The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

edited 8 August 2014 at 8:54AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
523 replies 15.6K views

Replies

• gothrockchic1gothrockchic1 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Buffythedebtslayer and gothrockchic1 and welcome!:hello:

It's great to have some new faces!Let me see if I can sort you out with a spare coffee cup...:)

Did someone say coffee? I'm there already :rotfl:
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igor! Get the lady a coffee! And get me one too while you're at it, I am so exhausted blowing most of my salary on frivolous things like food and petrol that I need to have a little lie-down....'
    One life - your life - live it!
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nintud wrote: »
    Can I join and set a target of 10 please? I'm on holiday until the 19th but will try my best to fit a few nsd's in while away :-)

Hi and welcome to the challenge!:wave:

Igor,another coffee cup please!Do you mind squashing up on the sofa?We don't have any more chairs...
    Did someone say coffee? I'm there already :rotfl:

Igor,coffee please!What's that you say-no more clean coffee cups?Can you use one of your antique spittoons instead?Nooooo,you cannot!We don't want to frighten the newbies!:eek::eek:
    Igor is our resident chef,and is just a tad eccentric....
    Igor! Get the lady a coffee! And get me one too while you're at it, I am so exhausted blowing most of my salary on frivolous things like food and petrol that I need to have a little lie-down....'

No,your toothpaste glass is not really a good substitute either.
    Note to self,buy more mugs ASAP.
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nintud wrote: »
    Can I join and set a target of 10 please? I'm on holiday until the 19th but will try my best to fit a few nsd's in while away :-)

Welcome to the challenge!:hello:

I'll get you a coffee cup,just as soon as I can nip out and stock up on a few.:)

Have a lovely holiday.Are you going away?
  • mobo1980mobo1980 Forumite
    368 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Good morning , please may I join again ? got lost halfway through challenge last time as just bought our first home and everything was a bit much :o

Please can I aim for 16 nsdfor August :)

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
  • atolaasatolaas Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone,..*puts own coffee cup down on the table* milk & 2 sugars please ;)

I'm new (please be gentle!) I'd like to join in the challenge and try for 10 NSD's in August.

*Pulls up a chair* So how's tricks?

ato xx
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared :j
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    atolaas wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,..*puts own coffee cup down on the table* milk & 2 sugars please ;)

I'm new (please be gentle!) I'd like to join in the challenge and try for 10 NSD's in August.

*Pulls up a chair* So how's tricks?

ato xx

Welcome!:wave:

Thank goodness that you've brought your own coffee cup,we're having a bit of a coffee cup shortage.:o
    mobo1980 wrote: »
    Good morning , please may I join again ? got lost halfway through challenge last time as just bought our first home and everything was a bit much :o

Please can I aim for 16 nsdfor August :)

Mobo xx

Hi mobo1980,and welcome back!:hello:
    I remember you.Igor has asked if he can rifle through your kitchen and take some of your cups?!:(

I'll sign you both up later today.Kitty has an appt. at the vet's (non-urgent) and I have prise her from her basket and into the carrier.I think she already suspects something.
  • t2rryt2rry Forumite
    939 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Marmite you are SO organised getting this up and running already

:hello: Hi all!

Back again. After just missing target in July, I have thought long & hard about August. It is a tough month for me anyway with lots of things to pay for (car stuff ALL due...boo!) AND starting off badly as just discovered OH has overspent A LOT! AND we have a week off AND a few events to go to.

SO

I'm still going to count all 'movable' spends in an effort to not spend unnecessarily during our week off. If I allow one spend day per week for food & petrol plus 1 more for a big shop, 3 for car stuff (3 lots of car stuff so 3 days), 3 for planned 'events'....that seems generous...

But that still leaves 20 days that theoretically are NSD's?! I'm sure it should be less than that...

ok...well I tried...

I'll go for 20 NSD'sagain please Marmite!!!

And I'm going to stick with a 5-in-a-row target

BRING IT ON AUGUST!!!
    :T:T:T:T:T
    2020: Paid off £13,877.08
    2021: Paid off £19,683.09
    ***DEBT FREE 28/05/2021***
    Emergency Fund £10,000 Complete

Next Step... Additional Savings/Sinking Fund £2,000/£10,000
  • I'll go for 10 NSDs Please :)
    LBM(2) Jan 2014 - Debt £17500 :eek:
    Current Debt: £16411.26

Weight Lost: 10.25/60 lbs :j
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    t2rry all signed up!Like you say,bring it on!! :D It's a great feeling to start a new month,isn't it? ;)

funkypriest welcome to the madhouse! :wave:

Budge up everyone,we've got another keen newbie nsder here!BTW,could you bring your own cup please?We've got an acute shortage.That is unless you're happy with an antique spittoon?....Naw,didn't think so! :o :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals