sky broadband new £192 deal m&s gift

Options

Comments

• itsamysterytome
    Options
    Hi
    I don't normally shop in M&S - does anyone know if these M&S vouchers are like gift vouchers to spend on what you want, or money-off vouchers, like £25 off if you spend £100 on clothes?
    Cheers
  • wongduan
    Options
    I signed up through MSE website and completed everything.I then received the voucher window email.At the top of email it said "voucher code accepted"but then proceded to say finish purchase by following this email.Trouble is the purchase had already been completed and when i clicked on sky link it just took me back to start of purchase again.
    Does anyone know if i did it correctly or am i missing something?

Many Thanks
  • itsamysterytome
    Options
    Wongduan, I've not signed up yet but did you see Gray5000 message above about the voucher window? .
  • wongduan
    wongduan Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 7 September 2014 at 3:16PM
    Options
    Wongduan, I've not signed up yet but did you see Gray5000 message above about the voucher window? .

Your voucher code has been accepted.
    Earn up to £192 in Vouchers* when you purchase Sky Broadband Unlimited as a new customer online through MoneySavingExpert.
    Available September 5th to midnight September 11th.
    To complete your purchase and get your offer (and your exclusive vouchers) you simply need to follow the steps to complete this form which will then take you to the link site. Please note the Sky site will only reflect the £100 voucher - the £92 exclusive additional voucher will not be shown. Complete your purchase online, and we will then send you your M&S vouchers within 90 days of activation. This offer is only available through MoneySavingExpert and only fulfilled when the whole transaction is completed online through the aforementioned website.
    MoneySavingExpert are offering online-exclusive vouchers with the Sky Broadband Unlimited offer below:
    1. £100 M&S voucher + £92 M&S e-voucher available to new Sky Broadband customers taking Broadband Unlimited (one £100 Voucher fulfilled by Sky & one £92 Voucher fulfilled by Affiliate Window via email), these will arrive separately.
    This is what the email said.
    I got sent this after i had completed purchase,so i found it confusing as when i clicked link it took me back to the sky purchase page again,which i had already done.I followed all the links from MSE correctly.
  • josephinekt20
    Options
    Hello yes the same thing happened to me - a one-off cost of £20 appeared in my backet. Click the link to see what it is for and it turns out to be for 'Line Transfer' - not a new line as suggested in the MSE description of the deal. I went on to Live Chat and the Sky operator confirmed that this is actually a fee to set your phone line up with Sky, not for a new line (I am transferring from Talk Talk). Still a heck of a deal, though, so I went ahead anyway - just waiting to see if both vouchers (£100 and £92) materialise!!!
  • sweetbutternut
    Options
    I am a Now TV customer. Now TV is powered by SKY - does anyone know if I will qualify for the deal?
  • Furrybear
    Options
    Does anyone know what the deal is if you want fibre with this offer?

I called Sky and spoke to a polite lady who said that I would still get the vouchers BUT when I told her that I wouldn't be able to apply with her and I had to go through MSE she became rude and then told me I should contact MSE (how exactly??) for "questions like these" and then hung up.

I'm not sure I should rely on her knowledge of the offer as she only wanted to sign me up for the comission herself, so does anyone (perhaps from MSE?) know what I'd get and what I'd have to pay?

@MSE in this day and age with more people moving to fibre you should detail what those people could expect as well!
  • itsamysterytome
    Options
    Has anyone seen anything about the broadband contract for this deal being for two years?
    I signed up for this Sky deal yesterday - it looks such an amazing deal and come up just when I needed it.
    I understood I would be free to cancel contract after 12months without penalty.

However, when I called Virgin today to cancel my package with them, they advised that the small print for this Sky deal means that although the deal is for 12months, if I cancel in 12months I will be charged for terminating early as the broadband contract for this deal is 24months.
    I've checked Sky t&c, but I cannot see this specified anywhere - all I see is that this deal is for 12months then charge goes up to £10 a month for broadband (on top of line rental).

Anyone know if we are free to cancel this deal after 12montsh without penalty?
  • nasrin84
    Options
    Hi All

This is my first post!!

I have been trying to purchase this offer since Sat and no joy. I follow the link which takes me to sky. I fill in all my details then it does a customer status check. Which for some reason keeps saying I already have an account!! which I don't!

I rang sky and they said that there was no account under my name and to contact mse and its an error on there part and nothing they can do!!! someone help!!

I don't want to miss out on a years free broadband and vouchers!!
  • Edwardbear
    Options
    I applied for Sky broadband unlimited £192 voucher offer, MSE voucher accepted , but then on Sky's website when i apply they say an error has occurred and ask me to phone a number.I have NEVER been a Sky customer and as phoning them will mean this invalidates the online application i am stuck.Also is the Sky page a scam set up?The deal is getting worse if you factor in a £20 line transfer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure