BT Broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I tried moving from EE broadband to BT because of traffic management - BT is the only provider that does not have traffic management.

The normal wait for customer services is 10 minutes. Their 'callback' service does not work - I have tried it, nobody calls you back. Customer service was completely clueless. Although they initially said that I could seamlessly transfer to BT, I found out later, a week after my broadband activation was due, that I actually had to call EE to cancel my account with them. This is despite both BT and EE telling me that this would be seamless.

Anyway, 5 phonecalls later, and a cancellation of my current order, then a new order being put in place etc we're still not further forward. It's a nightmare. I really dont want traffic management but this is seriously putting me off!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Current new rules for transfer .
    You transfer through your new provider and do not need to speak to or cancel your old service .
    That is providing you are currently out of contract .
  • Dragon77
    Options
    I signed up recently for a BT Infinity deal where there was a free Sainsbury's voucher plus a free cheque back offer. Typically I have lost the link to submit a claim for the cheque and it is now longer on the MSE website - does anyone know the link for the cheque back please?

The Sainsbury's link is mentioned further up this thread but there was a different one for the cheque.

Thanks!
  • holdon
    holdon Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Any saving offered by BT will be eroded by frustration and annoyance with the BT 'customer services' in the event that a problem should manifest itself, and you can bet it will with BT. I have posted on this and other consumer sites regarding problems with BT customer services and I have never seen anybody praise the non existence of the BT customer service in fact every post I have seen seems to confirm what I am now stating, and some!.
    Leave BT alone if you wish to retain your sanity in preference to any potential savings.
  • hippychick63
    Options
    I've been trying to sign up with BT unlimited fibre broadband since 21 October. I am now onto my 4th order! They say I now have to transfer to their ordinary broadband before being upgraded to their fibre broadband. According to the Government, it's a doddle to change providers - have they tried it recently? It's a joke!
  • Emmm
    Options
    Can anyone please advise me whether BT are morally in breach of contract by increasing the BB rental while under a 1 year fixed price contract. This month they refunded my advanced payment (which they claim one month in advance) for 20 Sep - 17 Oct 15 - almost a whole month, then hiked their Broadband price from £16.65 to £18.00 (8%) and recharged me with no notification. In addition their calculations for the month of transition incurred further costs leading to an overall calls + BB price hike of £3.84 to £27.49 (16%!!) exclusive of line rental. I contacted their help line who were happy to go through the calculation that they had made, and instructed me that the provision for price increase is in the Ts and Cs I signed up to. Am I being naive here? Does anyone else out there thing that a fixed price contract should be something that big companies to stick to once an agreement has been made?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 November 2015 at 2:51PM
    Options
    Morals don't come into it .

Its a fixed price subject to the terms and conditions . The T&C are very clear see this question posted multiple times .
    Exact same for other ISPs .

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/
  • finbarrmc
    Options
    I've tried to sign up today and after i enter my personal details and confirm the next page pops up with an error message, "Sorry... technical problem etc."

I've contacted the BT help and they say they cant progress the signup because its an affiliate offer. There are currently 2 days and 13 hours before the deal runs out.

Can someone from this website see what's going on?
  • MD1234_2
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am only replying with the hope that I may help someone not making the same mistake as me.
    I have switched to BT on the 11th of October 2015 after seeing the offer for £5 per month broadband and £50 voucher. I was promised that my services will be moved from EE on the 27th of October. Of course this never happened due to their fault and they cancelled and re-ordered my broadband several times. It seemed to me that they were either extremely incompetent or they just did not want new costumers. I decided to cancel my account when after being 2 weeks without internet they told me that I need to re-order and I could no longer get the initial offer I signed up to in the first place.
    I moved to SKY with £5 month broadband and £75 voucher. I switched at 6pm on the 9th of November and had internet on the 13th.

I have never experienced such a bad costumer service in my life, they got me to the point that I started crying on the phone because I was getting nowhere. Save yourself the hassle and move to a provider that has good costumer service!
  • AddValue
    Options
    BT are an administrative joke, the customer service while extremely apologetic and bombarding you with calls and emails achieves nothing. They don't seem to have any control of the engineers who will do nothing more than ask you to wait a minimum of two weeks, before delaying then re-scheduling etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure