Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Was anyone asked for their National Insurance number?

I was, they told me it was required for all new bank accounts.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    I was, they told me it was required for all new bank accounts.

Thanks Derrick. I was beginning to feel slightly paranoid for a minute there.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Thanks Derrick. I was beginning to feel slightly paranoid for a minute there.

I was also asked: -
    Country and town of birth,
    Nationality,
    How long at current address,
    Marital status,
    Employed/retired,
    Employment job,
    Employer name and address,
    Property owner/renter,
    Mortgaged or owned,
    Monthly income, (and would this be paid into account),
    Do I have credit card(s),
    Do I have any loans or outstanding finance,
    Why do I want this account,

And some more, like address, DOB etc and some I can’t remember.

This was for the Yorkshire account as I was told as I live in Lancashire there would be branches for Yorkshire but not Clydesdale, so it would be better for me, so whether the questions are different for the two banks one can only guess. I rang the freephone number posted earlier in the thread and it was answered,"Yorkshire Bank".

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    msaquib wrote: »
    Hi, According to website Readycash account i s also eligible for the incentive

Has anyone tries applying for this account? Was questions were asked?

This is the account I asked for. They initially check your identity electronically against the electoral roll. Then after all the normal questions they perform a credit check. Based on this you will be offered a range of accounts. I opted for the Readycash as I have no need for another "full" account. I am merely switching a very unused Lloyds cash account to get the £150. The YB account will hardly, if ever, be used.
  • Tambo739
    Options
    I applied today and got the impression that I can open 1 sole account and 1 joint account. If that is so is it possible to open 4 accounts, 2 with Yorkshire Bank and 2 With Clydesdale and getting £600 cashback? I have enough old current accounts to do this. It will mean closing Halifax reward accounts so I'll lose my free fiver a month but will get it back with £3000 and 2% interest.
  • sai5
    sai5 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    HI,

In order to get the £150 you have close your main account which is said in the conditions. Any body got any clue on that. Is that so or we can switch from any account.

I have opened a Barclays current account to Switch to CooP bank and then to 1st Direct. To get the £100 bonus from Coop they want 2 active DD.

Thank you
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2014 at 5:09PM
    Options
    sai5 wrote: »
    In order to get the £150 you have close your main account which is said in the conditions.
    Is it? Where does it say you have to switch, let alone close, your "main account"?
    Any body got any clue on that.
    The conditions are very clear. Why do we need to have a "clue"?
    Is that so or we can switch from any account.
    See above.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Tambo739 wrote: »
    I applied today and got the impression that I can open 1 sole account and 1 joint account. If that is so is it possible to open 4 accounts, 2 with Yorkshire Bank and 2 With Clydesdale and getting £600 cashback?
    I thought they'd written the offer T&Cs very well, but you may have found a loophole. You can't open Current Account Direct accounts with both though (see the existing general conditions)...it's max 2 accounts, one of which must be a joint.
    I have enough old current accounts to do this. It will mean closing Halifax reward accounts so I'll lose my free fiver a month...
    Why will it? Simply open more accounts with Halifax (or anyone else for that matter) and switch these instead.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Tambo739 wrote: »
    I applied today and got the impression that I can open 1 sole account and 1 joint account. If that is so is it possible to open 4 accounts, 2 with Yorkshire Bank and 2 With Clydesdale and getting £600 cashback? I have enough old current accounts to do this. It will mean closing Halifax reward accounts so I'll lose my free fiver a month but will get it back with £3000 and 2% interest.
    No, it's either Clydesdale or Yorkshire. Nice try :)
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    No, it's either Clydesdale or Yorkshire. Nice try :)
    Could you provide the relevant condition that backs this up? :)

(If you can, I'll say thanks and blame my misunderstanding on a very early start today!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure