Experian CreditExpert reclaiming article

Options

Comments

• hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used to have an account with CE but can't remember when I set it up and I know I used a different bank account (now closed). Is there any way I can find out when I opened it?
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sammie28 wrote: »
    I emailed Experian with my complaint about the ID fraud add on, I used the template from MSE. 5 days after the email I have received £90 plus £14.71 interest. Now they are sticking to the 'We believe it was sold correctly and they are not upholding my complaint, but as a goodwill gesture they are refunding the difference plus interest'. Funny that, cause I would of thought if they believed they were in the right they wouldn't be making any refunds!! Big THANK YOU to MSE for bringing this to my attention.

what email ddress did you use?
  • sammie28
    sammie28 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    I used [EMAIL="help@creditexpert.co.uk"]help@creditexpert.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    On my account it gave this as the email address to use for a complaint.
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    Options
    sammie28 wrote: »
    I used [EMAIL="help@creditexpert.co.uk"]help@creditexpert.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    On my account it gave this as the email address to use for a complaint.

I used customerservice@creditexpert.co.uk and got the same result (letter and cheque within a week).
  • gem3210
    Options
    I sent of the letter as I thought 'Why not' and ive just got an email back (a final email, lol) They are sending me £185, I feel like Ive won the lottery! definitely worth the cost of that stamp!
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    I used the template letter via email, got an automated response to say they would be in touch in 5 days, got a cheque through the post :D mine was only for £30 plus the interest, but it's my £34.17 and safely put into my bank account today :D
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Beckym82
    Options
    I sent the template letter from MSE to Experian on Saturday, received £160 from them into my bank account on Tuesday yay :)

Thanks MSE
  • liverbird103
    Options
    Only made one payment of £14.99 but I happy to receive a refund last week of £10.91 following just one phone call to Experian, which was prompted by this forum.

I also successfully re-claimed £320 from Shoppers Discount and Rewards for a monthly subscription they'd been taking from my account since 2012 (I know I should have noticed this ages ago). Good week all round but big lesson learned by me to be more careful when ordering on-line.
  • Krasnapolsky
    Options
    Yesterday I received the below after reading this article and making a phone call. They do ask where I heard about this claim and I said from this site. Took 24 hours for money to be in my account. This amounts to: Refund £140.00 Plus interest £28.88 Total £168.88. Thank you
  • Smart77
    Smart77 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Martin, I sent the template letter with my details less than a week ago. I haven't heard anything from them but today when I have logged into my banking I have a refund of £231.54!!!!!!!

:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure