Anyone playing Destiny?

Options

Comments

• Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sky have an ulterior motive though as they want you to make full use of their on demand service on their tv boxes. they are always sending us little videos to our on demand via the satelite telling us what we are missing and how to ensure we make the most of on demand. thats because we hardly bother connecting it to the net.
    i dont believe my pc has any internet speed issues.
    its not related but sky also keep sending us emails pushing sky go and saying how we are missing out. we dont want sky go. we dont have a smart phone or an ipad etc so have no way of using it anyway but they keep pushing.

Don't forget sky go is free, I use it, its great. I think you can get it set up on some games consoles too, which is handy if say you / your kids take there console to a mates house - they can watch sky there.
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Niv wrote: »
    Don't forget sky go is free, I use it, its great. I think you can get it set up on some games consoles too, which is handy if say you / your kids take there console to a mates house - they can watch sky there.

it would be rare to take my console to someone elses house and if i did it would likely be to play games. sky go may well be free but once you register if you ever reduce your sky package a £5 per month charge automatically comes into effect.
  • szam_
    szam_ Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fastrez wrote: »
    I think the critics are being a bit too harsh on Destiny. good fun with mates, but those bosses take way too long to kill, as if the fireteams were intended to be more than three people. Those battles get boring after the first ten minutes.

Did my first hard modes last night with two friends, I definitely don't think they took too long to down. We never wiped and I was very under geared as I was 19. Bosses took up to around 5 minutes including taking down adds etc - it's teamwork that prevailed really as they had done the same dungeon about 2 hours prior with someone else less skilled but much better geared and wiped a few times.

I don't know if classes adhere to MMO logic in Destiny (tank and DPS), but as a Titan I seemed to be-able to draw aggro a lot, making it easier for my friends to pick their spots and unleash hell, which was a good plan as I was hitting like a wet fish.
    Professional Data Monkey

• Chatalouge
    Options
    I love it! I'm level 24 hunter class. When i first got it i thought it broke the kinect on my xbox one cause the infrared lights kept going out when i played it but i later found out it does that so you get the full 1080p :cool: graphics are amazing and the game play is smooth. Someone else mentioned about you getting server booted all the time, this is frustrating as hell, i was in a 6 player co-op and we almost defeated the final boss and it kicked :mad:

The tower world has hidden classes for you to join and keep your strange coins. Some guy called zur appears every friday through to sunday and you can trade your strange coins for exotic weapons instead of trying to complete the impossible exotic weapon bounties. My exotic weapon bounty started by having to kill 500 things in the hive on the moon, now i have to kill 500 people with a weapon that causes void damage in the crucible, but i only have a shotgun that does void damage. You get 4 points for every kill towards the bounty but 2 points off every time you die. I'm on 160/500 and have been trying it for 2 days, i'm thinking of discarding it :rotfl:
  • REDDDRAGGON
    Options
    I've already traded it in, decided to do it while it still had good value and CEX were giving £38 trade in value.
  • Andy_89
    Andy_89 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    fastrez wrote: »
    I think the critics are being a bit too harsh on Destiny. good fun with mates, but those bosses take way too long to kill, as if the fireteams were intended to be more than three people. Those battles get boring after the first ten minutes.

Definitely. I did the Moon strike mission, there were 4/5 of us who wanted to do it together - obviously couldn't do it.

Cruicible is the only thing that thing that 5 of us can do. I find the net code online a bit dubious.
  • szam_
    Options
    Andy_89 wrote: »
    Definitely. I did the Moon strike mission, there were 4/5 of us who wanted to do it together - obviously couldn't do it.

Cruicible is the only thing that thing that 5 of us can do. I find the net code online a bit dubious.

This.

This weekend there were always at least 4 of us online, we wanted to do something but can't because one of us doesn't like the Crucible, we can't raid just yet because one of us is under geared, that being said, being 25-26 in gear is probably a must have by the sounds of it, perhaps one person 23/24 in gear would be fine however.

It's a saving grace really that you may need to go farm Helium Filaments on the Moon for future upgrades as I had to, or Iron on Mars as a friend had to, go looking for chests perhaps, and partake in any world events that may happen. Reputation farming too can be a bit of a drag, but it's an MMO and you have to take the highs with the lows. I finally got my rank two Vanguard and first Legendary item (that was actually for my class as I had gotten Warlock gauntlets from a random drop).
    Professional Data Monkey

• Andy_89
    Options
    Well the 'loot cave' has gone! R.I.P

Starting to get a little bored with reruns of the same missions, over and over again. At least with the 'loot cave' you managed to get some reward for the endless monotony.

I am hearing first DLC in December - I may have to buy Fifa.
  • szam_
    Options
    Andy_89 wrote: »
    Well the 'loot cave' has gone! R.I.P

Starting to get a little bored with reruns of the same missions, over and over again. At least with the 'loot cave' you managed to get some reward for the endless monotony.

I am hearing first DLC in December - I may have to buy Fifa.

Have you done Vault of Glass or the Nightfall weekly?

I'm preparing to do VoG this Sunday with friends. Nightfall was attempted last night, got to the group of Vex just before the boss before we wiped and called it a day on that, it's incredibly hard, but fun. We wiped a few times in the first room, I think we underestimated how hard it would be, so played it smart from then on, however the first room did take a good 10-15 minutes to clear the 3 servitors.
    Professional Data Monkey

• Andy_89
    Options
    szam_ wrote: »
    Have you done Vault of Glass or the Nightfall weekly?

I'm preparing to do VoG this Sunday with friends. Nightfall was attempted last night, got to the group of Vex just before the boss before we wiped and called it a day on that, it's incredibly hard, but fun. We wiped a few times in the first room, I think we underestimated how hard it would be, so played it smart from then on, however the first room did take a good 10-15 minutes to clear the 3 servitors.

I am only light level 23 - so I am not strong enough yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure