EE/Orange/T-Mobile - Reclaim ALL price rises AND cancel contract re T&C change - 2

Options

Comments

• jk_daniel
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. Contract was due to expire on 12th Nov.
    I called EE on 12th Oct to give a 30days termination notice, but when asked about moving my number,
    they said once the termination notice is given I won't be able to take the number.
    For that I have to apply for a PAC code but will be charged a 1 month fee for that.
    I asked if i can do it just before my contract expires,
    The agent said in that case there will be a very minimal or pro-rata charged depending on how many days remaining in the contract.
    I sticked to that plan.
    On 7th Nov i asked EE for the PAC code and my number was transferred to O2 on the 10th Nov. (just 2 days before my contract expires)
    Being on a Business Number i cannot afford to keep my number in the middle of PAC transfer for a single day.
    I'm surprised they charged me 21£ early termination fee.
    In my opinion these charges are illegal since i have already paid the last (24th month)'s bill in Advance and
    i can't understand why would i be charged 21£ to move to another network just 2 days before my contract finishes.
  • leonardo
    leonardo Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am asking for help. The amount of info. available on this thread has genuinely overwhelmed me.

T-mobile customer since 14/03/2011.

29/06/12 - I changed to a new price plan with them. I suppose this is a new contract.

I am still with them since then - no changes to my contract. I want to leave them asap. I want to keep my number and move to BT mobile.

If I can do it immediately, I would like to know how. I want to avoid paying them for the one month transition period (referring to 30 days notice).

Is any of this 'reclaim all price rises & cancel contract' applicable to me please?

I'm not being lazy, I have read through the info. provided - but am unsure if my circumstances fit this process, and of how quickly I can get out of this contract without wasting resources.

My sincere and genuine thanks, to any willing to help.
  • Dird
    Dird Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shouldn't these be easy to get out of? http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/gc9/statement/guidance.pdf
    A1.2 give its Subscribers adequate notice not shorter than one month of any modifications likely to be of material detriment to that Subscriber
    By giving 1 month notice they are acknowledging that the modifications are of material detriment
    A1.3 Ofcom is likely to treat any price increase to the agreed core subscription price during the fixed term of a telecommunications contract as a modification that is of, or is likely to be of, material detriment to consume.
    Mortgage (Nov 15): £79,950 | Mortgage (May 19): £71,754 | Mortgage (Sep 22): £0
    Cashback sites: £900 | £30k in 2016: £30,300 (101%)
  • Rozapk
    Rozapk Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    great
    thanks
  • dupedtwice
    Options
    Hi RandomCurve,

I have just had a judgement against me in a complaint about T-Mobile to CISAS on the basis that I did not respond to a written notification within 30 days, in accordance with the Ombudsman's procedures. This was simply because I did not receive this letter and the first I knew was when I received a text to give me 30 days warning of the increase in price, and I wrote to T-Mobile (EE) within 10 days.

The T-Mobile contract was 24-months fixed that ran from end Dec 2013 to end Dec 2015 when I cancelled. The notification of increase was received via text on 10 May, at around month 17 of the contract.

Owing to geographical issues, EE is the only provider that can cover my home and surrounding area, so I was forced to re-contract with EE as a new customer on 26 Dec 2015. I received another text notification on 22 February warning of the impending increase in May and am livid. I have been on contract less than 8 weeks at the time of receipt of the text, therefore any letter would have to have been sent before the end of February. Again, no letter received.

Despite receiving bills, all these extraordinary customer-service letters are not reaching me. This will be the third occasion now.

I wanted to ask whether the letter at the beginning of this thread is appropriate for the 2016 price increase as I know they are moving and adapting tactics quickly? If not have you a later thread. If I am successful this time, I intend to ask the CISAS to re-open my original claim and re-evaluate. The ombudsman told me on the phone that "having spoken to [me], I remain utterly convinced that you did not receive the letter, however without positive proof that you did not receive something, there is little I can compel T-Mobile to do".

I would welcome your thoughts, and thank you for the guidance you have already provided to the group.

Many thanks.

All best,
    dupedtwice ;(
  • Cindy12
    Cindy12 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Do they consider a sim only to be a contract ?
  • Tanarif
    Tanarif Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad to see people are standing up to the big companies - in numbers too!
    Huge thank you to those who organize these kind of things and get the word out to the rest of us - I can't even imagine how much money you have recouped for people. Hats off to you guys.
  • Jake0307
    Jake0307 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Big ask. I'm pretty sure it's in the T&C's that the provider has the right to increase prices in-line with inflation etc.
    :T :money: :T
  • benten69
    benten69 Posts: 366 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Question....I've been with orange / EE for YEARS. I remember the first "price hike" text I got from orange back in 2010.

I do not want to leave them, as I actually like their service, but if I can get my money back, it would be nice. Can I simply send the first e-mail asking to refund monies without asking for a PAC code, and then follow it on from there? Don't want my account or anything to get locked or be forced to leave them, but just want any "price hike" payments refunded.
  • Becci1986
    Options
    Hello I'm wondering if you could give me some advice. Four years ago I ended a contract with orange as I fell behind on payments and didn't want to renew my contract. Four years later orange have sold my contract to Lowell finance limited who are asking me for £749.03. We've run them as I have had no correspondence for four years and the contract was ended and bill was quashed back four years ago. They tell us that £325.79 was air time debt and the remaining £423.24 was an early termination fee. As we told Lowell we have no documentation from orange because it was finished four years ago and I have had no documentation since, not a single letter, but they tell me orange are insisting that the contract is still open. I have now found out from Lowell that this has impacted my credit score and is logged on Experian and will be there for 5 years. I have applied and been successful for 2 jobs in a bank but have been refused after a credit check and now I know why. What can I do?

Kind regards

Rebecca Mills
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family