Experian CreditExpert reclaiming article

Options

Comments

• Hev83
    Hev83 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I got a cheque from Experian last Friday for £140 (£125 premium plus 8% interest) Thanks MSE!!!!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    g60jet wrote: »
    Gesture of goodwill had me laughing.

They are not fooling anyone, but imagine they can't admit fault as that would open floodgates.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Tallulah_Kitten_2
    Options
    Thanks MSE! I've just posted off your template letter to see if I can claim back the money they conned out of me. Does the same apply to Equifax as I was paying the £14.99 per month to them, too?
  • Former_MSE_Rebecca
    Options
    Hi Tallulah,

I'm afraid not - it's just Experian as it included the 'ID fraud expenses insurance' add on.

Let us know how you get on.
  • jamesatdominion
    Options
    Thank you for this campaign, I called them today and can confirm that I have been promised a refund.

I had this product for 6 months from July 2014 after which I cancelled the insurance aspect. The customer services team found my old account, noted my refund request and agreed to refund £5 for each month plus 8% within 10 minutes, no letter required. It sounded to me like they already have a scripted response to the complaint which includes the goodwill refund.
  • flyermonkey
    Options
    Received 'the letter' last week and had £172 transferred into my bank account, happy days! Thank you Moneysavingexpert
  • juliamaria53
    Options
    :jThankyou MSE, I used your template letter to claim and today I've had £147 paid into my bank account. Great result. Many thanks
  • 1stPPi
    1stPPi Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are a few additional points to note when applying for a refund.

1. The payment is by way of a rolling credit agreement, therefore is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as amended. According to the said act, at the time of agreement, all documents and anything referred to by the agreement must be available and given to the consumer, prior to the agreement of the transaction.

2. Being that it is a rolling credit agreement, and normally paid by one credit card, the amount will quickly reach over £100, this fact brings Section 75 of the act into the transaction.

3. If you have proof of the addition cost is £6.40 per month then that is what your refund should be. If Experian refuse and you get no joy from the Ombudsman, then make a small claims against Experian. The case has to be heard at your local court. Experian will not pursue this as if they lose, it would establish case law, and the costs of losing and legal fees, will be significant. Remember the PPi issue that the banks tried to fight and how much it has cost them. It may be worth reminding Experian of this. Get them to search the web for 93/10771

The CEO of Experian is Brian Cassin
  • needtowinthelottery
    Options
    Having read the latest MSE e-newsletter yesterday, I called Credit Expert yesterday afternoon to log a complaint. I received an email today and a credit in to my bank account for £76.57!!! I can't believe how quickly they acted. My husband joined at the same time so he's due the same amount back and will calling tomorrow. Thanks MSE - keep up the good work :beer:
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Options
    Might be a silly question but how do you know when you took membership and/or the additional fraud cover on? Is it just a case of looking at bank statements?
    Thank you
    2 angels in heaven :A
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport