I gave the same sort code and wasn't told it was an issue. I do have a Halifax account I could forfeit the £5 on I suppose if it presents any difficulties :(. Wish I'd kept a Smile account open now!
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    My FlexAccount worked fine.

An issue only arises if the bank account isn't fully compatible with the newer full switch service (only the older system can be used on these) or you ask for the old account to remain open (this uses the old system).

Those signed up the newer scheme are listed here

Sort code used was, 07 02 46, and told twice that code was not eligible.

Heng Leng, when using your link then Nationwide I get Yahoo page, "No site configured at this address ".

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    07 02 46 was introduced in 2007 by Nationwide, I believe, because 07 01 16 was filling up.

It sounds to me as though they are using an outdated sortcode feed?
  • Nationwide8
    Options
    Just ( in the last few days ) completed a switch to M&S for the £ 125 voucher...have not yet received it....would there be a problem to switch that account to C/Y so soon after opening ?
  • MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 November 2014 at 2:17PM
    Options
    LuSiVe wrote: »
    It .... is ..... so ..... slow ...... doing this on the phone.....

A warning to people on here that the endless phone call application saga is not necessarily the end.

I spent 20 minutes going through the application over the phone earlier in the week after a short interval for the credit check - told it was all approved and I would get details in the post. Was given no reference or account number.

Yesterday I got a voicemail message! on my mobile asking me to ring them - tried the number given but it was unobtainable.

Rang them this morning on their main number (got through after third attempt as they cut the first two calls off due to lack of advisors) and was told their underwriters wanted me to provide proof of ID - so I have to go to a branch and show them my passport/proof of address. If you do a search on their website using my postcode the branch locator gives only a branch in Regent Street for the whole of London and the south east (the closest after that being in Cumbria - which of course isnt the next closest!). When I had done this I was told I should call them again at head office to tell them I had done this!

After applying to them I also applied for an current account elsewhere online with the same address/details. All approved immediately, got an application pack next day, sent back the form and got a text today confirming it was now open.

So don't count your £150 just yet - and when they say your account opening is approved don't assume it is!
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 22 November 2014 at 3:44PM
    Options
    Just ( in the last few days ) completed a switch to M&S for the £ 125 voucher...have not yet received it....would there be a problem to switch that account to C/Y so soon after opening ?

Same 'problem' here, Nationwide, best to wait for the voucher.

p.s. Just had a phone call from marketing survey re M and S. Genteel it was not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport