The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

Comments

• cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,613
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    That's a relief that you can postpone it.

It's a silly question maybe,but does that mean that it's already paid for?
    Most of my kit is bought and paid for (but will still be fit for purpose next year) and I'd only just renewed my passport before I broke my wrist (would have waited if I'd known this was going to happen ;)), but I hadn't booked transport (was waiting until I had my passport in my hands) and it's not a walking holiday where you can book accommodation in advance (or not the budget hostels anyway).
    Cheryl
  • Hi and welcome!:wave:

Are you sure you're on the right thread?I don't know what SFD is,but this is the NSD (no spend day) challenge.Is that the one that you want?

OMG! Yes this is the right place Marmite, I was reading a different thread before I posted and on that one they are SFD's (spend free days) not NSD's!
    Highest debt: £25,702.08 :( (estimated) DFD 29th August 2018 Paid £35.25
    September Squirrels #27: debt paid £35.25/£500 ~ SFD 0/15 ~ Birthdays 0/£50 ~ Saved 0/£50 ~ Food £25.68/£250 ~ Food Bank 0/5 ~ Exercise 2/15 ~ Reflection 1/15
    Weight Loss: 0/56lbs
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    cw18 wrote: »
    Most of my kit is bought and paid for (but will still be fit for purpose next year) and I'd only just renewed my passport before I broke my wrist (would have waited if I'd known this was going to happen ;)), but I hadn't booked transport (was waiting until I had my passport in my hands) and it's not a walking holiday where you can book accommodation in advance (or not the budget hostels anyway).

It's just as well that you can postpone it.
    OMG! Yes this is the right place Marmite, I was reading a different thread before I posted and on that one they are SFD's (spend free days) not NSD's!

That's fine then;I'll sign you up.Ok,let me see if we have a spare coffee cup for you! :)
  • NewbieJosh
    NewbieJosh Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2014 at 6:22PM
    It's been a while, haven't been on the forum for a couple of days. I've finally found myself a job, and have also managed to successfully keep up the no spending. I'm on NSD 13 this month, so only one away from my overall target!

Could I please be put down for 20 NDSs in August which seems slightly optamisitic but I think it is very do able! :D
    SAVING FOR THE FUTURE AS OF JULY 2014
    Emergency Savings Fund: £120 / £1080 (11.11%)

NSD: November: 2/12
  • Hello,

I threaten to do this challenge in my head fairly often but now I am having a last minute push towards getting debt free by the end of the year I need to plan spending and stop this going out on a whim.

So can you put me down for 8 no spend days please. I know it isn't a lot but am on holiday at the moment so am starting off s l o w l y!

thanks for running the thread XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi can I join please?

I have been really good this month so I would like to aim for 10 NSD's this month, with 3 in a row.

Thank you
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Buffythedebtslayer and gothrockchic1 and welcome!:hello:

It's great to have some new faces!Let me see if I can sort you out with a spare coffee cup...:)
  • tinks112
    tinks112 Posts: 67
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good Evening

Please may I join??

My aim is 20 nsd`s with 4 in a row. I'm hoping to achieve more as we need to stop spending!!

Thanks Tinks
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Yes, Igor we have some new people joining us. Yes, you can offer them a cuppa and something to eat. No, they will definitely not be wanting your leftover ferret and chutney sandwiches.....ye gods, Igor, they've even got your teethmarks in....get back to July 's thread and get on with preparing for the end of month party.......

Sorry about that, folks, you just can't get the staff these days.....
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Nintud
    Nintud Posts: 191
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can I join and set a target of 10 please? I'm on holiday until the 19th but will try my best to fit a few nsd's in while away :-)
    MBNA 120/17120.
    Santander 250/9000
    - - - -
    What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash. (L Ellis)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure