The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

Comments

• gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    No NSD for me sadly as all of my Direct Debits came out.

Tomorrow tomorrow as Annie sang!
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    NSD 1 please

Going for 10 in total this month
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • atolaas
    atolaas Posts: 1,143
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Managed my 1st NSD for August today. Good luck to everyone this month...be gentle with me, I'm new to this thread ;):D
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared :j
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Happy 1st of the month fellow canny non-spenders!

There's something nice about getting my first nsd of the month on the first!:j

How many of you will join me? :money:

I've got lots to do today,so I'll do an update tonight.

PS How many of you have a hangover after last night's shenanigans,involving several litres of wine,The Good Ole Boys rhythm section,Igor dressed strangely in a kilt,and Hector having hysterics as he lost his train.I heard that Nargle managed to calm him down with Igor's rubber ducky and put him to bed,and that Knit Witch was frantically knitting him a woolly ducky replacement.We're all hoping that he doesn't notice the difference.

You're right Nargle,them grapes were not grapes!:eek::eek: I'm feeling so-so now,after a visit to A and E.The doctors says that it'll wear off in a few days....Just wait til I get my hands on Igor!!!!!

Where is he?Fell asleep in the steam room,oh dear.He will be a bit dehydrated....oops,apparently he looks like a 'mini-me' Igor now...:eek:

Who the heck is Hector????? Some friend of Igor who sneaked in while you were chasing that gladiator and singing that song "Man, I feel like a Roman" (apologies to Shania Twain) ?
    One life - your life - live it!
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Who the heck is Hector????? Some friend of Igor who sneaked in while you were chasing that gladiator and singing that song "Man, I feel like a Roman" (apologies to Shania Twain) ?
    Oops,I meant to say Hubert,of course. :o I hope my post makes more sense now.

Having that wine was a bad idea...:(

PS Update tomorrow,definitely.:o
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hello!

Thanks Marmite for shiny new thread.

11 for me to start with :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Butti~~I am very glad to report that currently Per Una & I are not friends.
    Mudd & Water on the other hand............
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    mobo1980 wrote: »
    Thanks Marmite , Igor can have as many cups as he wants ,just leave one for me - I get grumpy if I don't have a cuppa in the mornings :D

It was payday today went to tesco this morning and was feeling upset cos i'd lost a NSD and then realised - we're still in july -yay !!

Mobo xx

Yay indeed!:j

Thanks-we'll take as many cups as you can spare!:D
    I've got a veritable smorgasbord of cups/mugs available! I'll bring them along...:)!

Thanks!:D
    No NSD for me sadly as all of my Direct Debits came out.

Tomorrow tomorrow as Annie sang!

Do you have any allowed spends?A lot of us do.I don't count dds or bills of any kind.For me,it's all about curbing impulse buys.I also don't count going swimming (subscription),travel by public transport,prescriptions and fresh fruit and veg.
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    Here's a nice Swiss pic or two for you all!

2s683g2.jpg15gt5ok.jpg

This one I took myself.It's taken from the Lavaux vineyards,overlooking Lake Geneva.The mountains opposite are in France.

For anyone wondering why marmite had lost her mind,and was posting pics of Switzerland...Yesterday,being August the 1st,is Swiss National Day,a national holiday with lots of celebration going on.So since I live here,it made sense to post a nice Swiss photo or two. :o
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    edited 2 August 2014 at 7:10AM
    I see we have some more newbies! :j

Let's give a big,warm 1zr2vc3.jpg

to rockm87 and Sundaysgirl and another warm 24v5r9c.jpg to flowerofscotland and beanielou!

No Igor,a warm welcome doesn't generally involve anything to do with a newbie coming into close proximity to a toaster or an open fire,thank you very much.Now get back to doing the dishes!:eek::eek:

PS hope I haven't missed anyone out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport