Options
    Bumped to the top for noobs
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    Over 2500 DOWNLOADS !!!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin

http://db.orangedox.com/GdfSa4xUZdZI5GJadr/Vauban's%20Guide%20to%20Claiming%20Flight%20Delay%20Compensation.pdf

[Will do a version update as soon as I get a quiet moment!]
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Well you haven't had one today, it's been manic with all the noobie new threads, glad to see your on line PtLV that means I can go to bed get some sleep and we'll have an update in the morning...

.... I'd like to see you add a bit about the new two year time bar, we seem to be getting quite a bit on that, together with details of the upcoming cases at Liverpool and Botts appeal in Manchester... Thanks boss
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mfl394
    mfl394 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    mfl394 wrote: »
    At 6.7 of the guide it is explained that an allocation questionnaire will be received for return to the Court. Under rule 15.8 of the CPR if you want to file a reply to the defence it must be filed with the allocation questionnaire. I think this is a useful opportunity to respond to the defence and may help to bring matters to an early conclusion. This is what I have done with a case I am presently pursuing. Otherwise in an MCOL case the airline doesn't see the substance and strength of your case until nearer to the courtroom door( subject to what happens in mediation if any)

As many cases are being referred to the Airline Judge in Liverpool I think there is even more reason to file the detailed Claim and Reply to Defence with the Allocation Questionnaire as only then can the Judge in Liverpool gain a proper understanding of the issues.

In my case the Judge has issued a Direction requiring the airline to respond on a preliminary issue without a hearing. I see this as helping to get to the key issues and hopefully assist my local Judge in coming to a sensible conclusion.

I believe that Vauban's guide would be improved by addressing this.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This was at the bottom of page three (no smutty puns, please).

Still, ...

Over 3000 DOWNLOADS !!!

http://db.orangedox.com/GdfSa4xUZdZI5GJadr/Vauban's%20Guide%20to%20Claiming%20Flight%20Delay%20Compensation.pdf
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats as ever PtLV, I'd say update it, but the 25th isn't far away, I'm getting excited but that's me all over :j
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • expats
    expats Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban, well done, you've put together some very useful information in your guide.

I am in the process of using resolver to claim delay compensation from Thomson, but I get the feeling Thomson at all levels (the claim procedures are almost all exhausted), either don't bother reading claims, or just ignore them once read.

The next 'escalation' will be in a few days time, and it will involve writing via Resolver to the Passenger Advice and Complaints Team, which appears to be an arm of the CAA. And from what I'm reading in this and other threads the CAA are virtually a waste of time. They have no teeth, and can't force an airline to pay compensation. Add that to the fact they are way behind with complaints, according to their own website, and it seems a waste of time even contacting them.

I'm considering either taking the airline through the Small Claims system, which would be worthwhile as the amount I'm asking to be compensated is 600 euros, or using a claims firm.

If I thought I'd stand as much chance of winning by doing it myself I'd go that route, rather than pay out the charges a claims company would ask. Something I need to think about though, as obviously I'd prefer to pay a firm who are professionals and win, rather than go it alone and then perhaps lose.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    expats - the tone/language used in your post suggests to me that you would have no problem in tackling a MCOL yourself. Unlike many others you have read Vauban's excellent guide - just copy this to Thomson and they will realise you mean business!
  • expats
    expats Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, after reading the thread discussing the merits (or not), of using Bott & Co I'm still not sure.

I do have one question. If I do start proceedings through the Small Claims system myself, and end up losing, could I then ask a company such as Bott & Co to take up the case, and appeal on my behalf?

I think from what I read in that other thread that this is the case, I just wanted to be sure nothing has changed.
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    Expats, your logic reminds me of the man who called in a TV repairer to fix his set. The repairman had a quick look and tapped on the side of the set with a screwdriver. The set immediately came to life.

"That'll be £50 guv".

"£50 for tapping it with a screwdriver?"

"No, sir. £1 for tapping it and £49 for knowing where to tap it"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills