Comments Needed: Draft Guide to Claiming Flight Delay Compensation

Options

Comments

• expats
    expats Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Expats, your logic reminds me of the man who called in a TV repairer to fix his set. The repairman had a quick look and tapped on the side of the set with a screwdriver. The set immediately came to life.

"That'll be £50 guv".

"£50 for tapping it with a screwdriver?"

"No, sir. £1 for tapping it and £49 for knowing where to tap it"

To be honest, I'm not sure logic really comes into play with me at the moment. I'm in the situation where I know Thomson are being sent communications through Resolver, and that it has got to the stage where, as far as I know, only one more escalation can take place - that's to the CAA.

But, do I wait more in hope than expectation, for the CAA to get a result? That could just waste a further 6 months, when I could be putting things in motion myself.

I guess there is no absolute right or wrong way with these things.
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    The CAA are a total waste of time.
    Your options are:
    1. Forget it and move on
    2. Sue them yourself
    3. Instruct a NWNF firm to do the job for you in return for a share of the winnings.
    4. Sue them yourself and, if you get stuck, seek legal advice.
    5. Keep on whinging about how unfair life is
  • expats
    Options
    The CAA are a total waste of time.
    Your options are:
    1. Forget it and move on
    2. Sue them yourself
    3. Instruct a NWNF firm to do the job for you in return for a share of the winnings.
    4. Sue them yourself and, if you get stuck, seek legal advice.
    5. Keep on whinging about how unfair life is

I've opted for 3) Instruct a NWNF firm to do the job for you in return for a share of the winnings.

I'll post here to update from time to time. :)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    expats wrote: »
    I've opted for 3) Instruct a NWNF firm to do the job for you in return for a share of the winnings.

I'll post here to update from time to time. :)

But not on this thread, hopefully?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »

Oops I think I'm just as guilty of hi-jacking this thread, there's a few of the regulars guilty as charged, I've removed mine, if the others follow suit you can have your thread back :cool::A
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oops i think i'm just as guilty of hi-jacking this thread, there's a few of the regulars guilty as charged, i've removed mine, if the others follow suit you can have your thread back :cool::a

stop abusing me, angel!!! Mods, mods!!! He's doing it again!!!

;)
  • expats
    Options

No, I'll use one that's on topic. :)
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    stop abusing me, angel!!! Mods, mods!!! He's doing it again!!!

;)

I know, my username is for a reason = Novice (not very good) at being an 'Angel' :A

I hate Google lol ~ totally off topic yet again going away for a short break will be back properly Sunday. :happyhear to all
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    So it's really "No Vice Angel" then.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    expats wrote: »
    Hmm, after reading the thread discussing the merits (or not), of using Bott & Co I'm still not sure.

I do have one question. If I do start proceedings through the Small Claims system myself, and end up losing, could I then ask a company such as Bott & Co to take up the case, and appeal on my behalf?

I think from what I read in that other thread that this is the case, I just wanted to be sure nothing has changed.

you could, but if you have already lost then they may not take your case depending on why you lost
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure