We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fay wrote: »
    Hmm, go get em Alfie!
    Once alfie gets her metaphorical teeth into the trouser-leg of this shady company......who knows where it will end? smiley-angry007.gif

Today, I saw one of these in my air space:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9MrPABBP7aROV29FNRDVDwBy9aNudWsF_-fhI7XfB3QXoNOtI

Then, a little while later, one of these went over the house:
    Zimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYUWwstPl1f0TABBaDIfkxMln8RVoQJUSiTfvxdidBf7e4synY

I thought, " Hey, has someone started WW3 without telling me?"

I think the first one feeds the second one in-flight, but what were they doing down in this neck of the woods?

Air show?
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Boogar... will have to re set their sat navs for car company ......;)
  • Davesnave
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    Boogar... will have to re set their sat navs for car company ......;)

Yes, I wondered if you'd called-in that favour from Obama....:rotfl:

No 2 was a scary sight. Sounded like a passenger jet, so I didn't look up immediately, but when I did it was practically on top of me.....just cruising.

I think I've said before how the old A bombers used to use the Devon valleys for 'under the radar' practice when I was a kid. They'd scare the life out of us..

Took me right back.....
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    morning all, miss marple here ;)

so far .... the company claim to be a member of the BPA [british parking association] NAH ! got it from BPA , nevr have been, aren't now.
    they are putting cars on a site that has not had PP yet....

ooooooooo im gonna love this one :D

sunny but brisk wind here today

im off to work

have a good day y,all [that's for obhama too ;) ]
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I love it when you are on a mission Alf. :)

Well, those electric daisies are dead again. Sigh. Fir is going to be very upset. It seems we don't have the knack for these. :(
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 June 2015 at 1:43PM
    Options
    Afternoon folks :)

Warm but slightly overcast with some sunny intervals here today.....

I was struggling to get a pic of my mystery plant that is growing up the verandah to the balcony embedded - as opposed to doing a full photobucket linky - when I had a lightbulb moment and realised I knew what it might be. Turns out I was correct and it's a 15' Actinidia Chinensis (kiwi fruit) so DH was right when he said it was a vine of some sort :o

In other garden news, we have our first Freesias flowering - my mum would have loved these, bless her - and the Helianthemum Wisley Pink (in a planter) also has its first three flowers today. The huge Phlomis is also bursting into life, whilst there are roses in bud/bloom everywhere and I've never seen so many buds on a Rambling Rector as we have on our two - one is ours brought from Wilts in a planter that is now being trained over a very tall obelisk whilst the other was planted by the PO and is a much more mature specimen :D

I still have some empty planters though so need another trip to the garden centre ;)

Dave, I had a similar experience with the stealth bomber (is that what it is?) in Wilts - when I told DH what had flown over the garden he didn't believe me!

Alfie, I'm sure you won't let the shysters get away with it....who knows you may even get compensated to the tune of another free holiday, lol :rotfl:

Sun shining now, so the garden beckons....have a good afternoon all x
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Go for it Alfie - I always think it's worth a pursuit of the pains in the nether regions. Don't let them away with owt.

Cold wind here but it's not hissing it down. Very dull.

Feel jiggered as up half the night trying to find some napkin rings I sold, but I'd put them somewhere safe!

OH is chaging his car tomorrow so must go & clip the trees & shrubs at the side of the track as he's become all precious before he even has it. Will have to bus it into Inverness tomorrow - a trip I always love coz you see so much more from a bus.

The garden is a disaster & really given up this year again as as as as as ......there's other stuff to do that shows results.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    hello hello hello :D

well ! ive had the police contact me :eek:
    apparently the council chap I emailed re PP for car parking forwarded my email to them.
    ive just had a call from a Gatwick police woman who says
    they don't have PP to park where they do
    they are illegally running the business and she is gathering evidence to shut them down.
    there is FRAUD involved..
    AND the agents [who kindly passed the buck] seem to be agents for only illegal companies !

policewoman visited parking site and got her police bmw 4x4 STUCK in the mud !! she said there was other people who had been palmed off by them ..

SO... me thinks the gloves are off....;)
  • Davesnave
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    . me thinks the gloves are off....;)

Certainly are :T, but if they're a crooked outfit, not just individuals within a legit business, then compo will be nigh on impossible in the short term.

Let's hope the fuzz seize their assets...smiley-char016.gif

....and twist them! smiley-char030.gif
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Certainly are :T, but if they're a crooked outfit, not just individuals within a legit business, then compo will be nigh on impossible in the short term.

Let's hope the fuzz seize their assets...smiley-char016.gif

....and twist them! smiley-char030.gif

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

im sort of bluffing at the moment that I will keep stuum if they cough up..
    they don't know how big the police investigation is ;)

ive also told them that via the media I will put their company to the top of the list....the BAD list :D

either way I will get some satisfaction of helping to put them outa business so they don't rip anyone else off !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure