Anyone playing Destiny?

Options
Hi all.

Anyone got Destiny (particularly the PS3 version) and got a true opinion?

Reviews are still in progress and player reviews on Metacritic are the usual trolltasticness.

Comments

• PenguinJim
    Options
    I saw this a few hours ago: http://i.imgur.com/h7cftPV.jpg?1

So I'll wait for the high-res version.

But the beta was quite good. I almost picked Destiny up for ~£31 a few hours ago. If I had a PS3 and could get it for £31, I imagine I would (assuming PSN service was good in my area).
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • RobCR_2
    Options
    I hope destiny comes out on PC soon, for the time being it means I can save up for a new comp for me to run it haha
  • szam_
    szam_ Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would have been playing if Sky hadn't messed up my new address. Been without broadband for 5 weeks, hopefully I can play Monday evening. My friends who are playing have gone incredibly quiet, so I'm taking that as a message that it's a very good game.
    Professional Data Monkey

• AlecEiffel
    Options
    Cool, cheers for the replies. I am very tempted to pick it up. Only really holding off due to my backlog of longish games - half of rdr, all of ac4bf, xcom, borderlands 2.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,003 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My son-in-law loves it.. he has ps4 version and spent every spare minute playing since release.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    was considering it until i saw it is online only. then i saw it wants a large chunk of your hard drive as well.
  • AlecEiffel
    Options
    was considering it until i saw it is online only. then i saw it wants a large chunk of your hard drive as well.

Is it the fact that it's online only that puts you off? Apparently it's still soloable, though I think you do run across other players going about their business.

The install size doesn't bug me. My 120GB PS3 slim has never had less than about 70 GB free! (I generally only keep installs and saves for games I'm yet to complete. If I want to replay I reinstall (so many games yet to play and too little time these days I rarely get a chance to replay)).
  • RobTang
    RobTang Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    I'm finding it quite dull actually it's pretty but it's just not interesting. The combat it's pretty good but really it feels like a generic shooter with some extra char persistence, it kind of tries to make you play consistently but not because it's inherently fun but more just to advance a bit further.

I would say its lie a cross between halo and borderlands if you stripped away everything that made either fun or interesting.

Havnt played too much of it yet but def but I don't think this will be one of this years gaming highlights
  • dobs
    dobs Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it online only? My sons asking for this for Xmas but he says its £80 through psn (ps3) but can get it on disc for £40?
    grocery challenge jan 17 £ / 350.00
  • AlecEiffel
    AlecEiffel Posts: 874 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2014 at 1:27PM
    Options
    dobs wrote: »
    Is it online only? My sons asking for this for Xmas but he says its £80 through psn (ps3) but can get it on disc for £40?
    You need an internet connection to play. You can play it on your own but will come across other real player's characters through the game world.

At £80 that PSN version is a special edition (Guardian Digital Edition) package that includes a pass for the upcoming DLC plus other bits n bobs (can get just the basic game also on PSN for about £50), whereas the disc at £40 will be the basic game only, and the DLC will need to be purchased separately or with a season pass.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure