The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Experian CreditExpert reclaiming article

Comments

• LeaLea89
    LeaLea89 Posts: 359
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Thanks MSE, letter sent last week, had an email today £145 for me and £158 for hubby.

Worthwhile doing!
    SPC6 #116 £652.75
    SPC7 #116 £674.50
    SPC8 #116 £1010
  • YES I READ THE EXPERIAN MIS-SELLING REPORT AND ACTED ON IT ON THE 07th APRIL 2015 USING THE RECLAIMING TIPS GUIDE.
    TWO DAYS LATER THE 9th APRIL 2015 I RECEIVED A REFUND OF £60.30p INCLUDING INTEREST OF £5.31p.
    WELL DONE MARTIN.
  • Hmmm, looking at everyones fast responses I'm really not sure why their response to me is taking 10 days!
  • singhini
    singhini Posts: 553
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Im just about to send my email to them (attaching a completed template). ive looked through my old credit card statements and letters and realised that I took the policy 0n 19th May 2014 and they started taking £14.99 on 18th June 2014 (so that's 10 months at £5 per month = £50 + 8%, thus expecting to get £54 back.

My questions are:-
    1 - I found a letter from Experian saying something like "good news, as off August 2014 we are moving you onto our new policy........." so can I still claim even though I have been moved onto some new thing which still costs £14.99 and
    2 - why is no one claiming the full £14.99 (if you can buy a credit report for £2, why am I paying £9.99 each month?
  • Received a cheque in full and final settlement last night.
    £200 plus £37.88 interest.

Thanks moneysavingexpert!
  • teabody
    teabody Posts: 208
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Filled in the template and sent it last Tues.......will let you know how I get on.
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    Just got my letter today with a cheque for £157.66. Wahoo!
  • Result, made a phone call last week with my complaint, just received an email, they are not upholding my complaint but as a gesture of goodwill they are refunding me £230.75, to me that says they know they were wrong although they don't want to admit it and have now put my case right.
  • Carrera74
    Carrera74 Posts: 790
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    edited 14 April 2015 at 12:22PM
    I complained via email on Friday and have received a final response today to say that "while we are still not upholding your complaint, as a gesture of goodwill we are giving you a refund amounting to the difference between the price of the full CreditExpert product". They only offered £25 plus interest but it's better back in my account than theres :)
  • Well just called up and made a complaint. Really nice guy on the phone who was obviously reading from a script - just as I was! :rotfl:

Fingers crossed I hear back from them soon :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback