We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had some time on your own to recharge:)
    Great weight loss :)
    Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 December 2019 at 8:51PM
    Options
    I'm glad you had some you time with your family and DH going out. Also glad that you're managing at the moment moneywise.

I think teenagers are usually happy with money and a few token gifts. That's all DS3 wants anyway.

Sorry about the sad anniversary :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you got some precious time to yourself xx

Very sad it's the anniversary of losing your dad, you've been without him a long time, sadly you lost him too young :(

Fab news on the weight loss and money is manageable :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I echo SA .... time alone is good for wellbeing, I am glad you were able to have some,

Next year will be 21 since loosing my Mum, time flies, but I am sure it feels like yesterday.

Take care x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Robin, driving lesson money is an awesome idea. Not sure he’d leave it alone until then, but I’ll certainly suggest it to him.

We went for a kids' ISA for DGS. First to encourage the idea of tax free saving, second because his Dad is the signatory so no sneaky frittering is possible. ;)

Spotted your piccy on your FB memories page, with all the wonderful women in your life - you look just how I imagined except the glorious wavy blonde locks were a surprise! :)

:xmastree:

It's decoration day here [bit early for my liking but I was outvoted, lol]..
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Ah Robin that’s kind of you to say, particularly because I look a bedraggled mess on that photo!! I love it because of the other people in it though :A.

Another week has gone without me posting, I’m getting really bad at that, sorry. Money actually wasn’t as good as I thought last week, as somehow I’d forgotten about the mortgage :eek::eek:. Managed to borrow the money for 2 days to cover it though so all was good. Budget is a bit healthier this week - definitely this time :o.

DH had a partial seizure on Wednesday. It was actually a relief as he’d been really sleepy and not ‘switched on’ for a few days, and the seizure seemed to sort of ‘reset’ him. I don’t take it lightly though obviously, it’s a big deal.

Lost another pound at chub club today. 1 stone 8.5lbs in 9 weeks :T. Hoping for another loss this week as nothing much happening, but the week after will be tough (in a good way!) because we have our festive break to Edinburgh :j:j and then Christmas Day in the same week!!

Have won some treats for Oakley, but otherwise haven’t been very successful in the Advent Competitions this year. Disappointed!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss :j

Sorry Mr L had a seizure but blessing in disguise he's been reset. Hopefully that's it for a very long time now xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the WL :)
    Glad that DH is now 'reset'
    Hope the money fairy visits soon. xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Christmas Eve Eve :eek::eek:.

Those of you that follow the memories FB page will know we’ve had our festive break to Edinburgh. Although overall we had a nice time (teenage and brain injury tantrums aside), we’ve all agreed to try somewhere new next time. There’s still a lot of the UK to see!! Very appreciative of the chance to get away via the Carer’s Fund, hopefully it will still be going next year.

I lost another 2.5lbs this week taking my total to 1 stone 11lbs in 10 weeks. Have gained about 4lbs back while away though :( so trying to pull that back. Not easy when Christmas is the day after tomorrow!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your break in Edinburgh. Well done on the weight loss, it's all about damage limitation this time of year so enjoy the festivities and get back on track in the new year xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure