The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

Comments

• gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Buffythedebtslayer and gothrockchic1 and welcome!:hello:

It's great to have some new faces!Let me see if I can sort you out with a spare coffee cup...:)

Did someone say coffee? I'm there already :rotfl:
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Igor! Get the lady a coffee! And get me one too while you're at it, I am so exhausted blowing most of my salary on frivolous things like food and petrol that I need to have a little lie-down....'
    One life - your life - live it!
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Nintud wrote: »
    Can I join and set a target of 10 please? I'm on holiday until the 19th but will try my best to fit a few nsd's in while away :-)

Hi and welcome to the challenge!:wave:

Igor,another coffee cup please!Do you mind squashing up on the sofa?We don't have any more chairs...
    Did someone say coffee? I'm there already :rotfl:

Igor,coffee please!What's that you say-no more clean coffee cups?Can you use one of your antique spittoons instead?Nooooo,you cannot!We don't want to frighten the newbies!:eek::eek:
    Igor is our resident chef,and is just a tad eccentric....
    Igor! Get the lady a coffee! And get me one too while you're at it, I am so exhausted blowing most of my salary on frivolous things like food and petrol that I need to have a little lie-down....'

No,your toothpaste glass is not really a good substitute either.
    Note to self,buy more mugs ASAP.
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    Nintud wrote: »
    Can I join and set a target of 10 please? I'm on holiday until the 19th but will try my best to fit a few nsd's in while away :-)

Welcome to the challenge!:hello:

I'll get you a coffee cup,just as soon as I can nip out and stock up on a few.:)

Have a lovely holiday.Are you going away?
  • mobo1980
    mobo1980 Posts: 368
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good morning , please may I join again ? got lost halfway through challenge last time as just bought our first home and everything was a bit much :o

Please can I aim for 16 nsdfor August :)

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
  • atolaas
    atolaas Posts: 1,143
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Everyone,..*puts own coffee cup down on the table* milk & 2 sugars please ;)

I'm new (please be gentle!) I'd like to join in the challenge and try for 10 NSD's in August.

*Pulls up a chair* So how's tricks?

ato xx
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared :j
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    atolaas wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,..*puts own coffee cup down on the table* milk & 2 sugars please ;)

I'm new (please be gentle!) I'd like to join in the challenge and try for 10 NSD's in August.

*Pulls up a chair* So how's tricks?

ato xx

Welcome!:wave:

Thank goodness that you've brought your own coffee cup,we're having a bit of a coffee cup shortage.:o
    mobo1980 wrote: »
    Good morning , please may I join again ? got lost halfway through challenge last time as just bought our first home and everything was a bit much :o

Please can I aim for 16 nsdfor August :)

Mobo xx

Hi mobo1980,and welcome back!:hello:
    I remember you.Igor has asked if he can rifle through your kitchen and take some of your cups?!:(

I'll sign you both up later today.Kitty has an appt. at the vet's (non-urgent) and I have prise her from her basket and into the carrier.I think she already suspects something.
  • t2rry
    t2rry Posts: 1,020
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Marmite you are SO organised getting this up and running already

:hello: Hi all!

Back again. After just missing target in July, I have thought long & hard about August. It is a tough month for me anyway with lots of things to pay for (car stuff ALL due...boo!) AND starting off badly as just discovered OH has overspent A LOT! AND we have a week off AND a few events to go to.

SO

I'm still going to count all 'movable' spends in an effort to not spend unnecessarily during our week off. If I allow one spend day per week for food & petrol plus 1 more for a big shop, 3 for car stuff (3 lots of car stuff so 3 days), 3 for planned 'events'....that seems generous...

But that still leaves 20 days that theoretically are NSD's?! I'm sure it should be less than that...

ok...well I tried...

I'll go for 20 NSD'sagain please Marmite!!!

And I'm going to stick with a 5-in-a-row target

BRING IT ON AUGUST!!!
    :T:T:T:T:T
    Debt Free I FFEF I Building Savings I 2024 Plan:
    1. Slush/Tax Fund £1,450/£5,000
    2. Additional Pension Contributions £3,300/£5,000
    3. Regular Savings £1,920/£15,000

#47 Save £20k in 2024 - £6,670/£20,000 (33%)
  • I'll go for 10 NSDs Please :)
    LBM(2) Jan 2014 - Debt £17500 :eek:
    Current Debt: £16411.26

Weight Lost: 10.25/60 lbs :j
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    t2rry all signed up!Like you say,bring it on!! :D It's a great feeling to start a new month,isn't it? ;)

funkypriest welcome to the madhouse! :wave:

Budge up everyone,we've got another keen newbie nsder here!BTW,could you bring your own cup please?We've got an acute shortage.That is unless you're happy with an antique spittoon?....Naw,didn't think so! :o :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure