The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

edited 8 August 2014 at 8:54AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
523 replies 15.6K views

Replies

• marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see that a few intrepid nsders have already captured #1.

WELL DONE TO:

fedup,NewbieJosh,atolaas,Saver-upper,Butti and marmite. :j:j:j

I am cunningly declaring today as #2.That'll hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow.
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this gives you a laugh!

t9wgli.jpg
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning marmite and any NSD gang members who are around at such a disgusting time on a Saturday morning.

For any newbies wondering about the whole Igor, Hubert ethos....hunting for NSDs can be a hard slog, when so many things compete for your money. Also, you might live with people possessed by the spendy demons who seem hell bent on sabotaging your efforts to save money. So, the NSD thread was born, to support and motivate. As well as the serious challenge stuff we also cheer each other up with the odd laugh and bit of banter.

When I joined a few years ago the NSD gang had outings in the Tardis, visiting places and events, causing mayhem. Usually dodgy alcohol and visits from the Polis were part of that. Hubert, the silly incontinent donkey who eats everything in sight, was already in residence, along with two little green aliens donated by a former member. I introduced the servile, eager to please Igor, as the Ennessdee Towers resident caretaker and chef (loosely based on the Discworld Igors) and things took off from there.....

So, if anyone has ideas for an NSD gang outing at the end of the month please let Igor know.

(Stop chuntering, Igor, it wasn't me who nailed Rubber Ducky to the dartsboard for target practice...)
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Penguins86Penguins86 Forumite
    373 Posts
    I've been a bit non-committal in the last couple of challenges and missed some posts, I always wondered who Igor and Hubert were! Now I know :)

After a cunning plan from my mum as I had no idea what to buy my gran for her birthday it has been decided I will let here choose a bag to go with her wedding outfit for my brothers wedding. This cunning plan means I don't need to go out and buy something today, just make a voucher, as she doesn't have the outfit yet!

So I can already declare NSD #1 as I won't be leaving the house...unless it's nice enough to go in the garden to hang out washing (not looking promising) or I find time for a run/cycle!
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning marmite and any NSD gang members who are around at such a disgusting time on a Saturday morning.

For any newbies wondering about the whole Igor, Hubert ethos....hunting for NSDs can be a hard slog, when so many things compete for your money. Also, you might live with people possessed by the spendy demons who seem hell bent on sabotaging your efforts to save money. So, the NSD thread was born, to support and motivate. As well as the serious challenge stuff we also cheer each other up with the odd laugh and bit of banter.

When I joined a few years ago the NSD gang had outings in the Tardis, visiting places and events, causing mayhem. Usually dodgy alcohol and visits from the Polis were part of that. Hubert, the silly incontinent donkey who eats everything in sight, was already in residence, along with two little green aliens donated by a former member. I introduced the servile, eager to please Igor, as the Ennessdee Towers resident caretaker and chef (loosely based on the Discworld Igors) and things took off from there.....

So, if anyone has ideas for an NSD gang outing at the end of the month please let Igor know.

(Stop chuntering, Igor, it wasn't me who nailed Rubber Ducky to the dartsboard for target practice...)

I've never come across the two little aliens.Do they have names?

I've not read the Discworld books.A Discworld Igor sounds fascinating.Whenever I think of Igor,I have this image in my mind:
    aktni8.jpg

The wonderful Marty Feldman. :D
  • Knit_WitchKnit_Witch Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally recovered from the Ennessdee Party (ye Gods that wine was strong!), yesterday was a spendy day :mad: but today I am claiming a shiny NSD (so 1 and 1 in a row :rotfl:)
    Must use my stash up!
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NewbieJosh wrote: »
    It's been a while, haven't been on the forum for a couple of days. I've finally found myself a job, and have also managed to successfully keep up the no spending. I'm on NSD 13 this month, so only one away from my overall target!

Could I please be put down for 20 NDSs in August which seems slightly optamisitic but I think it is very do able! :D

Well done on the job :T is this a permanent or summer one?

You realise when you put that down in writing it also makes us sound even madder :rotfl:

Lovely photos of Switzerland marmite hope you enjoyed the sausages and fireworks.

Apologies I'm a little late I'm signing up this month, work busy still and not much time in the evenings again, oh, and I fell off the pole on thurs :eek: no major damage, just a bruised shoulder and sore arm, could have been worse as initially i was going head first :eek::eek:

Cheryl could you adjust your rules while you're in a cast? It seems a little unfair to miss NSD because you have to get public transport since you physically cannot drive.

Right, target for this month....we're supposed to have visitors this weekend but BIL can't come as he's been called into work because of the commonwealth games.... Supposed to be going to a festival next weekend, suggested to OH to take our own beer for the evening rather than £3-£4 a pint there, not sure he's quite on board with the idea *rolls eyes*, seeing a band the weekend after and a mod weekend after that. YE Gods it's a somewhat busy month. However I'm going to aim for 14 NSD please marmite. I need to be good in between our outings. :A

Plus I'm skint this month after forking out for breakdown cover and had the car in the garage as it has been sounding off.....turns out it was a loose wheel bearing :eek:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marmite - no idea what the aliens were called, just that they were somehow linked to a poster called puredeaddopey who no longer seems to be around. BigMummaF I think also joined in (and probably created) the nonsense too! Still, the thread evolves, people go and new people arrive, keeps things interesting!

And who's a clever Nargle, then? Only gone and got my first NSD of the month, haven't I?

Number 1 NSD in the Cauldron of Doom!!!!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall bigmummaf did bring the aliens along to a shin dig or two, I believe they were asked not to return after an unfortunate incident where Hubert became trapped in the Tardis broom cupboard, with one Gordon T Gopher ....
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• fedupandskintfedupandskint Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nsd2 today for me
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides