I am such an idiot! When will I learn?

Options

Comments

• judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Busy Me - nice to hear that your son has qualified and is working. It is a long haul but a good career eventually! Just wish DD2 would do something a little more challenging she got good A levels but has no idea what she wants to do! I guess I shouldn't complain as she works full time - but I know she is not really happy in her job!

George Preston - not sure your advice re Paypaln and the IVA is for me? I am not at that stage - and hopefully won't need one - if i get my act together

In relation to parking ticket - looks like it is legit and i will have to bite the bullit and pay! But thanks for the advice Ampersand and Bedsit Bob
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GP sounds like an ad for a charging company. It's his first post. Reported as spam.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • judi24
    Options
    Thanks Verbatim - didn't even think of that! thought it was a strange post though!
  • judi24
    edited 1 October 2014 at 11:36PM
    Options
    Well not much to report in relation to MSE today - appart from me resisting the urge to take kids for tea to celebrate starting my new job! In the past I probably wouldn't of thought twice about it!

New job seems ok so far - everyone is lovely but I already have a list of issues to address. I just need to think about how and what to do first! It is the kind of place tha Christmas gifts will be exchanged so I am well on the way with my foraging concoctions (blackberry brandy and elderberry gin) - will try to find some small cheap or free bottles so I can give it as gifts along with some home made sweets or cakes!

I know others on here have talked about the lull after payday in relation to MSE activity/debt payment - thats how I feel - just waiting for next payday - only 23 days to go!!!!

Will try to update signature tomorrow - now that loan payment has gone!
  • judi24
    Options
    Not a lot to report - no money spent and no real MSE activity except updating signature - which felt good! Having a quiet weekend doing uni work so won't be spending much - don't need any food shopping except bread, milk and toilet roll - Younger kids rae at thier dads so don't even need to entertain them so going to be a hermit and stay in the study until my work is done!!! so if you catch me on here please feel free to shout at me!

22 days til payday!!!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    judi - on our 5 OS Pleasures in your day Thread, an nsd or npd[no spend day/no petrol day] is celebrated:-)

So, above post reAds:

:jNSD!!!!!:j AND updated siggie:D:D:D

Do not pay for bottles of any kind.
    Hover near local bottle bank and interrupt someone about to post for bottles or once again, just put word out.
    Ask on Freecycle.
    I'm really pleased the foraging has been such a good trigger.

New workplace peeps will know this is what you do, fullstop, so you will not be climbing onto that spendy-go-round in the first place.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• judi24
    edited 3 October 2014 at 8:37AM
    Options
    Thanks Ampersand - good advice re bottles - I need little ones rather than wine bottle size. Going to make up minatures and do some shortbread and scottish tablet tied with tartan ribbon in little bags for people at work I think - definately wont be jumping on the spandy band wagon with Christmas gifts!

Will have a look over at the 5 OS pleasures board later - thanks for the tip

Checked my banks this morning - I have £180 in my bank and £10 in my purse to last til payday on the 24th - I have a full tank of fuel and food in freezer and cupboards (will need so fresh bits next week) - so should be ok as not much planned except trip ro DD1 next week but even that should be quite low cost (my dad will take us out to eat I expect!)

Right off to work!!!
  • bess1234_2
    bess1234_2 Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    I once used the mini bottles of wine for presents. Had to drink a lot just to get the little bottles!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::beer:
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooh, do I do this now? ' so if you catch me on here please feel free to shout at me! '
    #
    Another Ooh, Scottish tablet too. Yumscrum. Visualising - all sounds really terrific and will be prized over and above shop stuff by recipients, be assured.

Right, Redditch calls....never been there before, unlikely again.

Safe, low-spend, productive w/e judi.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• judi24
    Options

Been stuck in the study all day so just thought I deserved 5 in on here as a reward (3 assignments done just the big 1 left to do!)

I rang nationwide today to check if they would offer a balance transfer rate before I close the card - they said there was nothing on the system at the moment but they were planning on send out some in the near future so I might be lucky - she couldn't tell me any more than that! I didn’t cancel the card I was hoping to get a low or 0% transfer rate at some point soon - but recently turned down for a new CC! I did have a lot of accessible credit though so wondered if that might be the cause of the rejection. Since then I have closed the MBNA card. I wonder what a reasonable period would be before applying for another CC after a rejection?

After all that rambling - should i cancel Nationwide? or keep it for a month? Dilemmas dilemmas!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure