The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

edited 8 August 2014 at 8:54AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
523 replies 15.6K views

Replies

• NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And hello to a happy holiday month challenge with lots of sunny days, beaches, blue skies and ice creams! Thank you marmite for being on the ball as usual, and please put me down for my usual 15 NSDs.......August totally rocks!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • AphidgirlAphidgirl Forumite
    431 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Hi, I'll have another go in August please. 15 was a bit tricky this month so I'll go with....

10 NSD for August :)

Hopefully I may get more!
    Starting 2016 debt-free :D
    Emergency Fund: £350/£1000
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aphidgirl wrote: »
    Hi, I'll have another go in August please. 15 was a bit tricky this month so I'll go with....

10 NSD for August :)

Hopefully I may get more!

Starting off with a low target,then increasing it means you also get more prizes. ;)
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since breaking my wrist 3 weeks ago I've struggled to get any NSDs (lack of ability to cook means several purchases of ready meals, and ban from driving while I have a cast means several days of spends on bus and/or train fares).

As I'm still looking at another 3 weeks minimum (possibly 5) with the cast and also have a week away with young children in August, I'm going to set myself a lower than normal target.

So sign me up for 10 NSDs please :)
    Cheryl
    Grocery Budget : January £155. Spent £33.75 in shops + £0.00 from stocks = £32.45
    Grocery Budget : 2021 £1825. Spent £33.75 in shops + £0.00 from stocks = £32.45
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    cw18 wrote: »
    Since breaking my wrist 3 weeks ago I've struggled to get any NSDs (lack of ability to cook means several purchases of ready meals, and ban from driving while I have a cast means several days of spends on bus and/or train fares).

As I'm still looking at another 3 weeks minimum (possibly 5) with the cast and also have a week away with young children in August, I'm going to set myself a lower than normal target.

So sign me up for 10 NSDs please :)

That does sound frustrating.Don't you have a walking holiday coming up?
  • Penguins86Penguins86 Forumite
    373 Posts
    After my success in July (with 2 days to go) I'm hoping to continue my days of no spending. We've got a week's holiday to Austria this month (paid for over several months) so I'm going to aim for 10 NSDs again :-) when I'm back at school in September I'll up my target!
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That does sound frustrating.Don't you have a walking holiday coming up?
    Was planning to head out to Spain on 10th September for 8 weeks. I should be out of the cast by them, but the wrist will still be weak. As such I've decided that slinging a 15kg backpack around at that stage is too much of a gamble/risk, so I've postponed until next year. Now I just need to decide whether to head out April/May (start date would depend on whether I get a place in the London Marathon or not), or wait until September and do it at the time of year I'd originally planned on.
    Cheryl
    Grocery Budget : January £155. Spent £33.75 in shops + £0.00 from stocks = £32.45
    Grocery Budget : 2021 £1825. Spent £33.75 in shops + £0.00 from stocks = £32.45
  • Can I join with a target of 15 SFDs and 5 in a row please. I am in the process of changing all my direct debits to come out on the same day of the month so hopefully it will be more!

Thank you.
    Highest debt: £25,702.08 :( (estimated) DFD 29th August 2018 Paid £35.25
    September Squirrels #27: debt paid £35.25/£500 ~ SFD 0/15 ~ Birthdays 0/£50 ~ Saved 0/£50 ~ Food £25.68/£250 ~ Food Bank 0/5 ~ Exercise 2/15 ~ Reflection 1/15
    Weight Loss: 0/56lbs
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    cw18 wrote: »
    Was planning to head out to Spain on 10th September for 8 weeks. I should be out of the cast by them, but the wrist will still be weak. As such I've decided that slinging a 15kg backpack around at that stage is too much of a gamble/risk, so I've postponed until next year. Now I just need to decide whether to head out April/May (start date would depend on whether I get a place in the London Marathon or not), or wait until September and do it at the time of year I'd originally planned on.

That's a relief that you can postpone it.

It's a silly question maybe,but does that mean that it's already paid for?
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I join with a target of 15 SFDs and 5 in a row please. I am in the process of changing all my direct debits to come out on the same day of the month so hopefully it will be more!

Thank you.

Hi and welcome!:wave:

Are you sure you're on the right thread?I don't know what SFD is,but this is the NSD (no spend day) challenge.Is that the one that you want?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals