We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2015 at 10:38PM
    Options
    fbbeaaed-5e80-4f5b-94d2-d0f3ca88f801_zpslgubq1yn.jpg

B&Q haul. The South African plant Polygala myrtifolia (Sweet Pea Bush) isn't remotely hardy in Scotland, so will be potted-up, but was 50% off as its plastic pot was split.

I've broken my rule of never planting ivy, but in this case it'll just trail over pots not be on a wall. Each of the six pots in tray has 4 or 5 ivy plants in it, so that's 25ish for £6.

Actually, I've broken two rules by getting the Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Ellwoodii' having vowed not to plant a vernacular 'Scottish' garden using conifers...

Visited dad in hospital, seems he has kidney swelling/infection due to poor flow into bladder/back-pressure but is responding to anti-biotics.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    10007038_583427018460440_4754223594774897442_n.jpg?oh=bfa888ae2b19f4a75c5e0f3361a5f5f7&oe=5606CE78
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    IHS you must find solace in the garden, with all the worries you have re Mum & Dad. Let's hope they both make it back home together soon. :)

I've been visiting other gardens, as it was the annual Gardens Open Day in the little town nearby. For a fiver, people get to visit 21 gardens, ranging from a 10' x 10' courtyard to plots of an acre or so. I'll post a piccie later if I haven't crashed....:o

Anyway, it was a lovely afternoon, taking us away from our wayward plot into some beautifully manicured oases of calm.

I look upon those gardens as being what I'll probably end up with, hopefully not for 10 years or so, but one never knows....It's not too depressing.

While going around, I met a friend and former 'neighbou,r' who sold his house and 13 acres of garden and woodland earlier this year to downsize.

"You've no idea how nice it is not to be out brushcutting every day!" he informed me.

Hmmm... I think I do know! :o
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blimmin' camera was set to the wrong resolution, so my photos from yesterday are not good. :mad:

Also my security software is blocking the image host so effectively that I can't put a picture up yet! :o

Nice morning.....:)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    good morning... just had mr dog warden round... he thought it was bimble too !! bims must have a norty face ..;)

anyway he told me the police even struggled to find a mark let alone the "bite"... so iv undertaken to control scruffy dog..:rotfl:

lovely day here but crisp breeze that warrants putting on/off a cardi...

really need to get rest of my bedding plants out before too late ! time waits for no plant..:D

lots of errands to do today so will be a bit backwards/forwards...

im sat at mo multi tasking.. im on HOLD and thanked for being patient re my insurance claim as ive somehow/where lost 3 pairs of my glasses ! my reading and 2 driving.. I took them on hols as one pair of driving [long distance] were tinted sun reactors and I thought ideal sunnies :o... think I left bag with them in in hotel/taxi or airport or plane !!... not a clue but im driving at mo with an old pair with the obligatory Elastoplast holding on the sat on/broken off arm ....

anyway that's now sorted ... well will be when ive filled out 2000 forms and got 101 bits of info for them... hey ho :p

right off on next mission... have a good day y'all
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    whoopy doo.... ive just been offered by parking co. £10 to get my car cleaned ........................................................................

apparently sounds like I should have a pair of ramps? with me to inspect my car underneath.....................................................

not often alf's speechless ............
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    edited 8 June 2015 at 6:07PM
    Options
    hi all....

cool here today but at least dry !

just had my sat nav "looked at" and my car was parked at a place called black corner wood.... the clue is in the title !! ive oogle earthed it and it is indeed some sort of farm/wood ...
    be interesting to see if they have PP/insurance for all this car parking ;)

im jinxed with this car !!:(

just found they have put in for retrospective PP.... ring a bell CTC....
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmm, go get em Alfie!
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    be interesting to see if they have PP/insurance for all this car parking

A 'letter before action' would seem appropriate.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    A 'letter before action' would seem appropriate.

done that.... they offered £10 to wash car !:mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport