Options
1181182183184185187»

Comments

• Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all

Congratulations to all who have lost, and hello to the newbies.

Shala sorry I should have said I was STS on Wednesday.

Been MIA as have been super busy and mega tired at night but still sticking to the plan. It helps that DH has said that he wants to lose a few pounds so wants to join in as he needs to lose a few lbs. So we will have decided that we will weigh in on Friday mornings and have our own wee club going. I am going to sling £5 in a pot for our weigh in to save for new clothes when I have lost all my weight.

As a result we had a good root through my mags and this weekend we have had the Thia fish cakes (Friday night), pulled pork - thanks Shala for the recipe (Saturday night), French onion soup (lunch today).

We have planned a couple of new things for next week including the spring lamb hotpot, Singapore style egg noodles and I want to try and make some falafels tomorrow to take for lunch next week.

Phew that was longer than I intended :o
    Today's menu was
    breakfast - LM sausages, omlette with toms and mushrooms
    Lunch - french onion soup (3 syns)
    dinner - roast chicken, roast pots and parsnips, carrots and broccoli

no need for any snacks today as we are so stuffed
  • Almost-free
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I would love to join you if that's ok!

The big losers on here have really inspired me!

I lost 7 lb on SW last year -and kept it off- but want to lose the last stone that really bugs me. I know it doesn't sound that huge a hurdle compared to what some of you ladies have been brave enough to tackle,but my eating habits have really gone to pot because of surgery I had for bowel cancer, things are much more settled now however so I feel this is the now or never time to get this stone off!

I am doing it on my own now as I can't stand our local consultant- voice like a chipmunk on helium! I also am doing this as cheap as possible, another reason to do it at home.

I am lucky that my daughter works for a company that gives her a huge box of grade A fruit every Friday ! It varies slightly every week, but there are always a few different varieties of apples ( never realised how many there are!) oranges, a big bag each of black and green grapes, a big tub of gorgeous strawberries and oranges. Then there are a variety of other fruit- doughnut peaches, pears,mango etc. So my fruit will be sorted !

My first target is 7lb in 4 weeks. Does that sound feasible?

I am not too sure what my eating plans are today- need to look back at my food dairy of last year to remind me what I ate on the successful weeks!

I am going to stick with EE as it was fine for me last time.

I have had porridge this morning made with half water/half skimmed milk from my allowance and strawberries. Tea with dash of milk from my allowance.

Lunch will probably be a jacket potato with tuna and large mixed salad.

Dinner will probably be a salmon fillet with new potatoes , cabbage and broccoli that I need to use up. Don't know about anything else yet- I only determined to do this at 2 this morning!

I need to remind myself what is free/low syn ie which yoghurts etc and do a shop ! Are there any free or low syn Aldi foods please? I should say I don't eat meat, but I do eat fish. I love quorn as well.

I have 5 unopened slimming world magazines to peruse so hopefully that will give me lots of inspiration alongside you lovely ladies!
  • Kiwisaver_2
    Options
    Hi Almostfree this Summer Challenge has ended and there's a new thread here for the Autumn period. Come on over, you'll be most welcome.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5050981
    Mortgage
    Start January 2017: $268,012
    Latest balance $266,734
    Reduction: $1,278.45
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts