🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dragons DMP .

Options

Comments

• Aloofdragon
    Options
    :eek: It's blinking cold here this morning.. Proper wintry now !!

Well had a busy few days, work and housework just about up to date, got all my begging letters ready to pop a cheque in which I am posting alongside my info of starting a DMP with stepchange and pretty please with a cherry on top can you please freeze interest :D waiting for a new cheque book to drop through door from new bank as we type... Going to make my stamps work for me as someone told me too ... Makes sense!!

To be quite honest just having a few months off from stressing about paying bills will suffice.:cool:

My free wallpaper turned up yesterday for my hallway and we have had new dado rail sat here for weeks so going to finish that this week, new rail over front door finally up and curtain hung makes a huge difference stopping the draft I need to make or buy a cheepy snake tho. My pc is in my hall tucked under the stairs and spend an hour every morning so need to draft proof area as well as poss.

NSD after NSD here at mo simply as I have got no money there is cash in the bank and Hubby has loads but I won't ask him I would rather clock up NSD's ta very much, I have a lousy relationship with cash I know it comes from being in a relationship for 15 years and being totally skint I have worked from 16 but was with a lazy burger who never worked and running a car and a home on one poor wage with two kids has scarred me for life to the point of food cupboards constantly stocked 'just incase' just incase of what I haven't got a clue, I still think of my wage and hubbys wage even after 10 years of being together which really really hurts him I think I need to source some self help books maybe to try and work through it, especially now as the pressure will be off my shoulders so to speak... I also have to stop the shopping addict side of me I can go weeks and weeks and weeks but then I need a splurge luckily £50 wandering round primark or BHS scratches the itch !!! But I have had an itch for weeks and weeks it's just finding time to go so will leave it til the end of the month and go do a lil Christmas shopping I think..

Right best I shift my bum, talking of bums slim world is going fab having a great week and feel so much more in control already... :T, right time to drag DS out of bed that has been coughing like a loony all night, kinda fits the time schedule he has halfterm next week and is always ill on half term !!!
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Christmas savings £200/£800.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
    Birthday savings £50 /£100.
    100 days #20 Credit union £40/£1150
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    HMMM hope this 5.18am waking up habit disappears quite soon it's driving me potty already... No work today thank goodness going to have a day pottering around the house tidying and starting some decorating in the hallway I had some amazing wallpaper off Eba, also have a friend coming over for a natter later sadly I don't think her relationship will last another year even though they have 2 young kids she has just started working full-time and it's the kind of job that takes over your life completely with over time etc. and he is having to help out 90% more especially whilst she is working 12 hour day shifts doing the both school runs, giving them their tea and baths plus homework. I swear he sees it as if she is out on a jolly with the girls. I went through this exactly with my eldest twos dad I worked 12 hour shifts would then come home home put lil uns to school then housework then bed simply as he refused to help out as he wanted me home 24/7 what is it with some people eh?????

Good lil bit of news my darling boss has listened to my moaning and moaning on my behalf as well as other staff and we have had a little pay rise nothing to be excited about but will certainly clear an extra £150 a month this will all go in the debt pot it wasn't expected so won't be missed.. :D

D/S has a harvest festival today was supposed to be tomorrow according to my diary so one of us will have to miss it as have deliveries coming today I can't afford to miss, also have my eldest dropping his hamster off before he is off to Devon for the weekend with his Mrs lucky devil I could so do with a break right now.. So will have two noisy rodents running round in wheels like nutters our Dog(mad cocker spaniel) will be at her wits end by Monday she watches our Hamster ... who goes by the name of Mo farrah(as he runs and runs and runs) like we watch the t.v:rotfl:

Still waiting on the new cheque book to send off our letters luckily I dated them all the 24th anyway thinking maybe if the DMP kicks off next month they will get paid again on the 25th by S/C..

Right I am going to have a mad steam clean through now whilst everyone is sleeping here.
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Hiyas diary, Stuck in work for 54 mins and counting, has been a lil shift tho so can't really moan. Had our pin numbers through today for Park Hamper customers so vouchers should be here shortly.

Made a dent in Christmas shopping list today have very little to get now thankfully once we have picked up some heavily reduced socks from m+s and some nice sets from Tesco I will also pick up some wine, beer and a bottle of vodka tomorrow whilst I am down there then will have a few nice boxes of chocs to get but will get them after payday.. I am using money left over from over-paying C/C whilst S/C are sorting out the payments.. We vastly over paid this months payments as it is so hoping to get ahead of ourselves now so next month we can start budgeting properly without having to stress about Christmas presents, so can start emergency fund building as we have no back up credit facility thank goodness!! I know some people would think this is the wrong way round to do it but we have massively cut our spending on others down this year plus now 3 of our eldest kids are all working so their budget has dropped loads, I am my worst nightmare I am having to explain myself for every little spend and really there is no need as hubby doesn't ever moan...

Had a row with hubby well words and a sulk lol I know I shouldn't go nosing through his wallet but I do and I also know that he has always always got a stash of cash in there usually around £150 ish which he gets from sctratch card pool in work but he never ever says right lets pop to the shop and I will pay or shall we go out for a nose around shops I have some spare cash and it really really upsets me that he doesn't acknowledge this cash I have hardly ever got a pound in my purse by end of week and I have a huge problem drawing money out of the bank as it is officially 'his' pay that goes in there, this really is my problem as he would never stop me having anything from there. I need to try and sort this out now whilst we have all our financial goings on in the forefront or it will never be sorted, I am not saying he squanders that money he will use it if we need to top electric or gas meters or need bread etc and also he has saved for hol spending etc so I know I shouldn't feel like this but it drives me crazy knowing that I pay for everything whilst we go out or for my son to go to Mcdonalds, or he needs trip money etc... I guess I really need to sort this out 'mine' and 'his' has to stop. We have been together 10 years and I don't begrudge him a thing but gawddddddd !!!

Had a lovely email of Sainsburys yesterday offering me £10 off £50 spend and free delivery on all for next 4 weeks so this will help massively on food budget.

Right I have had my moan now I better do my work :)
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Morning diary we had a phone call off S/C today they had a concern regarding a water rate arrears bill that had been sent to M00rcroft that needs sorting as this is part of a priority debt we had been advised to pay £75 a month to clear these arrears but now they have said that as it has gone to debt collectors we can include into the DMP but they also asked us to add the extra £75 on top of the payment plan without thinking hubby agreed to this, I am just hoping that we can lower this payment Monday or we will be struggling before we even start they are also starting the DMP on 1st of November so that is a massive relief although our debt isn't massive we are now in control of it all,we are a little bit concerned of trying to build an emergency pot with paying this extra £75 a month but on the flip side it will bring our DFD down considerably hopefully when hubby rings Monday we can kinda split it half way and pay extra £30 maybe...

I have a £70 bill on studio catalogue I am going to clear this payday and close down the account just having the account open is temptation enough I MUST START SAVING FOR THINGS I NEED!! not just fancying and buying. Avon is another thing I am going to rip up a crappy order when I get home in the morning there is nothing on there I can't live without and to be honest I only place an order as the girl doing it is a friends sister I can't afford to waste money on stuff I don't need anymore !!

I will then have just my credit union loan to clear and will join the clear debts by Christmas 2015 for this. The total of this at mo is £1331 so will be £1291 by new year so know where I am going with that one. I am trying to run before I can walk as is always my way so decided to call a halt on the challenges for this year apart from NSD and grocery challenge I will continue to build my emergency pot and am going to set my round down accounts thing on in Ll0yds to pay into this and also set up a standing order monthly straight into here, if need be I can get at it instantly through bank if its not at home I cant just squander it.

Hoping willpower and self-control is on offer in Tesc0 this week!

5 Days til payday yay and we are actually still afloat !!
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Aw hurry up pay day lol xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    I know come on payday ! ;)
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Well I haven't a clue why on earth we are still doing this hour shift back and forth twice a year as I was in work at 7.00 am and it was still dark and it was also dark by 5.30 pm so no one really gains anything apart from I ended up working an extra blooming hour !!
    DS scored a goal in football this morning so he is a happy bunny, hubby worked this afternoon so we have had a nice lazy afternoon watching crappy tele and playing games he had an ice-cream off the ice-cream van with money from my newly allotted 'lucky tin'(lucky if there's anything in there)lol, I am sick of going into panic mode for the little extras in life so now if there's money in the tin that is what it will be used for.

Monday again tomorrow the weeks have absolutely flown by last 2 months probably with hubby working silly shifts in work constantly it's hardly surprising we are all feeling it now luckily I am able to swap around in work to get to school run and on odd occasion we use the after school club which he adores anyway which includes a walking bus from the school a hot meal and upto 2.5 hr childcare for £6.40 which is amazing really. Be so glad to see hubby finally get his promotion after we come back from Euro Disney at least then he will be working 9-5 hours a massive improvement for him.

Well just been online S/C site and all the debts etc and payments laid out and our DMP is due to start November the 1st so at last we have a positive amongst this mess, Christmas is just about covered as we have vouchers coming back from Park the little bit of commission will go straight into the emergency pot I need to get that up asap its living for the just in-cases that has got me into this mess so at least if I know we have the money there if Micro breaks down or Fridge goes bang will hopefully help massively.

I need to do some reading into f+f on DC's as have half a dozen very little stupid debts and wondered how little I could actually get away with paying them, as we have gone down the DMP route I just as well make an effort to get debt free on my personal debts too most are from many years ago tho I actually had one a few weeks ago from an old address but I have been living here for 12 years so surely they must just been trying it on?? But nothing will be done this side of Christmas apart from clearing this Studio catalogue and cancelling it completely. And paying my CU loan, which again is very little.

My jobs for this week is to get toys already bought up the attic as my DS has decided to snoop.

Get this hallway decorated we have all the stuff here.

Make a start shutting down gardens for the winter whilst weather is still quite mild. Big bin week this week so can get some rubbish out again.

Do some batch cooking ready for the freezer for meals when I am here on my own to stop me picking...

Catch back up with the ironing.
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    When you drop your mobile bare foot and it misses your toes, and you open the curtains and it isn't raining you wonder if you have slept through Monday but nope I haven't. Today will be a fab Monday x
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Morning diary, went to bed nice and early last night hmmm up at stupid o clock again !!! Will try again tonight though I really need more sleep in a week than I am getting.. Got some filing and tidying done had a cuppa and got some soup cooking in the soup maker for me to take to work.

Came home yesterday to a really snotty letter from the Credit union they have obviously noticed I have stopped their direct debit shame they hadn't noticed I had been into the branch and actually payed more then I have been paying by DD for last two years, sometimes you just can't do right for wrong can you... I have a list of bits for hubby to do whilst I am working today, DS is off school this week and so wish I was off too but I am not hubby and I are passing in the night so to speak I can't remember the last time we actually had 2 days off together it's crazy !!! In fact I don't think we are actually off together until Sunday and then I have to work Saturday night so need to have a few hours but he will take DS to his football club anyway. Things we do to have a few quid in the bank huh this going back a few days a week has been a joke I am practically full-time again which obviously is better financially but family wise its a killer. But to actually be putting cash in the bank a few days before pay day and being able to pay a bill this late in the month with no overdraft is wonderful:T

Thank-you very much for robbing us all last year Mr energy company but £12 free is appreciated. :rotfl:

Thinking about this months money outlay we doubled up our 2 credit card payments, arg0s card payments, paid our giant loan the only thing we haven't done this month is have our pays eaten up by overdraft so even with SC payment coming out next month we should be able to manage fine not having to apy the screaming banshees I just need to slow down a little now C.union proved this week you don't get anything for playing nice we really are just another number on a sheet.

We will have hit our target spending money for Euro Disney when everyone has cleared their park accounts with us so that is something else off the list. What a difference a few weeks makes !!! So all in all we aren't in total dire straights.

I have one main present to get for DS now and I am debating between a HUDL2 or a Samsung galaxy 3 the reviews on HUDL2 are phenomenal so if nice Mr. Tesco drops a few codes around that will be on my hit list pay-day then its just filler bits really we need to get I have told hubby he is to source buy and pick up whatever he wants for his dad as I really haven't a clue !!

Right think I will steam through before I go to work save hubby doing it later x
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    :eek:OOO seems to have missed a few days, not a lot to speak of really had a quiet half term not been far apart from work house work and decorating, have spent very little and actually made it to payday in the black:eek: It is so nice to start the month on an even keel (I am ignoring the fact that we are not paying credit cards loans massive amounts this month) because this is how it has to be for next 5 years... Or less as creditors fall off the ladders.:D

Everyone has payed their hampers in now so have the cash here ready to pay into the bank straight into our Euro pot ready for the end of the month so will need to find out what the going rates are at the mo we usually order them from our local post office use it or lose it as they say.They are quite competitive actually and a lovely friendly bunch we have known for years, the extra cash we had in commission will pay this months council tax and a little left into the Santa pot. I have ordered mine ready for next year and have noticed if I start this month my monthly payments will be £58 instead of £70 from January so if I can manage to put aside £58 before end of the month I will def start this side of Christmas :xmastree: December payment will be fine as Hubby always gets paid after Christmas anyway so its just this one so that's my goal this month. I know we will appreciate the effort come the new year.

Out of our Santa pot I have just ordered the last big present for my DS a new tablet his is dying quicker than the rotten pumpkins I just threw away so we are trying to rescue that to last a few more weeks now, was a fab deal from Currys cheapest online anyway £119.99 but they seem to be matching argos £20 voucher but going one better and giving the £20 cash off so had it for £99.99. BARGAIN !!

Studio was paid yesterday have just under £60 left on the account this is another thing I want cleared but I am undecided on closing the account has had a ping on my credit report yesterday my score has gone up a few points as Studio has upped my credit limit it is good for the score but having catalogues open are a draw for me when depressed so going to have a natter with hubby about that one.

DS has gone to watch Cardiff and Leeds play today with his local football club, hubby is in work so it is all nice clean and quiet need to pick him up teatime so he will sleep tonight no doubt the cheeky monkey was counting down the days in the week to when he can sleep in dads bed as I work one night a week regular!!! :rotfl: kids huh.

I had a lil bit of a splurge on facebook selling site to be honest it is all that is on the list to buy but 10 times better quality and half the price I would have been paying, I had a huge green glass bottomed lamp, a tall cream vase(this wasn't on my list to buy), 2 pairs of matching green and cream curtains beautiful curtains they are and exact size, 2 rolls of wallpaper but 2 open ones free, 2 over the door hangers one I have been looking to buy for a while for DS dressing gown and school bags, and also had a FAB! river island handbag as new and lush with a free smaller RI bag for free all for £40 . The lamp is in my lounge and is an exact match to a floor-lamp a friend gave me, the curtains are in the tumble and will be hung in the week when I have touched up the paint in the kitchen and hubby has put up a curtain pole over my back door to stop the draughts. The wallpaper is for my spare bedroom that my eldest wants to put a sofa bed in so he can stay from time to time if and when he needs too, him and his g/f are moving into her parents house after Christmas so they can save for a deposit so they want a bolt hole for if she is out for the night or they have a row which will inevitably will happen so cheap as chips paper and a lick of magnolia and that room will be done, O and the bags were purely a splurge but complete buy me now bargains!!

The diet is a catastrophe this week !! Next week will be better. :o
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing