Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hospital went ok today, but I haven’t been given any results, so it’s still a waiting game. I was there 2 hours while they made me radioactive :eek: and I had to lie still for an hour, then eat the mars bar and milk and lie still for a second hour :cool:.

I’m amazingly tired for having stayed still half the day!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hate whole milk as I normally drink skimmed and I'm not a fan of mars bars either! Now if they said greek yoghurt and a galaxy bar I'd be a bit more enthusiastic :rotfl: I hope you get the results soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,696 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey. That would be hard to lie still all that time. Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Weighed in some old clothes - stuff not suitable for eBay - and made a mahoosive £1.48. Better than nothing. Last bundle on eBay has a hid on, so will have to get more listed on there too.

Ordered a couple of Christmas cards from M00nP1g using a 33% off code. It was for the ones that are hard to find in shops, all the rest I buy from the C@rd F@ctory.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad the appointment is done. Hopefully you will get to the bottom of it and get sorted.

I buy most of my cards from the C@rd F@ctory, although recently the 10 for £1 cards have vanished which is disappointing as they were handy to have in stock just in case.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    SA, the C@rd F@ctory are great, and they’ve been moving with the times. I was able to get Sister and Sister in Law cards from there :T. They didn’t have anything like ‘Mum and they guy who would be my step Dad if you were married but you aren’t’ cards though :rotfl::rotfl:. They didn’t even have Mum & Partner, and I’ve struggled to find those elsewhere too. Special Couple doesn’t seem good enough when one half of the couple is your Mum!

Another 2.5lbs off at chub club :j.

Won a £2 Am@zon voucher on one of the survey sites :D.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great loss :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Was just dropping off to sleep a bit earlier when DH had a partial seizure :(. He’s fast asleep I might add and is none the wiser, but as per I’m on high alert now and wide awake. Fingers crossed nothing else progresses.

I’ve been threatening to do a car boot sale for months, but as tomorrow is the last one this year, and it’s been raining hard for like a fortnight, it’s safe to say the pitch where it’s held will be more of a swimming pool. Have admitted defeat and put the pile of stuff up in the loft for the spring when it starts up again. This then snowballed into a clean up for Santa mission. I checked my stockpile of Christmas cards/wrapping paper etc, and it’s pretty depleted :(. I normally buy some in the sale after Christmas, so not sure what went wrong there, but I need more so will have to pay full price :eek:.

Have ordered a couple of books for DS1 for Christmas from Am@zon, and by ordering them together they qualified for free delivery :T. Used a few of my vouchers from Swagbucks/GFK to help pay for them too :D. Just had a quick count up and I’ve made £110 in vouchers from survey sites this year :cool:.
  • beanielou
    Options
    That’s a great voucher total:). Xx

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Lucky. Hopefully the night passed with no further seizures. Maybe this is why Mr L has been so grumpy lately, it might have been building up to it.

Well done on the weight loss, you're doing really well :j

The supermarkets usually do an offer on wrapping paper so cost should be fairly low. I'm glad I bought crackers, paper and tags in the M&S 75% off sale last year.

Fab voucher haul this year :)

Hope you have a good Sunday xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback