Working towards being debt free and a new house.

Options

Comments

• dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning diary :)
    Woohoo it's only bley Friday :D and it's payday too!
    DH got paid £1 more than I'd calculated :rotfl: but at least his pay was correct :)
    My parents sent me £25 they owed me too which is a bonus :j
    Means after all bills are paid I should hopefully have about £40 spare to last over the weekend.
    Next target, 4th march so I can pay my credit card bill :) 5 days to go :)
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hooray for payday :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've given you a :rotfl: for each day you have to wait until C/C bill is paid

extra £1 was nice, much better than being a £1 down ;)

DB
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Hooray for payday :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've given you a :rotfl: for each day you have to wait until C/C bill is paid

extra £1 was nice, much better than being a £1 down ;)

DB

:rotfl: funny thing is DH got paid loads but it's all already been accounted for, so it feels like a bit of an anti climax :o
    I suppose I should say 4 days to go now but seeings as I'm at work and haven't been to bed yet it's not really :D
    Best thing about working weekends is it passes in a bit of a blur and next thing I know it's Monday :j
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • dipdap
    Options
    Morning diary :)
    It's Monday :j at least the weekend went quickly for me :D
    Better get online and start paying some bills. I forgot the storage unit needs to be paid by tomorrow :eek:
    Payment covers 28 days so this month is a 2 payment month :mad:
  • dipdap
    Options
    £9,575 loan 1
    £4,846 loan 2
    £2,256 CC 1
    £860 CC 2
    £3,488 CC 3
    £172 CC 4

Total outstanding £21,197

CC 4 doesn't really count as that one is wiped off every month now, it was only used for emergency shopping online (the physical card is in 2 pieces :rotfl: )
    It should be back to zero at the end of this month :)

Hoping to get the debt down below £20k by the end of this month :j
    29 days till DH gets his bonus :j
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    dipdap wrote: »
    £9,575 loan 1
    £4,846 loan 2
    £2,256 CC 1
    £860 CC 2
    £3,488 CC 3
    £172 CC 4

Total outstanding £21,197

CC 4 doesn't really count as that one is wiped off every month now, it was only used for emergency shopping online (the physical card is in 2 pieces :rotfl: )
    It should be back to zero at the end of this month :)

Hoping to get the debt down below £20k by the end of this month :j
    29 days till DH gets his bonus :j

I reckon CC2 will be wiped out very soon :T not much outstanding on that one ;)

Keep us updated with your success
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• dipdap
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    I reckon CC2 will be wiped out very soon :T not much outstanding on that one ;)

Keep us updated with your success

Hey DB :)
    It would be if the 0% on CC 1 didn't finish first :)
    It's a heck of a push but I'm hoping to have CC 1 cleared off by the end of next month :eek:
    At least once the first ones gone the second one won't be far behind :j
    Ultimate challenge, clear all 3 before we move :j
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    I'm still rooting for you, whichever order you do them in.

It may be a push but sometimes we have to push ourselves, sometimes out of our comfort zone too, to achieve our goals. You are doing really well and you should be so proud of yourself.

Here I go cheering you on from the sidelines :T :T :T

DB

• dipdap
    Options
    Thanx Hun :)
    I think I'm gonna have to post on here more often (even though most of it will be gibberish)
    Really need to stay focused and keep motivated, we spent over £50 on grocery shopping at the weekend (went shopping without a list :mad: ) and I haven't done meal plans for a while.
    I'm slacking :o
  • dipdap
    edited 3 March 2015 at 10:35AM
    Options
    Ooooh new page, new list :D
    I do like a good to do list!

- Get debts below £20k (we can do this this month, I know we can:D )

- Close one of my credit cards (not sure this will happen for a while but keeping it here to remind me :) )

- Work out exactly how much we need to shell out on completion :(

- Practice my German more (I've been slacking at this for ages, really need a kick up the bum!)

- Lose some weight :D (I did so well, but it's creeping back up again now :eek: )
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback