I am such an idiot! When will I learn?

Options

Comments

• judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ampersand thanks for your kind words of encouragement - your posts amaze me with you wealth of knowledge and advice - off to look at parking fines section of forum for advice and great tips about the straining fruit/alcohol concoctions!

we had great fun foraging and Doodle dog is sleeping like a baby after all the fun! Asked on FB for any windfall apples going spare and getting some from a friend so apple and blackberry crumble and gin on the list for this week! Just not sure what to do with the elderberries yet! never used them before!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 September 2014 at 10:13PM
    Options
    Look here, old Thread on mse:-)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=84284

I've made cordial, very dense, intense. Divine with vodka - not my poison, but I know it's top notch.
    #
    But forage here:
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GGIT_enGB308GB353&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=elderberry+recipes

-after you've checked that ticket[it's NOT a fine, unless it is a Council one]

Does it say 'PCN' anywhere? Is there a traffic warden's name or no.?
    Just Yes or No, no detail, There must be an issuing authority somewhere, or else a parking company name.

Search down here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=157078807

I put 'Leeds' into the Search this Forum box. Do any of those parking areas sound like yours?
    I'll keep popping back until I see your answer -am over there posting a few replies.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• judi24
    Options
    Found the original ticket - its says its a PCN and the Councils name on it

Has the number of a Civil Enforcement Officer on it

Detail is that Parking ticket I paid for expired at 13.36 and car was observed at 13.50 so 15 mins over time!!!

Original charge was £25 if paid withing 14 days!!!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Okay judi - so you need pepipoo:
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Don't let it drag any further. You don't want an inadvertent CCJ.

I'll check back tomorrow.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• judi24
    edited 29 September 2014 at 3:54PM
    Options
    Thanks again Ampersand - I have posted on the peppipoo forum - see my thread title is very apt! I am an idiot! I know its an excuse but this year has been incredably tough and I have put my head in the sand about lots of things - it really is only in the last couple of months that I have been able to face anything apart from the basics of going to work and looking after the family and house!

Anyway - head is in a different place now - no point in looking back - just trying to explain why I have been such an idiot!!!
  • Busy_Mee
    Busy_Mee Posts: 422 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 September 2014 at 8:56PM
    Options
    Judi - you are not an idiot, far from it. You have just been unlucky, but you have taken control and got yourself and your family back on track. Well done !
  • cwtchingpennies_2
    Options
    Hello :waves:

I have been reading your first over the past few days and just wanted to send over a virtual (((hug)))!

I think you are doing great, working, studying, supporting the children by keeping a roof over their heads and food in their bellies is fantastic!

Don't be hard on yourself you have realized that a change is needed and as Mr Dave Ramsey teaches `baby steps` look at what you have paid off already!

More is caught than taught and I'm sure your children will see the changes you are making and soak it all in.

Will sub and follow along :)
  • judi24
    Options
    Thanks for your words of encouragement Busy Mee and cwtchingpeenies - I think yesterday must of been a black day for me - anyway in a better frame of mind today!

I have managed to make a batch of blackeberry brandy and freeze the rest of the blackberries and elderberries - a friend has kindly offered me a load of windfall apples so will be making goodies with them later in the week.

Had a lovely lunch with my mum - she treated me to celebrate my new job and DD2 made dinner after me having a major rant about how little she does!

Decided not to go to birthday party at the weekend - my heart is just not in it! but I am taking DD2 to see DD1 the weekend after so get to spend some time with the older girls on thier own and see my Dad at the same time

Not much else to report in the way of money saving today
  • Busy_Mee
    Options
    I'm glad you are feeling a bit more positive and a weekend with your girls and your Dad sounds lovely. Keep meaning to say my eldest is also a Pharmacist - he qualified this summer. It has been a long haul for both him and us but it has been worth it - he now has a permanent full time job where he did his pre-reg and is doing locum work on his days off.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,573 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been in this situation a couple of times. The first time I used Payplan who were brilliant. They listened to my situation and spoke to all of my creditors and worked out deals.

Unfortunately I'm back to square one and may have to go down the IVA route. I have been using a company called TH Financial Solutions who have been really helpful discussing all of the different options. They are definitely worth talking to.

:j

Good luck

GeorgePreston - Definitely don't use a private company - always use one of the Free charities, of which there are several, including Payplan, Stepchange, CAP. Private companies charge you for doing what the charities do for nothing, therefore less of the money you pay them is actually being sent to your creditors. DROP THEM NOW and speak to Payplan, Stepchange, CAP etc.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport