Slimming World Support for Summer 2014

Options

Comments

• gbatey
    gbatey Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks all! Was awful weather but would rather have it raining than hot-today was training for the Great North Run in Sept :-)
    Debt free 2018 :)

Wins for 2020: April - Flowers, Keyring
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lush - sorry to hear about your family friend.

Durham - your spa day sounds wonderful

top girl good luck for a sts tomorrow

Sprirt - menu looks good.

Kiwi - well done on planning for today and most of tomorrow, looks delish.

maman - I hate having to go somewhere just cause I don't want to seem like a party pooper. Good luck in avoiding the temptations.

lioness - I found the same and wondered if maybe it was because the things you are eating e.g. extra veg, fruit, protein etc are filling you up more. Either way I figure it's gotta be a good thing in the long term for me. Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow.

gbatey - wow I am in awe. Well done you.:T
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maisie_M wrote: »
    maman - I hate having to go somewhere just cause I don't want to seem like a party pooper. Good luck in avoiding the temptations.

Thanks for the sympathy. I'll enjoy the dancing and I like the people who go but I just loathe having to stop in the middle of the evening and eat food I just don't want. Unfortunately the leader thinks it the social highlight of the year!:(
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have just been told I am looking a trim OLD BIRD now. I think it was a meant to be a compliment but could have done without the OLD lol but it did cheer me up been a long long time since I have been called trim.
    Slimming World at target
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maman wrote: »

Are you doing the recipe for cauli cheese on the SW site? I'd like to hear how you get on with it as I adore the 'full fat' version. I banned myself from having it when I was getting to target but now it's back on the menu.

Have you tried the cauliflower cheese soup Maman?

It's either 1 or 1.5 syns plus your HEXA per serving, I'm a big fan.
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Are you doing the recipe for cauli cheese on the SW site? I'd like to hear how you get on with it as I adore the 'full fat' version. I banned myself from having it when I was getting to target but now it's back on the menu.

Yes. It was OK, it had set, which was odd, but it might have been because I overcooked it slightly. Not sure it's worth the Syns; personally I'll stick with run of the mill cauliflower. There are some things that you just can't replicate healthily!
  • Yemma
    Yemma Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely shiny new thread! :T

Well, I'm making a Monday resolution to get back on the wagon! Have had an awful couple of food weeks with holiday, work stress and relationship woes. I just don't want to be like this anymore :( Feeling quite down but it won't last.

Maman, in response to your response from a few days ago :D there are loads of groups nearby, but the majority are during the day or nights I can't do. I suspect I'm making it difficult for myself though due to grumps, so I'll look at the situation properly this week.

Welcome to all the newbie, happy losing :)
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all. Special wave for old friends and newcomers.

Took grandson to cinema today and to McDonalds for lunch. I had the grilled chicken and bacon salad. I had good intentions.

Sunday's Menu
    Breakfast: ML vanilla & dark choc sprinkle yogurt, banana
    Lunch: McD's salad (1.5 syns)
    Dinner: oops - half portion chicken chasni (I'll count 8 syns - half of the highest syn I can find listed), boiled rice and 1 chicken pakora (6 syns)
    Snacks: sneaked some salted popcorn from grandson (he didn't notice, so I won't count it ;) )

Guess that's all my syns for the day then. But I still have hexa and hexb ;)

Goodluck and goodnight,
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry about your loss lush.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can I post this advert here?
    LOST one MOJO if found please return to TIE and staple it to her forehead before kicking her up the jacksy :D

For Annie GAINED 2.5lb
    What can I say! Been really stressed with work, house been rewired, wedding anniversary and Hubby's birthday, usual weekend tummy issues and a general feeling of 'can't be arsed' :o
    Still very stressed with stuff been asked to do for work especially as only 8 days left to do them by.
    My tummy pain just won't go, can't work out what the problem is. Fed up with food intolerances :mad:

Anyway a BIG thank you to consultant for shiny new thread :T. Very warm welcomes to newbies :wave::wave: and heartfelt sympathies to lush for your loss x x x
    Well done to all you losers too and big hugs to those in need x x
    Bit of an essay, sorry :p
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts