Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    No more seizures :j *touches wood*.

Busy few days and an incident at the dentist yesterday which has really wound me up. He was so rude to DS1 and it has been on my mind constantly. I’ve been through every emotion, shock, anger, upset, wishing I’d said something else etc. I’ve transferred us all to another dentist at the same practice, but I’m still thinking of moving us altogether. The dental nurse even followed us out of the room and checked we were ok afterwards, which we weren’t, but it was nice of her anyway.

Being unable to sleep for getting so wound up, I did a bit of online shopping :o. Managed a few bargains on things I needed to get anyway, and I’m racking up the cashback :cool. Have also been able to order another £5 voucher from Sw@gbucks, and have hit £50 on Populus so that will be on it’s way by cheque next month :T.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dentist experience :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Lucky :) Sorry to hear about the dentist. It would be bad enough if he was rude to an adult but being rude to a child is well out of order. After getting over the shock of whatever was said I'd be inclined to march back in there and tell him what I thought.

You've done really well with your vouchers and another £50 before Christmas is always welcome isn't it. Have you got all the boys things sorted now?

At least you'll have a good head start for your first car boot next year :) Have a lovely day. xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry about DH's seizure and the rude dentist. Would it be worth a letter of complaint to the dental practice?

Well done on the weight loss. I went mad in the January sales last year and I have a massive stockpile of cards, wrapping paper, etc. It's always good to stock up while it's cheap.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all. The dentist in question is one of two partners that own the surgery, so I doubt complaining would get me very far. It’s still making me angry to think of what he said though :mad:.

Managed to get some big rolls of nice wrapping paper for £1 each in B&M. Is it just me or have shops really cut back on boxes of Christmas cards this year? I can’t find any I like and there doesn’t seem much choice.

Got my one night out of the year tomorrow. Christmas ‘do’ with a group of friends. I paid for the meal a couple of months ago so it’s just drinks and my share of the taxi money tomorrow.

Tea I still have a fair bit to sort for the boys for Christmas. Mainly because I’m doing every one else’s shopping for them too, and DS1 can’t think of much that he actually wants :think: Xx
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're right, no point complaining if that's the case, which probably makes it even more annoying :(

Boys are so difficult to buy for especially teenagers, which I think your DS1 is? I gave up feeling DS needed to have 'proper' gifts to open a couple of years ago. I still get him a few little wrap ups but I've cut down on that this year because in all honesty even that's hard. He seems to want cash so that's what he's getting.

Hope you have a lovely night out with your friends, you definitely deserve it. xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Tea. DS1 is 15. He has his own bank account and really just wants cash to put in there as he loves being able to buy things as and when he wants to.

I’ve been trying to prepare them for tiny present piles!! DS2 said he thought Santa wasn’t real the other day. I thought ‘oh no, here we go’, but before I could say anything he followed his statement with “because no one could grow such an EPIC beard” :rotfl::rotfl:. After we all stopped laughing he changed the subject, so I haven’t got to the bottom of if he actually does believe or not.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're all doing okay Lucky x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Also hoping that things are okay Lucky.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hi Lucky, :hello:

Hope MrL has had no more seizures, and you're enjoying the run up to the holidays.

DS1 has reached the age when cash gifts into a driving lessons fund savings account are probably more useful than getting him short-term gratification items.. ? Easy for family too.
    That's what I'm doing for DGS [who's still only eight, but an Emperor Child so has more toys than he'll ever play with].
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback