We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 6 June 2015 at 10:40PM
    Options
    make sure none of your animogs get to the laburnum FK...

ive mowed and hedge trimmed today :D
    also walked the fields with postie re cutting for hay, we think 2 out of 3 fields will be ok..

had a looooong bath and hair wash and feel human now ..
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    FK....im assuming your neighbour has put a track/entrance where there wasn't one before ? is it off the highway then ?

I know it can be done between ones own land ie linking two fields .
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 June 2015 at 11:13AM
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lovely - if exhausting with all that travel - day off FK :D Great bargains there too - we have a weeping standard laburnum (also bought in Wiltshire before we moved away last year) that iirc we paid around £50 for......ours was in a very large planter till we got in the ground this Spring and whilst it's doing ok now, it didn't flower at all this year, unlike the much larger tree we *found* growing here :rotfl:

We've had another sunny day, although breezier and somewhat cooler so no dining alfresco tonight. I managed to get the Ligularia Desdemona planted, plus a large clump of Lupinus Masterpiece as well as ripping out loads of weed-like yellow geums that were taking over some of the beds :( Had another discovery too - a clematis Nelly Moser that was hidden amongst the pesky geums.....

DH surprised me by whisking me out for lunch in my favourite coffee shop in the village too :D

Planning to visit a NGS open garden tomorrow - apparently it has a shell grotto, which is something I hope to do here, so that will be interesting - hopefully the weather will stay fine......

Lots of screech owl activity outside tonight, so expect a cacophony of barking to erupt from our two any minute, lol!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I cannot wait to cut our laburnum down, lol.

But I do quite fancy growing wisteria as a tree the more I think about it. It would just be a matter of where. Its probably not going to happen here. Great pity. I could try and squeeze something in the front garden, but would have to think about shape because the best place for design would be in the corner but that would overhang where the cows cross and wisteria is poisonous so not a great idea!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's been a disgusting day weatherwise - like Monsoon weather.

Got quite a bit done indoors so that was good. The guy who is coming to do stuff is really good & very turn is hand to most stuff & also well over 6ft so handy when doing high up stuff.

Hairy cat shamed himself in a corner of the house - but really we should of been paying better attention to him needing out.
    Thought the swallow babies had perished as there wasn't a cheep out of them today, but I nipped back out to the house later on this evening & they were cheeping away so must have been all the racket that made them quiet. Nail guns & power saws don't really instil peace & stillness for the poor wee things.

Sorry not to be very good at commenting on others progress & adventures - I read everything & now forgot whose been to what garden open & stalls - it is always a pleasure to read about all the Dreamers - thank you.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    I just cant wait to get a pic of you stood in the doorway of your new house and not the caravan :j

we must ALL have an extra choille day fire that day !!;)
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can wait, but not much longer. I am really chuckers with the caravan, - probably because the weather has been sooooooooo shoite & the constant noise is wearing.

I am so pleased at the way OH & James are working out the stair & it's complex, but really coming on, once that's in it will enable us to shove stuff up there & get a clear work area in the bedroom. The bedrooms all plastered, but no paint or paper or rads hung or wiring in there as yet - ensuite is nearly all plumbed, but , but , but- basically it's a very complex
    thing - but we will get there soon - & then I will have a fire.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Well hubby and youngest injoyed last night

2 of the black star riders (band, which has members from thin Lizzy) played a very low key event at a HA club house. Before going on tour with the band. Sorry I didn't go now,

I seen on utube a guy making cuttings from shop bought bunches of roses.. So I bought a bunch yesterday in lidl and going to have a go.

Weather was nice and sunny, but getting a bit overcast out there,

Yes it will be great to see you standing in the doorway choille when you move in.. And def a day of partying on here...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dave did you say your good lady went to the Devon tobyfest? What was the overall opinion? I remember you saying pitches were cheaper, I'd be interested to see what visitor numbers were like compared to the first year...

She went, but as a customer. The price I referred to was the entrance fee, which was about half that of the Wilts gig, but we're tight down here! :rotfl:

She said it was 'OK' but I think she only went because her friend wanted to go, and she also wanted a chinwag with a few of our ex-rivals. One didn't appear to recognise her, which means either she's aged a lot, or he's half doolally now, being well past retirement age! :D

Mr Dog owns a laburnum, but as our sheep can't get to it, it's no problem.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    G'day all....:D

ive had a lazy day so far :j went to a car boot sale and had a good browse .. got some nice throws for when I decamp the summer house of hay etc...:o I intend to have some old chairs, table etc in there.. only thing is its not really IN the sun ?? it gets the evening sun [assume ideal for old lady PO] I could try to move it but not sure if that would be succesfull so it remains in situ for now. ive got some clematis etc to grow over it and pots of plants to surround it. its at the end of the lawn so im potting rather than digging beds.. im going to weed kill the drive AGAIN... ive tried allsorts and some die others seem to thrive...??

im determined to have a colourfull garden this year...:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport