Don't Panic!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry to hear that October. Take care you, and know that we are here for you when you need us Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that October, hope things improve for you soon.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear that October. Take care you, and know that we are here for you when you need us Xx

From me too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lulabelle
    Options
    And me. Just read your entire diary and subscribing

Being unhappy at work is horrid and I think come what may you need to get out. But I also understand being paralysed by fear of the unknown x
    I want to be a writer
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Options
    If it was me, i would tell your mam that you're selling the house to make her fill in the forms. You're slowly killing yourself to allow your mother to practically live rent free. Or really sell the house and your mam will have to go into rented accommodation. Sorry if it sounds harsh but your mam should realise you can't afford it.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending hugs.... And hoping yu can find the strength to share.... Just write a sent ace even if its jumbled it will help and we all will not mind x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good idea from Bubblesmum :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• October_Starter
    October_Starter Posts: 664 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2014 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Hi Diary and Diary Readers!

Thank you for your support everyone.. Going to try and write this entry without crying.

So on Tuesday, I went to my doctor. I have only met with her once before as she is new. I loved my old doctor and felt very comfortable with him which has been vital with my anxiety. I have told myself that I have to be mature about these sort of things so went to my new doctor. I told her how I was tired all the time and that everything was a struggle. I said that I was losing my job but that I didn't feel depressed over it.

Well.. she was a very small, very skinny woman who took one look at me and decided I was too fat (I am to be fair) and that was the root of all my problems. She didnt even send me for tests or check my blood pressure. Just told me to diet and excersize. I felt like I'd been judged rather than helped.

I think the stress of the visit caused a bad headache because when I got to work I had what felt like a full migraine strength headache. I had my trainee there so I had to stay but after awhile I had to run to the bathrooms. While I was there, my managers turned up, ransacked the office, asked my trainee what she thought about the office and about me and then called me back for a formal investigation.

Their manager was the one who was angry at me for being unable to answer my phone. Because of this, she sent them to do a full investigation on me. They found every tiny thing wrong and even knowing I was poorly, threw everything at me. I was warned it could lead to disciplinary action and today, I found out it will.

I feel like they are trying to sack me because they do not want to pay out so much redundancy or discredit me so that I could not apply for a new position within the company.

It has made me feel so upset and because of the stress and the fact that I am still tired all the time, I am now thinking I am depressed. I have a cold now too, also because I am run down. I want to cry as I dont feel like there is anyone to help me and that I am just going to be fired instead of getting the money I have earnt.

When I was signed off for stress back in July, they promised to help support me and help me with my work and from that day to my investigation, I have seen no one.

I can't wait to leave in February but I am starting to think I wont make it till then. They will have fired me before I get there. There are so many things in my job to remember that it is really easy to forget something and they can easily pick that up and use it against me. It wouldnt matter how hard I was working. If they want to get rid of me, they will. :(

On a more positive note, I took advantage of Black Friday. Well it was more Black Saturday at Mr A's. Two hours in the cold but got my DM a 32" tv for £89. She is giving me the money for it. She has £75.00 of vouchers so I am getting those and she is getting a tv for £14! :T I also got a little hoover for my room for £20 and a tablet for £29 which I hope to sell on E B of A for a small profit, closer to xmas.

I feel so ill today and doing a 12hour shift in the freezing cold. (My office has no heating). I am so tempted to call in sick but I dont think it will do me any favours.

Well I managed to write this without crying so :j. I know this is only a bad time and it will pass. Just didnt realise it would be this hard.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

October xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    So sorry to hear that things are so tough for you at the moment.
    Sending you some positivity & energy(Need to send some to me too!!)
    So are you still at work?

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi October

Sorry to hear its all a bit rubbish at the moment.

Whilst I am no certainly expert, I do have some experience in employment law. By disciplinary action I presume you mean a disciplinary hearing. They should have given you a formal letter inviting you to this which should have set out that you are entitled to be accompanied to the hearing by a fellow employee - is there anyone you feel close to at work to support you during the meeting?
    Also, they must follow a fair procedure having properly investigated the matter. Do you have any warnings against you which are still valid? (Warnings should drop off after a certain time). They will need a reason (i.e. if your conduct amounts to gross misconduct or is otherwise serious enough) to skip a stage of the disciplinary process (i.e. to miss a verbal warning/written warning). If an employer follows the steps they are meant to, it isn't that easy to just "get rid" of an employee.
    At the hearing, please put your side across even if you don't think they'll be understanding. Say that you were told you would get support - maybe they've just forgotten about it.
    I guess the jist of what I'm trying to say is please don't think that employer's can just sack employees as they wish and that employees have no rights.

Good luck
    Starting again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family