We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    LuSiVe wrote: »
    It .... is ..... so ..... slow ...... doing this on the phone.....
    Takes me back to my application to YB back in January. 20 days from initial phone call to having a working account. This did not include arrival of security token, required for larger transfers. This was an application that went without a hitch, where all paperwork, additional phone call to register for internet banking etc was turned around on the day that I received it. Best prepare yourself for a long haul unless they’ve changed the process. The initial phone call was the quick part of the process.:)
  • Harveys_2
    Options
    On the call to them now...they're saying I have to pay in 1000 each month?
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Harveys wrote: »
    On the call to them now...they're saying I have to pay in 1000 each month?

That would be right to get interest on the Current Account Direct.
  • Harveys_2
    Options
    Thanks Hazza. So if I don't put in 1000 pounds I don't get interest?

That's fine as I'm only doing it for the 150 :)
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Harveys wrote: »
    Thanks Hazza. So if I don't put in 1000 pounds I don't get interest? *

That's fine as I'm only doing it for the 150 :)
    *Apart from the initial £1000 to satisfy the joining requirements, of course.
  • Harveys_2
    Options
    Thanks bsms!
  • mr_jrt
    mr_jrt Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought they'd written the offer T&Cs very well, but you may have found a loophole. You can't open Current Account Direct accounts with both though (see the existing general conditions)...it's max 2 accounts, one of which must be a joint.

My apologies if I missing something obvious here: are we saying you can open (and switch) two accounts, a single and a joint, and get the £150 for each. I'm reading the T&Cs and it simply states eligibility is if you don't have accounts before the 17th and complete a switch, thus the only limits that would apply would be that you can only open two accounts after the 17th - one single and one joint, and both would be eligible.

Is that correct?
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Long chat with very nice lady. Felt guilty as she went through the options on the accounts, didn't have the heart to say 'I don't care love, just show me the money' :o. Wondering how long I can wait as closing a NW Flex Direct which expires Jan. Happy to forego £8 to get £150 :T.

PS - is the £150 taxable? I presume so.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    PS - is the £150 taxable? I presume so.
    Shouldn't be. It's an "incentive", not interest.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Long chat with very nice lady. Felt guilty as she went through the options on the accounts, didn't have the heart to say 'I don't care love, just show me the money' :o. Wondering how long I can wait as closing a NW Flex Direct which expires Jan. Happy to forego £8 to get £150

Are you closing the NW Flexdirect using CB/YB switching service? As I was told these are "not eligible" accounts, and you will only get the £150 if you use their switching service.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family