We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Your Edinburgh photos looked lovely :). There are lots of gorgeous places in the UK so it's always good to try somewhere new.

Well done on the weight loss :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Have a lovely Christmas lucky x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Just popping in to say Happy Christmas :xmastree: :xmassign: :santa2:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a lovely time :xmastree: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy Boxing day all. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

We had a nice day with both our Mums and their partners. Sis is sunning herself in Gran Canaria :cool:. The boys got me a lovely charm - I suggested they went into the shop in Edinburgh, gave them my debit card and waited outside the shop for them :rotfl::rotfl:. Not sure I would’ve got anything if I hadn’t done that! I also got enough gin to kill a pirate, and a new hairdryer :T.

Today has been spent at home just the 4 of us. The boys are playing a card game together in between watching films. Lovely chilled day. Tomorrow is chub club and then more investigations/scans at hospital for me :(.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Talk about back to reality with a bang - hope the tests go well at hospital xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks SA. In amongst all the tests I’ve been having for my gallbladder, they’ve discovered I have blood in my urine, so I’m being sent for more scans/tests. I have some tomorrow and then some more next Friday :( Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new charm to you:)
    Hope the tests go well. Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    1.5lbs on. Not bad for Edinburgh and Christmas all in the same week! It was definitely one of the smaller gains in group today!

Scans went ok at hospital. I’ll get the results from the Consultant next Friday, but the sonographer said my kidneys look ok :T. Lady that did the Xrays didn’t say anything though.

Today is my Mum’s birthday. It’s my Auntie’s birthday on Sunday too, so we are getting the whole family together for a meal tomorrow. Not good for thr diet, but good for the soul :A.
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Sooo long since I have popped by, sorry :( but just catching up on your news. So glad you got a break to Edinburgh and had a lovely Christmas. Hope tests go well and nothing untoward

HNY and all the very best for 2020

Brizzle x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family